Spirit1, Spirit2 Real FM Radio General Thread

7,827 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,164

By mikereidis, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st May 2011, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th May 2011, 09:12 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks a lot for your work and updates on the app!

I also would love to see this working with the BT stack on the Gingerbread releases of MIUI... bit weird that they dropped FM-Radio support while they brought it to CM7!

You rock, keep on rollin'

9th May 2011, 09:43 PM |#102  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0epkip

bit weird that they dropped FM-Radio support while they brought it to CM7!

Yes, I don't understand this. Did they switch from the Bluez BT stack to a proprietary one from Broadcom or TI ?

Can you tell if the phone runs hciattach daemon or btld or btipsd ? Hmm, I just checked the 'ps' output on my Desire HD w/ CM7 and don't see hciattach. Perhaps it's brcm_patchram_plus ... I've hardly looked at the system stuff in the 12 days I've had my DHD,.
9th May 2011, 10:32 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

CR5N and avalst :
>Hi, tried this on HD2 running Tytung2.7 GB2.3.4. If I put in a frequency for a known strong transmission, I see signal bars but no audio from headset or speaker.
>I'm having the same issue on my EVO no sound on any station I've tried.

Yes, I think you are close, but you've run into the dreaded "audio routing" issue. Do you have "adb shell" on a PC ? Here are some things you can try if so. If not, perhaps a terminal emulator for the phone, just remove "adb shell" from these commands:

adb shell "echo fm_headset > /sys/class/htc_accessory/fm/flag"

adb shell "echo fm_speaker > /sys/class/htc_accessory/fm/flag"

If that fails, you can try this:

adb shell "touch /sdcard/fm_su"

But then you have to have a SuperUser.apk or similar installed, and when it requests su access you have to respond in the affirmative. All it does is a chmod on /dev/msm_snd so it can use an "ioctl" to route audio,

Hi Mike, thanks for the suggestions. Tried both methods and granted su permission when requested but still no audio. I can see the signal strength change as i move my headset wire around so it is doing something! Will watch this thread for updates.

Edit: this was the fm1 file info.

< HCI Command: ogf 0x3f, ocf 0x0015, plen 3
13 01 01
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 7
01 15 FC 00 13 01 00
10th May 2011, 01:34 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi there,
This could be a very nice app when its finished. Even now is very usable. It works fine on my Nexus One with CM 6.1.1.
The main thing that's keeping me from using it over the CM one, is the processing power that needs.
When I use it, the CPU is constantly at 30-40%. This is a no go for me. But I will keep on checking, cause I like the potential...

Nexus send it ...
10th May 2011, 02:05 AM |#105  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5N

Hi Mike, thanks for the suggestions. Tried both methods and granted su permission when requested but still no audio. I can see the signal strength change as i move my headset wire around so it is doing something! Will watch this thread for updates.

OK, I'll see what I can find out...

If you had a working FM app (like stock) on that ROM, you'd likely be able to run my app and that app at the same time and the other app would enable the FM audio path.
10th May 2011, 02:07 AM |#106  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo10

Hi there,
This could be a very nice app when its finished. Even now is very usable. It works fine on my Nexus One with CM 6.1.1.
The main thing that's keeping me from using it over the CM one, is the processing power that needs.
When I use it, the CPU is constantly at 30-40%. This is a no go for me. But I will keep on checking, cause I like the potential...

Nexus send it ...

OK, have you ever tried v2.0.7 or earlier ? Those versions don't support RDS on Broadcom and may reduce your CPU usage. See this for download links for earlier versions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=74

Beyond that I'm not sure what your high CPU usage is due to. Perhaps a ton of log messages or some other bug ?
10th May 2011, 03:30 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I hope it works on Xoom and Droid X soon.
10th May 2011, 03:51 AM |#108  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Tried the app on my DHD using the latest version of MIUI and the radio doesn't seem to work....

Does this work with MIUI?
Anyone else having problems?
10th May 2011, 06:07 AM |#109  
Android Hell
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpurohit

Not working on my lg optimus one flashed with cm7..neither is shows signal strength...hats off to the innovative idea.will wait till it gets more stable & polished &

It works on my lg optimus one with cm7. Version beta 6.4.2 gingerbread 2.3.4. The sound is crystal clear with headset and weak signal without headset. The interesting thing which I have found is I get moderate signal with a piece of 24inch simple wire with the naked end just near the headset plug without any contact.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App
10th May 2011, 07:44 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
is Gingerbird 2.3.4 stable on lgo1.I have 2.3.3
probably app not working on it may be the reason
10th May 2011, 07:57 AM |#111  
Android Hell
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpurohit