Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wrongway213

Recognized Dev & Contributor / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Google Pixel 7
From the depths of the loony bin... @apophis9283 and yours truly @wrongway213 present you...

Republic of Madness ROM - Oreo goods for Google Nexus 6, aka Shamu.
The ROM is AOSP based and comes with @apophis9283's Dark Energy Kernel baked in!

We are not responsible for any issues you may have - you bought a Nexus, man. You knew the deal. Seriously though - Oreo is unsupported officially on Shamu - if you are unsure of flashing - you may want to wait a bit. This is a very early BETA.

Revision 8.0.0 r11 (OPR6.170623.017)

Issues: WiFi tether is working perfectly and Blueborne vulernability is patched in kernel, but Bluetooth deep sleep issue is still being worked on, as well as NFC.

ROM currently ships with AdAway, Substratum, Kernel Adiutor Mod and GApps baked in!
You read that right - DON'T flash GApps with this!

ROM also comes pre-rooted with Magisk 14.0.
If you do not want Magisk, flash Magisk Uninstaller zip.

Flashing instructions:
Reboot to recovery and take a Nandroid backup of current ROM
Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data
Flash ROM
Reboot to Oreo goodness!

Make sure to clean flash if coming from another ROM or a testing build prior to this thread being made - or if seeking support for issues!

LOGCAT ALL THE THINGS! Issues without logcats will not be taken seriously.. or kindly.

Features: Plenty of features - far from barebones! Changelog is still a WIP.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298987708

Donate:
steaven.android@gmail.com
wrongway213: www.paypal.me/wrongway213

Google
@fkfmfz
SiXROM
@neobuddy89
crDroid Android
@Myself5
Carbon ROM
OmniROM
ScrewdAOSP
@ezio84
ABC ROM
@xanaxdroid
Roger T
@beanstown106
Pure Nexus Project
@DespairFactor
Uber TC
@ZeroKool76
@johnb380
@topjohnwu
@moepda
Dirty Unicorns
LineageOS
Ground Zero ROMs/GZOSP

If you feel you've been left out - contact me and I will sort it!

XDA:DevDB Information
Republic of Madness ROM, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
wrongway213, apophis9283
Source Code: https://github.com/RepublicOfMadness

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2017-09-21

Created 2017-09-21
Last Updated 2017-11-15

Last edited:

Firestar292

Jul 1, 2012
Thanks, this is running very well for me so far. Is there any double tap to wake, or does it need to be added to the kernel?

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Thanks, this is running very well for me so far. Is there any double tap to wake, or does it need to be added to the kernel?
Not quite the same, but if you enable the always on lockscreen, a double tap will bring up the lock screen. If it's in your pocket the screen will be off. It's only if it's just laying around that it'll stay on. Very negligible impact on battery, if any

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the depths of the loony bin... @apophis9283 and yours truly @wrongway213 present you...

Republic of Madness ROM - Oreo goods for Google Nexus 6, aka Shamu.
    The ROM is AOSP based and comes with @apophis9283's Dark Energy Kernel baked in!

We are not responsible for any issues you may have - you bought a Nexus, man. You knew the deal. Seriously though - Oreo is unsupported officially on Shamu - if you are unsure of flashing - you may want to wait a bit. This is a very early BETA.

Revision 8.0.0 r11 (OPR6.170623.017)

Issues: WiFi tether is working perfectly and Blueborne vulernability is patched in kernel, but Bluetooth deep sleep issue is still being worked on, as well as NFC.

ROM currently ships with AdAway, Substratum, Kernel Adiutor Mod and GApps baked in!
    You read that right - DON'T flash GApps with this!

ROM also comes pre-rooted with Magisk 14.0.
    If you do not want Magisk, flash Magisk Uninstaller zip.

Flashing instructions:
    Reboot to recovery and take a Nandroid backup of current ROM
    Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data
    Flash ROM
    Reboot to Oreo goodness!

Make sure to clean flash if coming from another ROM or a testing build prior to this thread being made - or if seeking support for issues!

LOGCAT ALL THE THINGS! Issues without logcats will not be taken seriously.. or kindly.

Features: Plenty of features - far from barebones! Changelog is still a WIP.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298987708

Donate:
    steaven.android@gmail.com
    wrongway213: www.paypal.me/wrongway213

Google
    @fkfmfz
    SiXROM
    @neobuddy89
    crDroid Android
    @Myself5
    Carbon ROM
    OmniROM
    ScrewdAOSP
    @ezio84
    ABC ROM
    @xanaxdroid
    Roger T
    @beanstown106
    Pure Nexus Project
    @DespairFactor
    Uber TC
    @ZeroKool76
    @johnb380
    @topjohnwu
    @moepda
    Dirty Unicorns
    LineageOS
    Ground Zero ROMs/GZOSP

If you feel you've been left out - contact me and I will sort it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Republic of Madness ROM, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    wrongway213, apophis9283
    Source Code: https://github.com/RepublicOfMadness

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-09-21

Created 2017-09-21
    Last Updated 2017-11-15
    I started fresh, I literally only have the manifest started. Over the next few weeks (2) or so Ill slowly get it going on a better base, with wiser choices being made. There wont be any "beta" builds or such as I see those as something to slow progress until there is something worthy of posting.
    Sorry everyone... I am not able to make something more of this. I don't quite have it in me to make a ROM from scratch... Without apophis9283, this is something I can't make happen. Several rebases later... It just didn't happen. Apophis no longer has an N6, mine is no longer my daily and needs repair. I don't want to waste anyone's time further with a placeholder thread. I hope to someday have the knowledge to do something like this on my own.. for now I'm sorry this is as far as I could make it. Thanks to everyone for the support... I wish I could have kept all your Shamus going through Oreo.
    Thank you.
    I pretty much have everything together. Im going to get the navbar rebinding working, then test it and hopefully have something out tomorrow.
    I know everyone is in a rush to get Oreo. I understand. If you have an issue, calmly state it once. I promise I will get to it. I want to make this stable and enjoyable for everyone. So lets keep it nice and orderly. Thank you and enjoy