[Q] how do I properly install STOCK 4.3 on how to install 4.3 on galaxy s3 SPH-L710

Search This thread

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
Hello All!

I am switching to Sprint in a few weeks and getting an S3. I believe they have 4.1.2 on them now? Anyway, I would really like to be able to update/flash STOCK 4.3 onto it. I am not new to rooting and flashing other devices (like motorolas), but have had a lot of trouble with a galaxy 7.7 tablet (I bricked it).

Could someone please tell me what I need to do?

Do I need to root first, then use odin to install stock 4.3?

Thank you so very much!

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
Hello All!

I am switching to Sprint in a few weeks and getting an S3. I believe they have 4.1.2 on them now? Anyway, I would really like to be able to update/flash STOCK 4.3 onto it. I am not new to rooting and flashing other devices (like motorolas), but have had a lot of trouble with a galaxy 7.7 tablet (I bricked it).

Could someone please tell me what I need to do?

Do I need to root first, then use odin to install stock 4.3?

Thank you so very much!

Is the phone your getting brand new? If so, it will come with 4.3 and KNOX security. you can always check by going to settings>about phone, read android version and baseband-if baseband ends in mk3, then it has KNOX.

Last edited:

avruma

Oct 5, 2010
Even if its used you can go to menu>settings>system update then update firmware and samsung software and it should give you android 4.3 with KNOX. If you are already rooted or if you don't want knox then you need odin to flash a recovery then install a rom using recovery