[Q] Phone does not see any wi-fi networks

Search This thread

ACardAttack

Aug 10, 2013
I have done nothing to my phone recently (that I am aware of), but it no longer sees new wireless networks.

It will connect to saved wireless networks automatically, but that is it. If its a location like Lowes that needs me to sign in (that I have signed into before and is saved), I will get a notification that there are wireless networks available, but there is nothing to connect to in the list of wifi networks, all networks say "not in range" even though they are.

I downloaded "wifi manager" app and it detects them and displays them and allows me to connect to any network. So what is going on? I don't want to have to use an app to manage this.

I'm on 4.3, rooted

I've seen suggestions about reloading wifi drivers, but not sure how. I saw dial *#*#526#*#* but that doesnt work for me, it dials an actual number

megamanDJ

Jan 21, 2014
New Orleans
I have done nothing to my phone recently (that I am aware of), but it no longer sees new wireless networks.

It will connect to saved wireless networks automatically, but that is it. If its a location like Lowes that needs me to sign in (that I have signed into before and is saved), I will get a notification that there are wireless networks available, but there is nothing to connect to in the list of wifi networks, all networks say "not in range" even though they are.

I downloaded "wifi manager" app and it detects them and displays them and allows me to connect to any network. So what is going on? I don't want to have to use an app to manage this.

I'm on 4.3, rooted

I've seen suggestions about reloading wifi drivers, but not sure how. I saw dial *#*#526#*#* but that doesnt work for me, it dials an actual number

This may or may not work. You may have maxed out your saved wifi location list. Your phone will still detect them but they won't appear in the list. That's why the app can see them. Try to delete (forget) a couple of saved wifis and see if anything changes. You can always add them back if that doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

It's not a driver issue if you are actually able to connect to a network so I wouldn't try to mess with them.