[LB/UBL] Root Your device with just an app!

Search This thread

nandanlbhat

Jun 30, 2012
It works; steps I followed...

Here's my procedure and result

1. Used SEUS to prepare FTF file for 12.1.A.1.205 Generic IN.
2. Flashed firmware above as is since method in this post was not working.
3. Installed towelroot as shown by OP. (rebooted automatically).
4. Used CWM_SP_4.3.2-20140521.zip , extracted and ran install.bat from within the extracted folder.
5. Copied UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip to sdcard. Rebooted and pressed camera button on seeing blue LED on right corner to enter CWM. Flashed UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip using install zip from sdcard.
6. Rebooted and installed BusyBox. Opened the app and finished install procedure.
7. Removed towelroot apk (feel guilty for some reason!).

Result: Rooted Stock 12.1.A.1.205 with CWM and BusyBox. Now busy remounting /system read-write and removing content like socialife.apk that were previously not removable, but were of no use to me.

Just a suggestion: If you use Android SDK, then you can do adb shell and then try su to confirm root. You don't need another apk to confirm root status.

Thanks a bunch to OP for this procedure. I was spending hours earlier without achieving root (don't consider it time wasted, though).

Reactions: Don Prasad

asish2006

Aug 7, 2012
I rooted my 205 fw using this method.. Also installed and updated the su app.

But when I mount my folders using the folder mount app, my device gets rebooted every time, any idea why this is happening.? This app is sole reason of me getting the root.. Please help..

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

mrhnet

Jan 2, 2012
I rooted my 205 fw using this method.. Also installed and updated the su app.

But when I mount my folders using the folder mount app, my device gets rebooted every time, any idea why this is happening.? This app is sole reason of me getting the root.. Please help..

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Apply the "remount reboot fix". It's in the OP of this thread.

Reactions: ghst7

zlatkowolverine

Jun 19, 2009
OK i have rooted my phone on latest .205. root went OK. SU OK... but i cant instal recovery. when i execute .bat file i chose 1 and i get stacked like on the screenshot. Most of the ppl successfully instaled the recovery. can anyone tell me what may cause the problem?... debuging mode ON, working SU, root access, rebooted the phone and PC 10 times and all same. Am i missing something? thanks.

Attachments

• 12312312.jpg
    12312312.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 223

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
OK i have rooted my phone on latest .205. root went OK. SU OK... but i cant instal recovery. when i execute .bat file i chose 1 and i get stacked like on the screenshot. Most of the ppl successfully instaled the recovery. can anyone tell me what may cause the problem?... debuging mode ON, working SU, root access, rebooted the phone and PC 10 times and all same. Am i missing something? thanks.

Close it and open taskmanager from pc (ctrl+alt+del) and end all adb processes.

Reactions: zlatkowolverine

Top Liked Posts