[Q] Ways to get into programming and app development?

Search This thread

nishantn

Feb 26, 2014
Hey everybody! I want to know how many of you who are into app development, or programming in general even started out (aside from any professional training). I'm 16 now, and have a lot of time on my hands in the coming months. Since I've been into technology from a very young age I decided I'd take up some software development (or even its basics) in my free time. Sadly enough, my inner procrastinator has been awoken with all the free time so I haven't really done ANYTHING these past couple of days. I certainly am very interested in the subject, but the force of procrastination.. IS TOO DAMN STRONG.

Anyway, I'd like to know where I could learn the basics the best. I could've simply Google'd this but since I'm into smartphones and PCs I'd ask you guys here. As of now I've placed an order on a Nexus 4 (since it was super cheap) and am waiting for it to arrive, I have built myself a pretty OKAY PC. It's much faster than I need and since I have these things, it may be easier for me as compared to many of you who might be more talented than me. Simply tell me how YOU started, and what would you recommend. Thanks! (please tell me if my language is too immature for these forums, sorry really)

Reactions: dCheques

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody! I want to know how many of you who are into app development, or programming in general even started out (aside from any professional training). I'm 16 now, and have a lot of time on my hands in the coming months. Since I've been into technology from a very young age I decided I'd take up some software development (or even its basics) in my free time. Sadly enough, my inner procrastinator has been awoken with all the free time so I haven't really done ANYTHING these past couple of days. I certainly am very interested in the subject, but the force of procrastination.. IS TOO DAMN STRONG.

Anyway, I'd like to know where I could learn the basics the best. I could've simply Google'd this but since I'm into smartphones and PCs I'd ask you guys here. As of now I've placed an order on a Nexus 4 (since it was super cheap) and am waiting for it to arrive, I have built myself a pretty OKAY PC. It's much faster than I need and since I have these things, it may be easier for me as compared to many of you who might be more talented than me. Simply tell me how YOU started, and what would you recommend. Thanks! (please tell me if my language is too immature for these forums, sorry really)