LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3 | With Benchmark

Search This thread

mayur_32

Aug 2, 2011
Pune
LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3: Battle of the Titan Smartphones

LG Optimus G E973 vs Samsung Galaxy S III I9300: Which Android phone would you choose?

LG has recently announced its latest upcoming Android smartphone, the LG Optimus G E973, along with the LG Optimus L9. The Optimus G is LG’s flagship smartphone and will go head on with Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X and the upcoming iPhone 5. The Optimus G is built with cutting edge mobile technology that will make you drool over this smartphone. Today, let’s compare the two “Titan” android phones (LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3) and see which one is the best Android phone.

lg-optimus-g-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg
VS.
Samsung-Galaxy-S34.jpg

The LG Optimus G is powered with the latest Snapdragon S4 Pro quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz with Andreno 320 as its GPU processor. Later we will compare the Snapdragon S4 Pro’s performance with Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core processor. It also sports a 13 megapixel rear facing camera and a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera.

It’s built with a large 4.7-inch True HD-IPS+LCD display paired with the G2 Touch Hybrid Display. With the new technology, the LG Optimus G consumes lesser power compared to a Super AMOLED display. LG plans to release it on the market initially running on Ice Cream Sandwich, but a Jelly Bean update will surely follow. The rest of the specs can be seen at the table below.

LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3 Specifications

image.jpg

As you can see in the table above, the LG Optimus G has some advantage over the Samsung Galaxy S3. First, it has a slightly powerful CPU (benchmarks below), bigger and better display, much larger memory size and a Jelly Bean update is expected to follow soon. Although Samsung will most probably provide a Jelly Bean update on the Galaxy S3 too.

Why did I say that the LG Optimus G display is better than the Samsung Galaxy S3? Although it’s smaller by a mere .1-inch, the pixel per inch density ratio is much higher compared to the SGS3′s ppi (318 vs 306). LG also claims that the new display technology consumes as much as 70% less power compared to a Super AMOLED display. And I’m not really a Super AMOLED fan, since the color tends to become over-vivid and can sometime be extraneous to the eyes.

Snapdragon S4 Pro vs Exynos 4412 Quad Core Processor

Now, how does the CPU of the LG Optimus G par with Samsung Galaxy S III’s processor? VR-Zone has posted some benchmarks done by Tweakers.Net comparing the high end mobile processors currently found in the market. Please refer to the tables below:

snapdragon-s4-pro-benchmarks.jpg

snapdragon-s4-pro-andreno-320-benchmarks.jpg

lg-optimus-g-snapdragon-s4-andreno-320-benchmarks.jpg

The table above shows that the Snapdragon S4 paired with Adreno 320 yields better results compared to Exynos 4412 and Mali 400. Don’t get me wrong, both of these processors are great, in fact they even yield better results compared to NVIDIA Tegra 3. But we see more potential in the CPU and GPU of the LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3.

Since the new Optimus G is built with an impressive and powerful CPU+GPU, let’s just hope that it doesn’t have overheating issues like the HTC One X users are complaining about.

LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3: Conclusion

Based on the specifications alone, I’d go for the LG Optimus G E973. It’ has a (slightly) better specs compared to its competitor. Of course there are other factors that still need to be considered before we can really decide who the winner smartphone here is.

We haven’t compared LG Optimus G’s price since it’s still undisclosed as of to date. We also need to look at the camera (photo and video) quality. It’s doesn’t mean that the 13MP camera is better than the 8MP camera, until we see the actual images and videos.

We also need to look at the apps and other features that the LG Optimus G offers. If all this things will somehow be generally better than Samsung Galaxy S3, LG might have a chance to grab the consumers’ attention and beat its competitors.

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwqvApiU2_Y

sak500

Sep 9, 2011
Dubai
Dont care about LG. My Antutu score was 14+K @ 1800mhz on S3 but even if S3 is lower i will never buy another LG. Still burned by buying the Optimus 3D. Launched last Aug with froyo, GB came in december and brought with it famous "ghost call" issue (search XDA for this" and was not resolved till 4~5 months. They never acknowledged it initially for many months.

Next promised ICS update was kept up in the air not giving any more info about it then announced it was cancelled. Go their facebook page and see how many negative comments they get on every post they make.

Freaking company with no support on prior flagship models and keep churning out models one after another.

Even if they offer this at half the cost of S3 I would never touch it.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Lol who cares about their hardware, LG sucks ass when it comes to software. poor folks they let their previous flagship Optimus 2x to rot in hell the same will happen in the future too.

And have you people ever visited the the Optimus 4x hd thread? If not just have a visit and then you will know how poor LG is ;)

《tapatalked from galaxy s3》

Last edited:

nkolsen

Oct 29, 2009
Odense
Even if LG gave me 100$ with the Phone, i wouldnt Buy it. First of All, it Will get JB in a year or so. Secondly Its amazing that it doesnt performance better thinking of it having the cortex A15 cores......

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2

mayur_32

Aug 2, 2011
Pune
Forgot about OS updates issue of LG they always SUCK. :banghead: but this this new processor (Snapdragon 4s pro) is super fast with 4 cores.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
you need to benchmark it with the upcoming GT-I9305.... which has the 4g + quad and 2gb of ram... I think that would probably give it a better go ;)

anyways even when the standard s3 is tweaked it can produce a lot better results...

Reactions: oswade

felixthecat

Dec 9, 2006
I previously owned an LG optimus 2x. It was heralded as fist tegra phone . However it was plagued with random restarts bsod It wouldn't stay on and the LG support was a joke. Never going back would rather having qn apple.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
I had the g2x from LG and promised I would never get another from them. They don't have the devs we do, the Samsung support we do and most of all, I am sure it has this and that but it won't the extras like super oled and the camera like ours!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: felixthecat

Mopral

Jan 6, 2009
Saint-Brieuc
I still try to understand why tech blogs have so poor antutu results for S3...

12500 for me with stock XXBLG8 and siyah kernel (but never goes under 12000 even with stock kernel) and 14000 with 1600MHz CPU and 533MHz GPU

And then LG only have 11300 in antutu with an A15 quadcore!

4 solution:

-tech blog sucks when making benchmark
-LG sucks
-A15 snapdragon quadcore sucks
-adreno 320 sucks

Yusei

Nov 29, 2010
Porto
Lg Maximo Black was my second and last lg device.

Horrible support from LG in SO updates.

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
No body gives a damn LG suck take it from personal experience they make phone after phone and never update their devices nor do they release the source so people can make cyanogen mod and etc..

Reactions: sak500

japjit100

Apr 4, 2012
new delhi
I think LG only won in benchmarks
Samsung won all screen features camera user interface

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
It will not be as good as the S3, unless it has features like Smartstay, direct call etc, its this smart technology that sold me the phone, whats the point in a fast quad core CPU if you don't have features like popup play. LG will make it an android phone with no added features, just a bolted on UI. Then they will release JB when 5.0 is out. My GT540 (I know it was a low end phone when I bought it) shipped with 1.6 on, then eventually (looking at 7-8 months) 2.1 and thats it, a life of 7-8 months as far as LG cares. If it wasn't for XDA it would not have lasted me anywhere near as long as it did, with out custom roms it would have been used as a projectile.

I will never buy from LG again, no bug fixing updates, and only 1 update for the whole life of the phone.

Mafiatounes

Nice specs on the LG, i like the S4 Pro but i would not buy it on an LG! Why because support in general is absent from LG, while specs are nice i don't think the overall quality will be better than Samsung and i am talking about camera, music and so on. In the end the overall experience on the S3 will be better than the G.

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
I will not buy a Lucky Goldstar. No way. Even my LG fridge has had to be repaired a few times already. That said.

Both my GS3 and my One X benchmark at 12500+ on AnTuTu.

The only benchmark I have seen the Quad S4 score much higher on is Quadrant (around 7200).

Reactions: sak500

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
That phone doesn't have a physical home button and doesn't have wake up lag which is a huge plus compared to SGS3. It actually doesn't look like a toy phone made of plastic either. It has 2 GB of RAM too, so I can finally multitask again.

So, considering how disappointed I am with my SGS3, I can see myself switching to this phone if the reviews are good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dont care about LG. My Antutu score was 14+K @ 1800mhz on S3 but even if S3 is lower i will never buy another LG. Still burned by buying the Optimus 3D. Launched last Aug with froyo, GB came in december and brought with it famous "ghost call" issue (search XDA for this" and was not resolved till 4~5 months. They never acknowledged it initially for many months.

Next promised ICS update was kept up in the air not giving any more info about it then announced it was cancelled. Go their facebook page and see how many negative comments they get on every post they make.

Freaking company with no support on prior flagship models and keep churning out models one after another.

Even if they offer this at half the cost of S3 I would never touch it.
    That phone doesn't have a physical home button and doesn't have wake up lag which is a huge plus compared to SGS3. It actually doesn't look like a toy phone made of plastic either. It has 2 GB of RAM too, so I can finally multitask again.

So, considering how disappointed I am with my SGS3, I can see myself switching to this phone if the reviews are good.
    Lol who cares about their hardware, LG sucks ass when it comes to software. poor folks they let their previous flagship Optimus 2x to rot in hell the same will happen in the future too.

And have you people ever visited the the Optimus 4x hd thread? If not just have a visit and then you will know how poor LG is ;)

《tapatalked from galaxy s3》

S3 lagging?

Your phone deserves a better user.

26265573.jpg

It's a LG phone. I don't think better specs and benchmarks means anything at all when talking about a LG.