Unbrick kfsowi

Search This thread

Gran PC

Aug 13, 2013
can you help please I have run the tool everything went fine but when I boot kindle ijust get grey kindle writing still or if I plug fastboot cable in I get fastboot still nothing has chaned kindle still stuck at kindle writing am I ding something wrong what gives can you help me many thanks

Hm... did it go into the "Installing system update" screen?

Reactions: turtel2k1
D

Deleted member 3621712

After using this tool in v.0.2.1 i get the message "Booted successfully!" on the screen of my kindle. Can anyone help me?

D

Deleted member 3621712

Yes drivers installed. Which one i dont knwo. I think from my Nexus 5 but not sure. I use Win 8.1.

D

Deleted member 3621712

If i uninstall this driver and plug in my kindle with the factory cable it installs the driver itself...

Attachments

• adb.PNG
    adb.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 121
D

Deleted member 3621712

Screenshot attached.
Display of my kindle says "booted successfully!".

Ive tested more firmwares and with and without wiping data.

Attachments

• tool.PNG
    tool.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 158
D

Deleted member 3621712

after waiting a time i got the red triangle on the screen.

Attachments

• tool2.PNG
    tool2.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 135

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
after waiting a time i got the red triangle on the screen.

Red Triangle means you have no recovery installed. The drives installed automatically are the right ADB drivers. Your battery being low has nothing to do with installing firmware. It's wise to let it charge but it will install until it fails from low battery. Hopefully they come back and help you as I am unfamiliar with this tool.

Sent From Kindle Fire HD 7 running CM 11 4.4.2

Gran PC

Aug 13, 2013
Red Triangle means you have no recovery installed. The drives installed automatically are the right ADB drivers. Your battery being low has nothing to do with installing firmware. It's wise to let it charge but it will install until it fails from low battery. Hopefully they come back and help you as I am unfamiliar with this tool.

Sent From Kindle Fire HD 7 running CM 11 4.4.2

Nope, the red triangle is rendered by recovery when it finds an error. In this case it's most likely "battery too low".

Sent from my Xperia T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the website is offline. Can you upload the file again?

It is a very old version, so I took it down. You can download it from https://peniscorp.com/firerooter
    Works here.

Thanks to all the devs here for making this possible...

Working on an automated script now =)
    Thanks a bunch for this.

the tool didnt do it, the timing of getting adb to work seems to me very difficult if you are booting with a fastboot cable , and then want to boot to the mini system img.

BUT....

if you let the tool install the minisystem.img

and then can get adb access , the following post on the google group got me back to stock

How to reinstall FireOS

Botched your /system partition beyond recognition? Everything is broken? Dropped your #Kindle in a sea of piss and need to RMA it? Fear not! You can just reinstall FireOS and get it looking just as if we had never touched it!

First of all, you'll have to root your tablet. I'm assuming you know how to do this!

Once that's done, put this file -- https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin -- in /sdcard/ (you can use adb push).

Then run these commands:

adb shell
    su
    root@android:/# cp /sdcard/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin /cache/update.zip
    root@android:/# echo --update_package=/cache/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command
    root@android:/# exit
    shell@android:/$ exit
    adb reboot recovery

If everything went well, you should see the 'installing update' screen -- and once you're booted, we're back to stock! We did it!!!!!!

I did it slightly differently, I just renamed the bin on my pc first, and adb pushed it to /cache
    I had to mount rootfs for r/w to do the adb push into /cache
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount rootfs /
    chmod 777 /cache

Yeah the tool pretty much does just that (the steps on my guide, not your chmod shenanigans.. although that's a nice idea!)

Also, if you're gonna use the tool, please use the latest version (@kyleberry.graphics, update OP please):

https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.1.zip
    Thank you for all your work. I was charged with fixing a bootlooped kindle for a kid. After research it looked like a fastboot cable was needed. Just got it today. I just spent several hours in google purgatory. I was certain I had a Kindle HD 7''. I finally figured out i was given a Kindle HD 7'' 2013 KFSOWI .. very few post mention this as its a far more recent model than I realized. in case it helps people find this you will know if you get to the point of running fastboot you will know as "getvar product" will return "soho-pvt-prod-07" instead of "tate-xxx-xxxx-xx". also there is no camera and angled back edges.

I was trying KFHD SRT with no luck (many times) .. it did get me from bootloop to red screen!! I was pretty discouraged when I realized I had a different model. I then followed the trail of the largely dead Kindlesuite to this tool.

I installed it and it got me booted to linux! i was finally on the right track! however I got stuck trying to install google nexus adb drivers. finally i clicked on the fantastic help link in the tool and followed the usb install instructions and tried again. it actually installed everything! i had tried 11.4.x .. however i got back to the kindlefire strobing logo which was the problem at the start. pushing aside my mounting sadness I tried again and installed 11.3 and chose to wipe the user data as well. success! kindle screen. its currently charging from the 6% i was running at to 30% so i can try to upgrade it to the lastest stock release and then give it back to a hopefully thankful kid. thanks to everyone who put what is clearly a ton of work into this tool. its awesome. hopefully this may help someone else who gets stuck. mostly keep trying as long as the kindle turns on there is hope.

Hey, thank you for the kind words! :)