[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

I don't know

Dec 18, 2012
Kraków/Cracow
Hi @Mustaavalkosta,
I have a big bug.... I installed latest version and I don't have a desktop. Any dock,wallpaper etc I did full wipe before installing... :crying: I don't know what is wrong. i don't have gapps but I installed after ROM. Desktop returned but I must install other launcher via recovery :(

Last edited:

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
My XDA app is playing up so I can't quote I don't know, but did you install gapps after flashing the ROM in recovery.

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
I've seen that the latest rom looks more proper, it has all the icons needed to look like proper :p

hopefully it does more than it's looks ;)

EDIT: Menu softkey and settings does go you to settings now, I'm happy it works :D

Last edited:

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
@Mustaavalkosta:

I'm still not getting any ringtone. Recent logcat on this post. I've tried with a MP3 insteado of a OGG to see if the problem was there, it wasn't. Things that i found weird:

Code:
D/AwesomePlayer( 1457): Before reset_l
D/AwesomePlayer( 1457): printFileName fd(21) -> /storage/sdcard0/Music/2011 Remaster/1-1 16 We Will Rock You.mp3
E/AwesomePlayer( 1457): LPAPlayer::Clip duration setting of less than 30sec not supported, defaulting to 60sec

This also happend with a default .ogg so it's not related to the length of the ringtone, i think.

Code:
I/MediaFocusControl( 1853):  AudioFocus  requestAudioFocus() [B][COLOR="Red"]from[/COLOR][/B] AudioFocus_For_Phone_Ring_And_Calls

Who and why ?

Code:
D/AudioTrack( 1457): latency() mLatency = 162, newLatency = 162

This was everywhere. cat logcat.txt | grep D/AudioTrack( 1457): latency() mLatency = 162, newLatency = 162 | wc -l will return 75% of the phonecall's logcat. Can this message be removed?

http://pastebin.com/3srFVGt5

Reactions: Mustaavalkosta

WordsworthESP

Jul 23, 2012
Macon
Flash+camera works fine for me so I suppose it's still this same issue that has been there for a long time already and most have fixed it with a new battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD
Re: device shutoff upon camera flash, typically under 50% battery.

I witnessed this happen recently on an iPhone, actually. I suppose this is the reason battery saving features disable flash, I just don't know enough to explain why it common multiple platforms.

Sent from my Inspire 4G w/CM10.1

Last edited:

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
I did clean flash the latest rom with gapps core(only google play) but I've got no ringtone either, but apart that it feels quite faster than previous builds and much more smoother IMHO

Re: device shutoff upon camera flash, typically under 50% battery.

I witnessed this happen recently on an iPhone, actually. I suppose this is the reason battery saving features disable flash, I just know enough to explain why it common multiple platforms.

Sent from my Inspire 4G w/CM10.1

That might be just a problematic battery, did this happening every time or just random times. I mean can you reproduce it? if yes what level of battery do you have(or it doesn't matter) and what exactly are you doing ..just taking a simple picture with stock camera at night with flash on? also usually when something crashes you are experiencing hot reboot rather than shutdown. So your phone just turns off completely?

to fix screenshots and recents menu apply this

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/53162/

It's good to see devs exchanging knowledge to help each other, good job :)

Last edited:

Haschas

Nov 24, 2008
Kaunas
Ringtone works, when it wants, yesterday when I was with headphones it worked, today after using headphones it worked too.
Also when I'm listening to music and press power button to turn of screen music starts gliching..
And don't know if anyone gets that, but black screen is also on facebook groups pages.

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
Ringtone works, when it wants, yesterday when I was with headphones it worked, today after using headphones it worked too.
Also when I'm listening to music and press power button to turn of screen music starts gliching..
And don't know if anyone gets that, but black screen is also on facebook groups pages.

Black screen is in many apps, if this is solved it will be solved in any app I believe. If the ringtone works as expected(including custom ringtones), sms for sending/receiving and camera for photos/videos then nothing can stop me from using it daily(even if I experience again a huge battery drain such as in previous builds)

morph73

Feb 4, 2012
Bangalore

For the portion where music glitches while turning off the screen try and disable screen lock sound.
It has worked for me on RB's build, might work for you too.

Reactions: Haschas

Z_0r10n1S

Nov 1, 2012
Before you install anything, go to settings, super user, update binary...

Excuse me, but where is "update binary" in settings--->superuser?? I don't see it. To updating binary I have to install superuser app from market and doing there (but it doesn't work properly neither there for me).
This is only for my curiosity cause for me superuser works fine allowing all requests even without updating binaries.

Last nightly is something awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 Kitkat Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 and 10.1 nightlies. Builds are generated automatically on every first Saturday of the month. Process starts around 10:30 PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.7
    • Branch: cm-11.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: spade_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button at the bottom of the page)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
    Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    A: Update your recovery to one that is compatible with new recovery functions. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM11.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: M12
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-15

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3662#bugReporter

Download mirror content:
    • extras (various tools for specific situations)
      • dexopt-data-only-signed.zip (moves system app dalvik cache to data partition, #1)
      • format_devlog-signed.zip (formats /devlog partition, #1)
      • lowram-signed.zip (turns on low ram system property, #1)
      • QuickSearchBox-installer-signed.zip (installs AOSP search app, #1)
    • nightlies (a directory for nightly builds)
    • plus (a directory for plus builds, #1)
    • releases (a directory for release builds)
    Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :p

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-3.0/commits/cm-11.0-wip
    https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy/commit/16ff8a6a2e3559bed6117239e645498a8d0d3692
    Now I'm off to bed. Workday tomorrow and damn it's 1:30 AM already. Please, don't cause thermonuclear wars while I sleep. kthxbye
    Proximity Recalibrator

So, I was hit by sudden inspiration to rework leppie's proximity recalibrator app to be a bit more up to the UI standards these days. While I was at it I refactored most of the code to be more readable, fixed some misc things etc. etc. and of course probably broke something so dead unicorns ahead once again. I will include this tool in the next nightly build as I see it as an extension to device settings so it's kind of natural part of the rom. If you want to hate me for adding 18kb of useless software you don't use, you are free to do so. I love you too.

I removed the old-looking zoom in/out widgets and just limited the seekbars between values 0 and 50. I haven't heard anyone going above 50 so max value 255 is a bit overkill. This way seekbar is actually usable.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Github: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android_packages_apps_ProximityRecalibrator

Also pic because otherwise it didn't happen:
    gQ6y7ys.png