[BUILD] [DISCONTINUED] [darkstone HD2Froyo V3] [kernel: darkstone]

Search This thread

crokdy

Apr 19, 2010
wow...

the Best build so far....only problems
youtube vid no playing...
and back of HD2 getting extremely hot...be careful.....everything else...very nice......

w4s

Oct 4, 2009
The kernel day is 23/7, not the latest one (25/7) which is better in power management.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App on HD2 running Android Froyo.

Shatterv2

Oct 13, 2009
Sitting on the HTC loading screen for about 10 minutes. Just sitting there. Any suggestions?

mr_billionaire

Aug 16, 2008
Finally! a vanilla Android Froyo build =D ive been waiting for this!

cant wait to test this right now.

EDIT: i will be seeding this.

Last edited:

veekay

May 15, 2008
Great speed so far and youtube is working even over data. Does get rather hot in the back as others have mentioned.

xfinrodx

Jul 26, 2010
Spokane
Call audio on the handset isn't working for me. I have the "robot sound" on both my end and the other end. Also attempted updating my W/Mo firmware build as suggested in the froyo build link, and found that the updater is either broken or my phone does not wish to accept the update.

Other than that, seems pretty sweet! Does a faster SDHC card significantly improve the performance?

gorelshv

Jan 1, 2008
Been testing it for a while and seems to be pretty stable without any problems besides what was listed. Froyo comes with hebrew support so major advantage for me.
Congratulations on a job well done, looking forward to future releases.
Also, many thanks goes to all developers who made this possible.

sea_man

Jun 8, 2006
BØGØtΔ▂ ▃ ▅
I have a bug?

Always i have this apps working , no matter if i kill it.. always reopen

com.google.adroid.inputmethod,latin
com.google.android.gsf
voice search
settings

And also the task killer say i have only134mb of ram available

This are normal ?

umtwademel

May 5, 2010
rootfs Problem

this works well except if you want to use it more than once. I am using the same ROM and radio that darkstone is using, however, when i boot up after the first time and thereafter, i keep getting an error saying that it can't find rootfs.... any fixes for this? thanks!

Shatterv2

Oct 13, 2009
I have a bug?

com.google.android.gsf
voice search
settings

This are normal ?

Yes. Those will persist. Android is not recognizing all of our RAM.

Question: Re formatted SDHC card Still stuck at the HTC screen for like 15 minutes.

Energy ROM CHT July 17th
2.10.50.28_2

Crash1983

Mar 19, 2007
Bluetooth is not working for me using Cotullas newest kernel. It is not scanning, as with dan's old v1 build.

Browser is slow.

Crash

brazcub

Oct 1, 2008
Winthrop, WA
I've been using this build on my HD2 for the last 30 minutes. It runs very smooth, much better than any other froyo builds I've used so far.

Keep up the good work.

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
I have a bug?

com.google.android.gsf
voice search
settings

This are normal ?

Yes that's normal. Task killer is reporting only 134 mb ram available because by default Android caches as much stuff as possible into memory. That just means "only" 134mb ram is free atm.. (the rest being used).

Seriously, people need to drop the "free ram is good" mindset carryover from WM 6.5... Android will automatically free up ram as needed! No need for stuff like Task Killer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, I'd like to let everyone know that I will no longer be updating my builds.

This is mainly due to the lack of time and that I have a lot of work for university to do.

I'd like to thank everyone who donated to me, I have sent an email to each and every one of you :)

I'd like to thank everyone who supported me throughout the last few months and I'd like to thank everyone at #htc-linux & #htc-linux-chat for their help and for being awsome! :D

Once again, many thanks!

Welcome to HD2Froyo!
    I've finally got down to updating this build, let's get down to business...

What the build looks like:
    Froyo-home-screen.jpg

Whats working:
    • Camera (5mpx) and video recorder (800x480 only)
    • Media playback with no skipping
    • FM Radio (with bluetooth support)
    • Light Sensor
    • G-Sensor
    • Bluetooth (headsets too)
    • + more

Readme:
    HTC Desire NON-SENSE build (HD2Froyo V3) (Based on DeFrost by richardtrip, source: http://github.com/richardtrip/) for HTC HD2 by darkstone on 26/10/2010:
    My goal is to make a build that is close to stock as possible, but also has everything working. I'm getting there :)

Everything should be working, should be fast. Very fast.

Changelog for V3:

Updated lib_htcril_wrapper & htcleo.acdb
    Some performance tweaks
    Dropped Passion base and changed to AOSP+Cyanogenmod build base
    Theme-less
    Uses PPP (sorry rmnet folk, rmnet doesn't appear to be functioning correctly in the EVO kernel)
    If you have issues with data/PPP, look here for support: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=794309

Updated kernel to latest EVO commit on 25/10/2010 from here: http://www.gitorious.com/linux-on-w...mmit/dbd408efab87c018ab9c2e35fee672a97446852c
    Kernel compiled by darkstone, no changes made to source, use the source above ^

Notes:

Make sure to reboot after first boot, apps needing root access won't work. Phone calls will have no audio. Make sure you reboot!
    This build can not be used to upgrade previous versions of HD2Froyo, you must start fresh. Use titanium backup to backup your current settings.
    Creates a 1GB data.img if there is no data.img present. I have included a clean 1GB data.img for a quick first boot.
    Don't worry about FB console not showing, that's normal

// Copy the Android and the media folder to the root of your SD card, run CLRCAD.EXE and haret.exe on your HD2 //

Kernel Tree: http://www.gitorious.com/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc
    If you want to update the kernel, I would recommend kernel builds by hastarin which has tweaks. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=787588

Just want to point out that the HTC Desire is closest in terms of hardware to our HD2, that's why I prefer cooking a Desire build and that's why I will always choose Desire based builds over EVO and Desire HD builds.

Thanks to everyone at #htc-linux and #htc-linux-chat !

Download:
    http://gamesquare.co.uk/froyo.html
    i have htc hd 2 rom V 1.664061 FRENCH RADIO V 2.065107 WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5

PLEASE I WANA GET ANDROID IN MY PHONE HTC HD2
    i test Cotulla_LEO_Android21_HW3D_BT_WLAN_DATA
    and darkstone_HD2Froyo_v1
    but he dosesn t work

help me please

Stop posting your same question in multiple threads! Read the suggested readings on the Sticky's and also read the XDA Forum Rules. The mods don't like it when you continue to break the rules. Now with that aside, we'd like to help you, but you also need to tell us what you've tried. Thanks and sorry to flame you a little.;)
    See this images help

Ok the images suck so here are my settings, assuming you have tmobile in the US:

NAME: T-Mobile US
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    PROXY: Blank
    PORT: Blank
    USERNAME: Blank
    PASSWORD: Blank
    SERVER: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS PROXY: 216.155.165.050
    MMS PORT: Blank
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    AUTH TYPE: Blank
    APN TYPE: default,supl,mms

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Nope. Doesn't work. Stays stuck at sending....
    This build is awesome. Far superior to the Desire build or the other Froyo builds. Stable and very snappy. Great work!

Last time I used V3 was December 2010. Since then I am now running WP7. I copied V3 to my 4Gb card, fired up my HD2 and waited for the OLD Darkstone V3 build to get stuck loading up Android.

It brazed through MAGLDR and V3 [Android Desire 2.2.1]is now updating all my apps from December 2010.

Is Darkstone not one of the greatest?