After KitKat update, sound somtimes comes out from the ear piece instead of speakers

Search This thread

yeochinh

Jul 11, 2009
Hi Guys,
I love the Z1, although I started sort of hating it after the kit kat update.
You see the sound now sometimes comes out of the ear piece (the one with the LED notification light) instead of the main speakers.
Is anyone having the same issue?
Were you guys able to do anything to permanently fix it?
A restart provides a temporary fix and then it comes back.
Hope anyone could provide a solution for this.
Thank you.

RGadelha

Jun 9, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Hi Guys,
I love the Z1, although I started sort of hating it after the kit kat update.
You see the sound now sometimes comes out of the ear piece (the one with the LED notification light) instead of the main speakers.
Is anyone having the same issue?
Were you guys able to do anything to permanently fix it?
A restart provides a temporary fix and then it comes back.
Hope anyone could provide a solution for this.
Thank you.

It was happening to me too but after I've unchecked ClearAudio+ and checked xLOUD, it looks like it was fixed, until now.
Try it: go to Settings | Sound | Sound Effects and find your way.

yeochinh

Jul 11, 2009
It was happening to me too but after I've unchecked ClearAudio+ and checked xLOUD, it looks like it was fixed, until now.

Hey there,
Thanks for the reply!
I went to my settings to uncheck Clearaudio+ (apparently this is turned off on my end) but I can't seem to find xLOUD?
Is it a third party application?
Thanks again for your reply!

iamvyshak

Mar 20, 2014
Tried that but didn't work!

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I tried that but didn't work out for too long. Just like the Restart fixes the problem for a while, even here I started experiencing it again. Wonder what's a solution to this as not everybody seems to have this problem! :(

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
I need to ask one question. In this topic did you guys format you internal storage while upgrading to 4.4? Because i didnt and i wonder if this will make any differences

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

RGadelha

Jun 9, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Hey there,
Thanks for the reply!
I went to my settings to uncheck Clearaudio+ (apparently this is turned off on my end) but I can't seem to find xLOUD?
Is it a third party application?
Thanks again for your reply!

No, it's not third party app, I think it came with JB 4.3.
Here's the path:

audio.png

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I tried that but didn't work out for too long. Just like the Restart fixes the problem for a while, even here I started experiencing it again. Wonder what's a solution to this as not everybody seems to have this problem! :(

Mine's still working, I hope it stays like that. :fingers-crossed:

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
So this issue is a KitKat bug, thought something went wrong with my phone. I noticed this when I was using a video call on WeChat, headset connected to the phone but the sounds is fluctuatingly(?) coming from the headset then speaker (or earpiece) then headset again then speak (or earpiece so on and so forth. Encountered again yesterday when listening to music. Headset is on but sound is coming from the speaker. I hope this will be resolved immediately.

Azmil2307

Jul 5, 2013
Kuching
www.x2element.com
I experienced the same problem after 4.4.2 update as well. I did make a clean install, I even did a full data erase before upgrading, and another full data erase after upgrading via PC Companion.

RGadelha

Jun 9, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
It happened to me again, playing a video on YouTube app. :mad:

Although this is annoying, I'll let it go for now.

Obs.: Sony Xperia Z1 C6943, stock KK, unrooted.

Last edited:

yeochinh

Jul 11, 2009
Hi guys, tried everything but the problem still persists, so I've decided to downgrade my 4.4.2 back to 4.3, will just upgrade once things have been smoothened out. Kind of disappointing because I think Sony just rushed to deliver this and didn't exactly do a comprehensive bug testing.

Netsoft

Jul 18, 2013
It's happening to me too since the update. It's extremely difficult to hear notifications and ringtone when some called in. Got quite a few missed calls from important business partners. Ah, I hope Sony will fix this fast.

blakwhite

Nov 30, 2010
I don't know for sure but I froze the smart connect app and haven't experienced the problem for the last two days. It may be too soon to tell though.

jimmysmart83

Mar 19, 2012
Surat
Also i m getting this prob... And also not able to turn off my phone when i press power off button..

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
Guys i guess i was right at the first place

I comeback to 4.4 from the start

I flashed xperia ultra firmware which is modified by nut then i put 156 of xperia z1 then i root it and flash recovery on it and then formated every thing except external card, i formated internal memory also. And yes till now received 5 calls there is no problem...

Try it every one

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
Ill never buy this cheap sony devices again. They cannot make even a good software. Suckers

In every firmware they have some very very annoying bug.... Im jus fed up with this cheap ****

Top Liked Posts