add back battery icon customization the new way
several fixes for sprint network apns
a lot small fixes again

have fun test and report back please

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
hey guys,

new build is up.

Due that now longer we had no update their are really to much changes to write them all down lol. A lot features went back were partly redefined like navbar and navring....etc etc

Just discover it :)

Official binaries are included now.....please do a backup and then a CLEAN FLASH!! IT IS ABSOLUTLY NEEDED!!!!!. Otherwise you will get problems :)

thanks and have fun and report back

Hi Kufikugel,

Well, things seem to move really fast forward :) Even for the Tilapia, which goes unsupported for a lot of other ROM's :)
Can I assume that I can now customize the NavBar and NavRing ?
What about the StatusBar ?

Those 3 are the most important to me, so if I can customize them, I will give this build a try...

ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION THOUGH : after installing the first Alpha on my Grouper, I was unable to go back to a previous version. A Slim team member said it was a recognized bug. Does that bug also affect the Tilapia ? Or will I be able to downgrade, if needed, without a problem ?

Thanks.

Sengir

Apr 29, 2012
Italy
downloading new build..hope gps and rotation are fixed with the binaries included..Thank you so much for this awesome ROM!

EDIT: rotation works,have to try GPS

Last edited:
Hi,

Did something stupid : I flashed the wrong GApps :(

So, everything crashes on boot. And reinstalling the good ones does not fix things :(

Will restore the BU and reinstall the 4.4 Alpha 2 and re install the proper GApps hoping that will do :)

NavBar and NavRing are apparently working good.

Cheers.

android88

Jan 21, 2012
Hi,

Did something stupid : I flashed the wrong GApps :(

So, everything crashes on boot. And reinstalling the good ones does not fix things :(

Will restore the BU and reinstall the 4.4 Alpha 2 and re install the proper GApps hoping that will do :)

NavBar and NavRing are apparently working good.

Cheers.

format system and reflash and it should stop crashing after flashing the correct gapps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

psafx

Sep 9, 2008
how about ART? i try to change it in developer options but don't work, stuck at slimkat logo. have to factory reset to get back to dalvik.

doiutzu

Dec 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11
The battery life is great with this build. The best since 4.4 upgrade.

1384694771427.jpg
View attachment 2397429

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
so and new build is up....changes:

- global power menu in settings (check it out....a new slim unique feature I just programmed yesterday to our liking)
- media scanner behaviour (as well a slim unique ported over feature)
- turn off camera shutter sound
- possibility to turn of wifi thether over notification
- improve scrolling cache
- speed up statusbar
- don't wackup when device is plugged on charger
- tons of fixes we had in 4.3 we ported over into 4.4 which google still missed
- settings got a lot love....maybe not directly noticable...but a lot changed there
as reference see: https://github.com/SlimRoms/packages_apps_Settings/commit/f4de69495b2309bc2b748a5d6a66a7211b4b8379
- major system core updates
- and a lot minor stuff and for sure here and there I missed a commit/feature to mention...to much is changing at the moment lol
- aaaah and our themer as well did again same UI tweaks to get google UI finished like they thought it

aaaaand new gapps are as well up.

have fun report back and cheers

PS and next build will be with kernel source due that google today published the kernels...then we can go on with USB OTG

Hi Kufikugel,

I love Slim and I love you !

Not only is your ROM about one of the best I know (and I tried pretty much everything available on XDA... and not only on my Tilapia but also on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 Grouper), IT IS ALSO almost the only one that I can install on all my devices and thus have the same features on all of them... which is handy to configure :)

SO : long live Slim and all the developers involved !

So far, I did not install 4.4 as it was in too early development. Now I've installed on the grouper and think it's mature enough for my "production" devices and will so install it :)

Regards.

Reactions: kufikugel

emilispk

Jun 16, 2011
SMS

The rom is great, one of the best so far(4.4), but I cant get the messaging app to work, tried to set it's permissions, add administration to it etc..
I just need sms :c

emilispk

Jun 16, 2011
More info

Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-20-20-30-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-20-20-30-58.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot_2013-11-20-20-30-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-20-20-30-35.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2013-11-20-20-30-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-20-20-30-40.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

emilispk

Jun 16, 2011
Tried

and you cannot enable it with pressing the first settings entry?

if not try pleas as well in settings->more->default sms package if you can chose it there
Tried to press it multiple times, sometimes the android permission manager gave me an allert that I need to enable the sms app,and when I did, it didn't do anything :D
P.S:I didn't find the more section, you sure it's there?

emilispk

Jun 16, 2011
This

I think this is preventing me from running any massaging apps :c

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-21-01-54-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-21-01-54-54.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms Tilapia, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    dexter93, Tylog, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-02
    Last Updated 2015-01-01
    Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)
    guys new build is up

advanced Auto brightness configuration
    start music player when head set is connected
    add back full blacklist support
    add back increasing ring feature
    add back call stats features
    add back multiline notification for missed call
    add back in call vibration
    add back browser history page
    add back advanced low battery indicator
    add back notification shortcut feature
    add back battery icon customization the new way
    several fixes for sprint network apns
    a lot small fixes again

have fun test and report back please
    new version is up guys

with mms fix

Fixes new version:
    - added dalvik optimizations....so speed up step one :p
    - reworked and adapted status bar clock and date customization to 4.4
    - added some of our camera features (smart captchure, jpg quality, color filter, gps indicator)
    - reworked the complete camera to the new google style. Google stoped it after they finished the photo camera interface lol. So all into new PIE style + some fixes + more consistent now
    - added a bunch of Mms/SMS fixes
    - activated on supported devices lockscreen transparency on nav and statusbar
    - some stability fixes
    - fixed some google 4.4 code derps
    - a lot small stuff

have fun and cheers

PS. the camera features for tilapia of course you cannot use right now :p
    hey guys,

new build is up.

Due that now longer we had no update their are really to much changes to write them all down lol. A lot features went back were partly redefined like navbar and navring....etc etc

Just discover it :)

Official binaries are included now.....please do a backup and then a CLEAN FLASH!! IT IS ABSOLUTLY NEEDED!!!!!. Otherwise you will get problems :)

thanks and have fun and report back