[kernel][froyo] I9000 reoriented v2.3.5 03.21.2011 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rrieter

Dec 17, 2010
I will test also. I have uber amounts of down time at work. I am a welding inspector.
Also have my handy dandy notebook...scratch that...handy dandy jig on case something goes wrong!!lol
XDA presents....Captivate S4G
You must have kids, or you're just a big Dora the Explorer fan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

alkiter

Jul 26, 2010
Florida
I have also flashed this kernel to Serendipity 6.4 for the same reason - usb audio through the car-dock. I used the Kernel Flasher that came with Serendipity rather than CWM. But I also am seeing increased battery use on the order of 4-5% / hour with no use.

For what its worth...I flashed the non-BLN version as I do not use that feature.

Same problem, plus doesn't charge in car dock. Gets very hot and battery runs down.

majinzen

Jul 25, 2010
Alright, I've been doing some reading and seem to have found a viable culprit to the battery drain issue. Seems there is some wifi bug that keeps the phone from going to sleep when you set the wifi policy to "when screen turns off". At least that's seems to be the case with me. According to Spareparts, my phone is never going to sleep (even with the screen off) and it kills my battery (5-8% per hour). Supposedly, changing the policy to "never" fixes that but I hate having wifi on all the time and scanning every 5 secs. So I have it set to "never" but then I'm using a 3rd party app to override it and turn off wifi after the screen turns off. The app I use is Green Battery but there are others that do the same thing. So far, it seems to be working. If your having major drain while idle, install Spareparts and see if your phone running time is an abnormally high %. If so I suggest this solution. It has worked for me so far.

Last edited:

jswclw

Aug 1, 2010
Springfield, VA
Alright, I've been doing some reading and seem to have found a viable culprit to the battery drain issue. Seems there is some wifi bug that keeps the phone from going to sleep when you set the wifi policy to "when screen turns off". At least that's seems to be the case with me. According to Spareparts, my phone is never going to sleep (even with the screen off) and it kills my battery (5-8% per hour). Supposedly, changing the policy to "never" fixes that but I hate having wifi on all the time and scanning every 5 secs. So I have it set to "never" but then I'm using a 3rd party app to override it and turn off wifi after the screen turns off. The app I use is Green Battery but there are others that do the same thing. So far, it seems to be working. If your having major drain while idle, install Spareparts and see if your phone running time is an abnormally high %. If so I suggest this solution. It has worked for me so far.

So based on reading this, I turned WiFi off. Now it is just sipping the battery. Only used 20% of the battery over the 8 hours since I turned wifi off - that's with ligh use: 20 minutes on calls, a little twitter, some email and some web.

I'm pleased with this result, but I would like to be able to acheive it with WiFi enabled. Do you think this is a modem issue, kernel issue, or ROM issue?

majinzen

Jul 25, 2010
From what I've read, it's a samsung issue because I found the thread in an Android Central i9000 forum. Bug doesn't happen all the time either (kinda like the 50% without signal bug). You can keep wifi enabled (never sleep) and then use a third party app (I use Green Battery) to override the policy. My battery has been alot better and Green Battery controls the wifi better than the rom did. My wifi is set to go to sleep 5 secs after the screen turns off (instead of 15min) and doesn't turn back on until I unlock the screen. That way the wifi doesn't turn on if I just want to check the time or date.

no clue

Oct 20, 2008
Bellevue
Does this file work for Samsung vibrant?

Basically, xcaliburinhand's creation enable Captivate owners to try any official 9000 firmware without issue. ( THANK GOD, I have a Captivate!!! )

How about Vibrant? I don't know how they operate in that forum. lol, they don't seems to have anyone provide step by step flash i9000 firmware and needed patch on vibrant?

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
Does this file work for Samsung vibrant?

Basically, xcaliburinhand's creation enable Captivate owners to try any official 9000 firmware without issue. ( THANK GOD, I have a Captivate!!! )

How about Vibrant? I don't know how they operate in that forum. lol, they don't seems to have anyone provide step by step flash i9000 firmware and needed patch on vibrant?

I'm guessing, never tried, don't have a vibrant (yet, but I want one.)

I would say your chances of it NOT working would be high. I wouldn't try it. This was compiled for the captivate, and there could be issues from things just not quite being right, to a brick. I would wait for the devs in the vibrant forum to give you something more specific.

Reactions: no clue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts