G2 LS980 Bricked

Search This thread

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
Hi,

Dear All,

I bought a LS980 2 days ago used. It had Lam Hoang 7.0 KK rom installed,root and TWRP. I was messing with camera app and installed xdabbeb's mod through its app (3.xx one) after restart it went into boot loop. I tried to go to stock using LG flash tool and sprint tot/dll but it says that I have a D802(LDG802AT-00-V21r.OPEN-ESA-APR...). I can only go into download mode. My efs backup is on internal storage didn't copied it to PC :(. I would raelly appreciate if you guys could guide me to a early resolution.

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
flashed d802 tot/dll(8974) phone boots touch/keyboard not functions. reboots within 20 secs..sigh..

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
I'm not sure if it was a good idea to flash other models tot on your ls980 -.-. Maybe try flashing the ls980 tot again? And isn't it possible you bought a d802?

Last edited:

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
you may have fully bricked your device by doing this because the only to get it to think it's ls980 now is to edit build.prop and then flash ls980 tot

Thats what the plan is. It was bricked with build.prop of d802 to begin with. So at least it working (with a random touch response) I am able to enable developer mode and debugging and hoping to push LS980 build.prop to system and the flashing it with LS980.tot. If you could tell me how to use adb for this?I am new to this(learning)

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Thats what the plan is. It was bricked with build.prop of d802 to begin with. So at least it working (with a random touch response) I am able to enable developer mode and debugging and hoping to push LS980 build.prop to system and the flashing it with LS980.tot. If you could tell me how to use adb for this?I am new to this(learning)

Well the main problem right now is that you need root in order to be able to install and app like adbinsecure(search on xda for it) to be able to adb push into system/ and then use an app like root browser to add the needed permissions, the other option still needs root and need to push the prop into sdcard/ and then use an app like root browser to place it in system/ and add the needed permissions

Sent from my Potato powered G2 D800

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
I was able to root it. then i pushed ls980 build.prop to /system/. I then restarted into download mode and tried to flash ls980zv7 tot. It now sees it as ls980 but giving error.
LAF partition changed. I think the previous rom changed it to 16GB.

I think I am gonna cry :'(

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I was able to root it. then i pushed ls980 build.prop to /system/. I then restarted into download mode and tried to flash ls980zv7 tot. It now sees it as ls980 but giving error.
LAF partition changed. I think the previous rom changed it to 16GB.

I think I am gonna cry :'(

the laf partition is the partition on the phone that contains download mode in general; in other words it won't flash because phone has d802 laf partition you could try changing the partition for the ls980 one but that is kind of asking of a permanent brick

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
I think it should be same for all 16GB versions. Do sprint come in 16GB variant if yes then I need to find it. else I think its dead :(

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
solved. I then flashed ls980zv7 using custom 8974.dll which nuked it and it started booting into fastboot and unable to charge. I then had to copy partition files through fastboot. I then got download mode back. Still I wasn't able to flash zv7 as it complained about laf changed. I then thought for flashing an updating version (zva) thinking it will write its own partitions and may correct it. I used custom 8974.dll and ls980zva.tot and it worked. This guy boxorandyos been a great help in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682926

hope this helps someone with same issue

mocoyombiflash

Nov 2, 2010
Maricao
www.recargatusim.com
solved. I then flashed ls980zv7 using custom 8974.dll which nuked it and it started booting into fastboot and unable to charge. I then had to copy partition files through fastboot. I then got download mode back. Still I wasn't able to flash zv7 as it complained about laf changed. I then thought for flashing an updating version (zva) thinking it will write its own partitions and may correct it. I used custom 8974.dll and ls980zva.tot and it worked. This guy boxorandyos been a great help in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682926

hope this helps someone with same issue

i need help how to get the 8974.dill