WM6.1 ActiveSync with 2 PCs error code 86000107

Search This thread

ferioz

Mar 23, 2005
This solution works for me. Tested it by soft-resetting, and resync, no more that error.

I just did a quick search for error 86000107 and a few people solve the problem by doing this:

Uncheck all items in activsync then connect / sync.
Check and re-sync the items 1 at a time.

The problem appears to recur when tasks are selected for syncing. I haven't had this problem myself but have had something similar with syncing notes which I've resolved in a similar manner.

Hope this helps.

x1Kofi

Feb 28, 2009
This fixed my problem to! I unchecked items in active sync on the PC then pressed sync. Then once synced checked what i wanted to be synced again, and worked perfectly!

I just did a quick search for error 86000107 and a few people solve the problem by doing this:

Uncheck all items in activsync then connect / sync.
Check and re-sync the items 1 at a time.

The problem appears to recur when tasks are selected for syncing. I haven't had this problem myself but have had something similar with syncing notes which I've resolved in a similar manner.

Hope this helps.

ozamora

Jun 20, 2007
In order for me to have it working, I needed to disable Calendar Sync on My home PC. If I enabled it, it will work once and then crap out the next day. It has happened to me like 3 times already. I decided to just not include my home pc calendar. Its been ok since then.

eucurto

Jul 11, 2007
I had the same problem/error code and i noticed that the device name was diferent from one PC to the other... I set the same name and redone the partnership.. Problem solved.

I really don't know how it changed the device name by it self...

Looking Glass

Jan 3, 2004
I had the same problem/error code and i noticed that the device name was diferent from one PC to the other... I set the same name and redone the partnership.. Problem solved.

I really don't know how it changed the device name by it self...

Looks strange to me.
I've noticed that if you change something in one computer, the PDA and the 2nd computer in the same period between syncs (different issues, let's say a calendar item, a contact phone number and a note) before syncing, then the three way sync will fail again, and wou will NOT know for sure "how much" of your updated info is on every PC/PDA, it renders the basic concept of PDA syncing UNUSEABLE.
It's driving me mad. After many years of PDA carrying, it's the first time I CAN NOT RELY on my PDA having my latest updated info!!!! I've already lost an important meeting!!!

HELP PLEASE!

Last edited:

ezoid

Sep 5, 2008
Odivelas
I've got a issue with my kaiser...

My kaiser:
ROM: 3.28.410.0 PTG
RADIO: 1.65.16.25

My PC
VISTA x64
WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE CENTER 6.1
OUTLOOK 2007

When synchronising all my contacts on my KAISER are erased,but not copied to my outlook... can anyone help me please???

DebbieNY13

May 14, 2008
New York
Since the last post in this thread seems not to have solved this issue, I decided to bump this up in search of a resolution...

Has anyone found a permanent way of either correcting the synch problem? Has reverting to 6.0 or updating to 6.5 corrected this?

This has been torturing me for some time now and it never seems to follow any pattern. I get missing data, duplicate data, and/or a mix of old data after updating manually and nothing seems to work.

I am currently running the latest Death ROM since the one prior was sucking up my battery life too quickly and have had this 2-PC synching problem with all ROMs. Is there any custom or stock ROM that seems to correct this??? I love my Tilt, but this damned error is making me crazy and I find I can't rely on my data anymore. :(

bravesparrow

Jan 11, 2008
WM6.1 Cannot sync to two computers; Can WM6.5?

I second the above post.

My current phone (Kaiser/Tilt/TYTNII) is running a WM6.1 ROM, and nowhere have I been able to find a solution to this problem. I did not have this problem prior to "upgrading to WM6.1, and i am not aware, having searched extensively, of any reliable fix. I therefore only attamept to sync my PDA with one comuter now. This is hugely limiting to me.

I am upgrading to a Rapheal/HTC Touch Pro phone this week, and intend to load a WM6.5 ROM on it. Can someone please let me know: does this fix my issue?

Regards,

David.

"HTC TYTNII
Stock 6.1 ROM

Upgrading this week to

HTC Touch Pro
Stock 6.1 ROM or a 6.5 ROM if it solves this issue."

shemrad

Nov 20, 2008
Windows Vista and Windows 7 ActiveSync

Hi,

You may want to upgrade to the latest version of ActiveSync if you're using Windows XP, or WMDC for Windows Vista or Windows 7. I found a good link on the net, that explains how to do this:

http://capitalhead.com/articles/ena...synchronization-on-windows-7-x64-and-x86.aspx

There's also a link there on the site for Windows Server 2008 x64.

Good luck,
Mike

Hi, there,

Since i upgraded from t-mobile's original WM6.0 to WM6.1, my ActiveSync 4.5.0 (build 5096, Date Published: 2/13/2007) can no longer sync properly with a second PC for Outlook PIM (contacts and calendar), and gives the error message "ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop. Support code: 86000107). It has no problem with the first PC (whichever is sync'ed first), only when sync'ing with the second one.

i'm also sync'ing with an exchange server on both PCs, and no problem there. i've also tried to set up the exchange sync on the phone (as well as on each of the PCs initially), the local PIM sync problem still persists.

I've tried all versions of Dutty's 6.1 ROM and many radios. I'm currently on Dutty's 19199 Lite and NIKI Radio's 1.58.16.27 (seems to be the best combination for me, TomTom nearly as good as WM6.0 + good phone reception, although a bit power hungry and adding speed camera warning to the map noticeably slows TomTom 6.032 build 8351).

i suspect that this is not a problem to do with the cooked ROM or radio, but something to do with Microsoft - perhaps compatibility between WM6.1 and ActiveSync 4.5 that is not fully tested yet?

Is there anyone who has encountered a similar problem? I've tried all search, but no luck.

any fix would be appreciated.

DebbieNY13

May 14, 2008
New York
Desperate Measures...

If anyone finds that this problem is resolved in 6.5 PLEASE post here. :(

As you can see from my signature, this error has led me to a desparate decision. :mad:

Looking Glass

Jan 3, 2004
If anyone finds that this problem is resolved in 6.5 PLEASE post here. :(

As you can see from my signature, this error has led me to a desparate decision. :mad:

Your'e not alone man, I was thinking myself a rollback to whatever the WM version fixing this thing.
Unfortunately there is not a WM 6.0 for Blackstone!
BTW, IMHO things are just getting worse in WM since the peak times of 2003 SE,
for the sake of a fancy touch flo interface, we are loosing REAL FUNCTIONALITY.

DebbieNY13

May 14, 2008
New York
I've got Touch Flo running on 6.0 and all looks to be fine. I haven't been able to try to sync with 2 PCs yet, but hope to soon. My backlight is working like it's supposed to, so I'm hoping my sync problem is resolved. :::crossing all appendages!:::

TomParris

Nov 18, 2006
Carlsbad
86000107 solution?

My research has indicated that MS finally addressed this issue in AKU 1.2.6 that was sent out in March, however, UTC has not made it available to all phones for some stupid reason. I have been nagging Verizon and UTC but, surprise, they have not stepped up to the plate yet.

Does anyone know how to download a version of 6.1 with that build or higher?

Here are some MS links discussing the problem:

http://www.windowsmobiletraining.com/Connection/forums/t/1718.aspx?PageIndex=4

bravesparrow

Jan 11, 2008
thanks for following this up

I realy appreciate your help with researching this. I gave the Rapheal to my wife: it was no better than the Kaiser for the things I like to do, and the things I would like to be able to do again when I can sync to 2 computers as I used to prior to WM6.1. I have not reverted yet to WM6.0 as I have faith that AKU 1.2.6 will be released in a WM6.1 ROM for the Kaiser. I'll be waiting with baited breath.
Regards, david.

Kaiser/TYTNII
Stock WM6.1 ROM, Hutchinson 'three' Australia. (3.29.861.0)