FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th August 2012, 01:46 AM |#41  
Flag Truckee, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just recently bought my Samsung Epic 4G Touch. Works great with CM9. I probably wouldn't upgrade my phone anytime soon.

Given my satisfaction with Samsung devices, I'm tempted to get a Galaxy Tab. The ASUS Transformer line of tablet/netbook combos is also quite appealing (I like having the option of a keyboard, and if I recall right the newer ones have quad-core CPUs, which is awesome for a mobile device).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

26th August 2012, 04:12 AM |#42  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 9

More
:)
Please help me chose between the Htc one X and Samsung galaxy S3
26th August 2012, 07:30 AM |#43  
Flag Truckee, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockler

I vote the S3, mainly because I've had excellent experiences with Samsung devices (both Android and non-Android). They tend to be quite reliable for me, and they perform well.

Sent from my SPH-D710
The Following User Says Thank You to YellowApple For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YellowApple Ad-Free
26th August 2012, 10:44 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone help
Xperia U

Xperia mini Pro

HTC Desire C

Pls need fast answer ^^ THX
26th August 2012, 12:04 PM |#45  
Flag Groningen, the Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCarter93

Have you got your heart set on the S2 Plus, or are you still looking at other phones as possible choices aswell?

Velcro. What a rip off!

I'm quite sure this will be my new one, because of the specs/price. A phone with a better "ratio" probably won't be released in the near future, I guess.

Currently playing with my Ace S5830 running Cyanogen 7.2 Stable
26th August 2012, 12:10 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well im actualy stuck weather to wait for the price of a nexus to come down or buy the galaxy s3
26th August 2012, 01:00 PM |#47  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockler

Even they're both really great phones, I suggest getting the S3 because it's got a replaceable battery, whereas the One X battery is internal. The S3 has got more storage space for all the high end games which run slightly better than the One X.
And even though the One X feels a bit smoother overall, the performance power of the S3, aswell as what's mentioned above, makes it a definite choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulk21

Xperia U

Xperia mini Pro

HTC Desire C

Pls need fast answer ^^ THX

Definitely the Xperia U.
The HTC Desire C is too outdated to be able to keep up with the technology that phones need these days.
The Xperia Mini Pro has got a slick UI and ok performance but nothing too special about it. The tiny screen makes it difficult to view desktop sites aswell, but I did love the keyboard on it when I got one. It just made texting away so much easier. Battery life is terrible though.
The Xperia U has got a better processor than the other 2 devices, it's got a couple of brilliant devs working with it to improve it further. With average use, it will last you through the day comfortably. The only real downside to the U is that there's no SD card slot, so you have to make do with the internal storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebotingleg

Well im actualy stuck weather to wait for the price of a nexus to come down or buy the galaxy s3

Which nexus do you mean? You talking about the Nexus 7? If so, it's already at a great price for it. The S3 will set you back even more.

Velcro. What a rip off!
26th August 2012, 02:30 PM |#48  
Rome,Italy
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi! I'm italian . I want buy a new smartphone but i am confused :S Can anyone help me ?
Looking on internet i have seen that the best smartphones ( that i can buy ) are :
Motorola Razr Xt910
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Htc Sensation XE ( i love it *_* )
Iphone 4
Nokia Lumia 800
Htc Titan
Huawei Hounour
I can spend 320 euro so help me to decide !
I want a smartphone who has no bugs, beatiful and amazing camera , smooth and a powerful processor to do all with no problems , big battery life , fairly updated...(i don't search a smartphone for game )... Help me thank u!
I had a Nexus S so i want change with a other device :3
P.S = I don't like Sony's Smartphone and Galaxy Sii .
26th August 2012, 03:32 PM |#49  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Galaxy S3 or E4GT?

E4GT is cheaper and ppl say almost the same as S3 to just wait for S4

S3 is the S3

I'm on a prepaid network so I will pay retail price for the phone.

Opinion?
26th August 2012, 05:57 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Can someone please suggest me a few dual-core android based phones? I was away for some time and so I was not able to keep up with the new releases and with the price drops of the old ones.
I'll be using it outside US so it should be SIM unlocked so that I can put any GSM SIM.
Can be a World phone or GSM only phone.
I can consider buying used or refurb phone.
Should have good dev support.
Budget is $150-$230

Considered Motorola Photon 4g. What are my other options? Anything HTC?

Thanks
26th August 2012, 07:33 PM |#51  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1998

Hi! I'm italian . I want buy a new smartphone but i am confused :S Can anyone help me ?
Looking on internet i have seen that the best smartphones ( that i can buy ) are :
Motorola Razr Xt910
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Htc Sensation XE ( i love it *_* )
Iphone 4
Nokia Lumia 800
Htc Titan
Huawei Hounour
I can spend 320 euro so help me to decide !
I want a smartphone who has no bugs, beatiful and amazing camera , smooth and a powerful processor to do all with no problems , big battery life , fairly updated...(i don't search a smartphone for game )... Help me thank u!
I had a Nexus S so i want change with a other device :3
P.S = I don't like Sony's Smartphone and Galaxy Sii .

The best 2 out of those, for you, are the Motorola Razr Xt910 and the HTC Sensation XE because they have exactly what you asked you.
But, out of those 2, I'd suggest the HTC because it has dual core 1.5 processor but the Razr is slightly lower at dual core 1.2. Plus HTC is smoother for general use aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljean

Galaxy S3 or E4GT?

E4GT is cheaper and ppl say almost the same as S3 to just wait for S4

S3 is the S3

I'm on a prepaid network so I will pay retail price for the phone.

Opinion?

Both phones can perform pretty much any task with no trouble whatsoever but the S3 does it all so much easier without pushing the processors too hard.
I'd say only go for the S3 if you play heavy duty games on your phone or get extremely heavy use of your phone.
If you don't do the 2 things mentioned above, then get the E4GT because it'll easily be able to handle any other functions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborg

Can someone please suggest me a few dual-core android based phones? I was away for some time and so I was not able to keep up with the new releases and with the price drops of the old ones.
I'll be using it outside US so it should be SIM unlocked so that I can put any GSM SIM.
Can be a World phone or GSM only phone.
I can consider buying used or refurb phone.
Should have good dev support.
Budget is $150-$230

Considered Motorola Photon 4g. What are my other options? Anything HTC?

Thanks

There's the LG Optimus 2x, HTC Sensation, Xperia U.
If you like the idea of having a HTC, then the sensation is a good choice. 8MP camera, dual core 1.2 scorpion processor, up to 32gb expandable memory and loads of dev support.
Xperia U is always a good choice aswell. It's specs don't quite match up to the sensation, but still a good little phone.

Velcro. What a rip off!
The Following User Says Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidCarter93 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)