[ROM][EXCELLENT BATTERY LIFE] ★★★ -=RESURRECTION=- v2.0 ★★★ [A ROM YOU WILL LOVE]

Search This thread

Marius Cristian

May 10, 2011
Well man,still using this ROM since...i don t even remember.All I can say is "this is stable" ! Of course,I didn t overclocked,didn't used any a2sd script or link2sd apps,tried to charge it as much as i could to 100% etc...This rom is great because it doesn't have any features included like beats/a2sd scripts/gaming engine/ported UI/extremely modified system files...
The play store,scrolling in contacts/Call log and overall scrolling are very smooth.Also the kernel is awesome because the 100% cpu bug if u keep ur finger constantly on the screen is very less noticeable.Camera is awesome,no lines on it like in CM7 roms or oxygen.
Now I'll try to overclock a little,maybe the phone will be faster...I hope to not face any bugs/FC/errors/etc.
That's all....and @TheAndroidGeek if you can update...I don't even know what to suggest you to improve... ^^ maybe reduce the lag in messaging somehow(but there s no rom with smooth messaging for o1...nor even the top phones deal with this problem better,because if you open the app and instantly scroll .. it will lag.It's true that less noticeable...but still).Also you could try to make the browser work faster on 3g connection.On wi-fi I have no complains.The online video can be played so damn well in BsPlayer...One more thing...I would love to use the animations on this ROM,unfortunately,the UI lags a lot with animations On.Maybe I'll try to find that spare parts program and modify the annimation speed so it will get better...who knows :p And the final thing,if you can improve the battery life by reducing or completely removing the wakelocks it would be just great...sometimes this Rom has awesome battery backup...sometiems you look and you can t belive that the battery is running out so fast.
Thanks,that s all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vignesh_tnj

Marius Cristian

May 10, 2011
Few tips:
1)If you got any issues with superuser/root acces go to recovery,wipe cache and select install superuser and ... it s under development menu if i remember well;
2)Install spare parts+ (no ads) version from play store and select windows animation to fast.Normally,on other roms this options is not very good because the UI moves too fast,but on this rom is perfect.Transition animations - off ( i couldn t find a combo for transition animation to be perfectly smooth and look good).
3)Many laucher lags on this ROM.However Smart launcher (pro) and MiHome 1.5.0(in launcher settings,disable miui locker) works perfect! (no launcher is lagfree with live wallpapers)
4)And as i said in previous post don t install any scripts,keep a limit of apps moved to sd and don t overclock too much or not at all :)

holla69

Dec 8, 2010
Very good custom ROM based on stock for daily use.

I'm tired of custom crazy roms. I thought 4.04 was stable enough with icssnap but yesterday it made my phone crazy and each time i reebooted lost everything and had tons of fc.

Will try yours. And it will be my last try before going back to original

manishbaroda

Jan 21, 2014
Coming from Kitkat

Hi,

I have installed CM12 kitkat on my LG P500. I can't flash this now. Error in formatting says arguments expected 5 used 2.

p.s. - can't install any other ROM as well.

Re: I have installed CM12 kitkat on my LG P500. I can't flash this now.

Hi,

I have installed CM12 kitkat on my LG P500. I can't flash this now. Error in formatting says arguments expected 5 used 2.

Synthetic answer:

I have the same problem, it might depend on the version of the ClockWorkMod ROM Manager.
I have CWM 6.0.4.6, how do I downgrade it to a previous version compatible with this ROM, without messing up?

Less synthetic answer:

I have the same problem, I dare say that it depends on the version of the ClockWorkMod ROM Manager.

Somewhere I read that it depends on the first lines of the updater script, but I don't want to dig into that matter, I wish the authors of the ROM manager could have maintained backward compatibility with older ROMs, I guess they had reasons not to.

Here's my short newbie career with ROMs, see if we have something in common:
Stock ROM: Android 2.2.
I rooted with Gingerbreak, then installed ClockWorkMod ROM Manager version 5.5.3.7 from Google Play.
With it, I could successfully install this ROM.

Later, in order to try this other ROM, I downloaded the recommended CWM version for it from this page and placed it as update.zip in the SDcard, then launched the update menu item of CWM, which succeeded.
CWM version 6.0.4.6 could successfully install that ROM, which had problems.

I restored from a backup the stock ROM with Android 2.2.

Now how do I downgrade CWM to a previous version compatible with the ROM presented in this thread, without messing up? I think this one should be the ideal ROM for what I need to do with this LG P500.

I can't find precise information on how to do it, I don't know if I'm supposed to go the update.zip way or reinstall CWM from Google Play and launch it.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've used the CWM app from Google Play, it detected 6.0.4.6 installed and said "latest version available 5.5.3.7", it successfully installed 5.5.3.7 (EDIT: nope, it's 5.0.2.0 what see installed), and it was able to successfully install this ROM (2.0 downloaded on the first page of this thread), here are the recommended instructions from post #69 in this thread (page 7 for me):

wipe data/factory reset...wipe dalvik cache (do not wipe cache partition again as it gets wiped when wiping data) format /system...flash :)

After booting I got errors about The application Settings not responding or unexpectedly closing, rebooted into recovery and issued factory reset, same errors, rebooting into recovery and issued factory reset + fix permissions, same errors, I'll put in a SIM and redo the same factory reset + fix permissions again and see if I get the same errors, also I'll have to go through more pages (I only arrived to page 15 of this thread), must leave the PC in a hurry right now.

Last edited:
My phone is crashing after installing this rom...it is showing settings not responding..did all the steps properly...what should i do ?

Sent from my P500 using xda premium

This was post #251 of this thread (page 26 for me), it's the same problem I've met (I'm still reading further).

EDIT: formatted SD card with ROM manager, wipe data factory reset, reboot, the problem persists:
"The application Settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and the "Force close" button.
(
I read something on the web, I chose ext size 512 MB (for what I need to do with this old LG P500, I won't install many apps), and I chose swap 256 (although the web page I was reading recommended 64-128 MB, I chose the largest option thinking that in Linux boxes - Android came from some Linux flavor - the swap normally matches or doubles the RAM size).

Out of curiosity, after partitioning, I put the card into a card reader connected to my Linux box. Nautilus showed the ext partition as ext4, while in the terminal window (mount command in bash) it appeared as ext3.
)

Worth mentioning:

• With the lock screen on, I see the nice wallpaper, the clock, everything works fine, I can switch to vibration mode, I can even type "Emergency call" and get to the phone dial pad.
  • When I unlock the screen and the wallpaper disappears, apart from that error about the Settings app, I only see the status bar + black background.
I'm reading on the web that that error message was a plague for Android 2.2 phones owners. My stock ROM was Android 2.2 and I never ever got it. I can't get rid of it on this ROM, and I can't do anything after boot, apparently, entering some menu, nothing.

Somebody relates the error with the monitoring of the battery status. Wipe battery stats didn't solve it (fixing permissions either, I had already mentioned it above).

So, for now (a real pity :( ), I'm giving up with this version of this ROM and going to try the other published version of it, 1.7.6, and in case of troubles my next try will probably be CM7. I'm always precisely following the instructions I find with any ROM I try but there might be something tricky here and I might need to wipe something more not mentioned in any instructions.

EDIT 2:

• Version 1.7.6 of this ROM gave me the same error.
    So now, off-topic:
  • I tried again this other CM7 ROM, Android 2.3.7, the stable version, it works fine apparently but the APK I most need to install on it is the only one which doesn't get installed, I thought that it might need a later Android version than it declares (2.3 or later), so...
  • ... I tried again this other CM10 ROM, Android 4.1.2 (switches on when plugging charger), same problem with that APK so I guess the problem is on the APK, I'll search what log file I should look into. I installed these gapps light on it, but I can't sign into Google yet, apparently the modem-router I've been given by my current ISP now reboots each time I try to connect this phone to the Internet (it had happens with other CM ROMs too), I passed through my own wifi router connected to the provider's one, can't sign in yet... can't check the connection with the web browser as it crashes, pinging from the terminal app also causes the ISP's modem router to reboot (I wonder what these ROMs send to the modem router :eek: ).
  • I went back to CM7, Android 2.3.7, but this time the most recent of the nightly builds cm-7-20130301-NIGHTLY-p500.zip, very nice, I'm passing through my modem router (otherwise the ISP one apparently reboots) and the web browser works fine. That APK won't install, I'll research about that and/or search for appropiate gapps (maybe here) and see if I can sign in and get that app with the Google Play app.

Each time I've been following the instructions I mentioned above, with ROM manager:
  • wipe data factory reset
  • advanced | wipe dalvik cache
  • mounts and storage | format /system
  • install zip from sdcard
  • wipe data factory reset
  • reboot system
Well, I might stop reporting, here (where as I said I'm clearly off-topic now) or anywhere else, unless I really find out something that I believe can be worth sharing. (I might also decide to give up with this LG P500 because finding extra information on such old stuff is apparently a time consuming goal, which is understandable, most persons in these old threads have probably switched to another e-mail address or to other interests and might have forgotten the details of this stuff... So I might end up restoring the stock ROM Android 2.2 and use this phone - as before - for one of the two tasks I need to get done, and buy another phone for the other task [in conjunction with my current one with stock Lollipop]).

Last edited:

Comensal

Aug 10, 2016
Which version of TWRP is compatible with v2? I tried to install with no success with TWRP 2.7.0.0 and 2.8.0.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Power menu and NO ICS theme!

Hi everyone.
    After searching and searching (I'd seen it a few months ago, just didn't remember where), I finally found what I and others are searching. It's a Power Menu (Reboot and Recovery) based on the v_20_g and with no theme. The only exception is the battery icon which now is circular with percentage on the center.
    I believe this precisely what others are searching for this ROM!
    All credits of this menu goes to PaoloM70!
    Enjoy it!
    * All apps which can be download from Google Play Store (Android Market):
    * Gmail
    * Maps
    * youtube
    * thinkdroid.apk
    * talk
    * street view

You cant get the lg Thinkfree office app from the market, the one that comes with stock Rom is both viewer and editor and is locked to Optimus p500s.

Here is the most recent version taken directly from the 2.3 stock rom.
    Dhruv you are best. You have given us 11 ROMS. :p:p:p:pCan you believe is 11 ROM. :confused::confused::confused::confused: MY goodness....:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    try it now.. will tell more about battery (fast dormancy wake locks) tomorrow ...

edit: notification-bar symbols are ugly in this stock-rom (gps and wifi buttons look blurry)...

Edit 2: FD bug is still here.. phone doesnt sleep... checked with better battery stats.. fd-tracker has lots of wake locks
    Oh no..... :(((((((((((((( There is no russian language? ((((