bricked my i747. calling all pros

Search This thread

troolplay1

Jul 19, 2014
Hello people, I randomly tried to flash internation model rom on my i747 model s3

it gave wrong model error so i went and modified asserts in the update file and made it pass the check. but phone wont turn on now. i do get red led when charging it. I know it sounds stupid but i just wanted to give a try (was assuming I would unlock the phone :laugh:)

anyways i do know that 16gb sd un-brick method. but i was wondering if there's a possible different method.

thanks for your time.

troolplay1

Jul 19, 2014
looks like SD Unbrick method isn't working either, it's not turning on with unbrick sd. i did do a backup before all this. can anyone help here?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Dont give up. Many people have to run through the sd creation process several times before it worked.
It could also be the sd card you are using.

troolplay1

Jul 19, 2014
Dont give up. Many people have to run through the sd creation process several times before it worked.
It could also be the sd card you are using.

the thing is, all debrick img's posted on threads are for 4.3 and up. my phone was on 4.1.2 with an i747 bootloader.

going to order a usb jig (since diy's failed)

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If you are on pre-4.3 firmware, it shouldn't matter what debrick.img you use. But if you do get it to boot it will not let you flash anything older than what the image is.

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Of course it wouldn't hurt to have a 4.1.2 image.....

distorsun

Dec 28, 2013
the thing is, all debrick img's posted on threads are for 4.3 and up. my phone was on 4.1.2 with an i747 bootloader.

going to order a usb jig (since diy's failed)

It is a good idea to have a jig handy. But you many not even need it for that one. The exact same thing happened to me (I747m - Fido).
Just make sure the SD card is the same size as your phone for the image.
I am assuming you already found all the steps? You can pm me if you need the necessary files.

troolplay1

Jul 19, 2014
It is a good idea to have a jig handy. But you many not even need it for that one. The exact same thing happened to me (I747m - Fido).
Just make sure the SD card is the same size as your phone for the image.
I am assuming you already found all the steps? You can pm me if you need the necessary files.

I have tried many many debirck img's. both for t999 and i747, for 4.3 and whatnot. today i got the jig in the mail but the try failed, still wont turn on. i lost hope and i feel like sending it to ebay service is my only resort. the sd card i was using was a pixar class 10 16GB. idk what would go wrong with that.

the reason that i bricked it, again, is flashing wrong bootloader.

any help would be appreciated.

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
Idk bro the international s3 is a whole nother phone, it has a quad core exynos processor while we got a dual core snapdragon, it's got a gig of ram we got 2.... That's too name a few differences.....I think the only way to fix it is by a JTAG.......sorry bout the luck bro

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
O don't think he's got an international version. Thought he mentioned having an I747 before??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
The debrick method should work though. If it were me I wouldn't give up just yet. I'd at least try a few more times on every sdcard I could get a hold of. Often doesn't work on the first couple of tries, and AFAIK there's no way to know which sdcards will or won't work. Just gotta keep trying.
It is possible that for some reason this method simply won't work, but it has worked in the past for similar types of bricks.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The debrick method should work though. If it were me I wouldn't give up just yet. I'd at least try a few more times on every sdcard I could get a hold of. Often doesn't work on the first couple of tries, and AFAIK there's no way to know which sdcards will or won't work. Just gotta keep trying.
    It is possible that for some reason this method simply won't work, but it has worked in the past for similar types of bricks.