17th October 2015, 01:21 PM |#19981  
Flag Rotherham
Thanks Meter: 175

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

Yes ... yes ... you should try

I've deleted the files but the problem is still there and the unit reboots when opening the door or opening the vehicle App. I think the problem is "simple VW canbus" is broken in this build. If I turn canbus off it works fine.
17th October 2015, 01:25 PM |#19982  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7floor

What future support do you mean?
I use it daily in my car, and if I find any glitches I fix them and provide update to community.
Also, I monitor user's reports for the same purpose.
Two or three bugs were fixed since very first version (the version 1.1 is the latest so far).
From the "number of features" perspective the software is completed, I think.
So if everything works for you now, you'll need no upgrades in future (except, I guess, if/when manufacturers roll the Android 5 out for our units - the SW part probably would need an update due to Android platform change).
Here's the risk: I will definitely not jump to Android 5 just to be "on the edge"; I will wait for it to stabilize on our units; and this, in turn, means that there would be no Android 5-compatible version at instant.

And to answer your last question:
I think they just don't care.
They get all the software from Microntek (whoever they are).
Microntek could make it already if they wanted to, without changing hardware at all, but they didn't.

Your future support will be greatly appreciated by the community here. Sad to think the Chinese makers wouldn't consider implementing the soft/hard mod. (have you tried emailing them?)

I guess every time malaysk updates the ROM, we'll have to re-implement your mod.

Just one more question. Do you think there'd be any side effects of adding the link wires without breaking the link from the MCU? (Other than maybe confusing the sound processor with getting information from both MCU and Android)
17th October 2015, 01:27 PM |#19983  
Flag Gorinchem
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7floor

Duh... My pics are more confusing than helpful. It's because I've made them while experimenting, and they really don't show the final mod. They mostly show the place where the soldering occurs.
So, let's maybe try with this short manual.
1. Find the Sound Processor, it's 28-lead IC marked BD37534FV, BD3702V or like that (different units use different analogs).
2. From leads 25 and 26 of it, using a multimeter, try to trace out the resistors connected to these leads.
3. Unsolder these resistors (on my photo, they're said to be removed), flip them 180 degrees and solder (place like two bigger resistors on the same photo), solder wires to free ends of the resistors.
4. Find the WM8731 IC on the board, it is also a 28-lead chip.
5. From leads 23 and 24 of this IC trace the resistors.
6. Solder other ends of wires to these resistors, to their ends that are opposite to WM8731. Refer to schematic: BD37X(25)-resistor-wire-resistor-WM8731(24) and BD37X(26)-resistor-wire-resistor-WM8731(23).

I've explained as clear as I could.

yes you did thank you for that.
i'm not complete confident to perform the mod yet at this moment.
I also have to install my DAB+ aerial first, and the Bluetooth-mod.
let's see if these work out, then the study the MCU-mod some more and then performing the mcu-mod.

i'll keep you guys posted
17th October 2015, 01:42 PM |#19984  
Thanks Meter: 5,312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tung_meister

I've deleted the files but the problem is still there and the unit reboots when opening the door or opening the vehicle App.

Thank you for help in finding errors. Try to replace it in two files in System/Priv-app and and reboot
Change the files one by one and reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: apk MTCCanbus.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.74 MB, 46 views)
File Type: apk Settings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (14.76 MB, 36 views)
17th October 2015, 01:43 PM |#19985  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCheekyDevil

Do you think there'd be any side effects of adding the link wires without breaking the link from the MCU? (Other than maybe confusing the sound processor with getting information from both MCU and Android)

I'm not sure how it will work when two I2C masters compete for bus control. In theory, I2C should support multi-master configurations, but it could be implementation-specific and not work in this specific case. I have not tried.
Otherwise, no side effects other than you mentioned. But this efect will ruin all the functionality. MCU has its own internal state to communicate to the Sound Processor, and my software has own. They will tell the sound chip different things, you may imagine what would happen.
One may try to not cut the MCU control and report here what happened.
17th October 2015, 01:44 PM |#19986  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
17th October 2015, 01:53 PM |#19987  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

you have already concluded (through decompilation) that it is limited. So it's much easier to control directly the Sound Processor.

That's correct.

Quote:

I thought that it would be great to achieve the same level of control via an existing comprehensive interface (hidden, for now, but still present).

There's no such interface at present, for sure. But, who knows...
Have you noticed mtcmcutool announced some pages back? We're in touch with its author.
Will not say more for the time being
The Following User Says Thank You to 7floor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 7floor Ad-Free
17th October 2015, 01:56 PM |#19988  

More
---
17th October 2015, 01:59 PM |#19989  
Flag Rotherham
Thanks Meter: 175

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

Thank you for help in finding errors. Try to replace it in two files in System/Priv-app and and reboot
Change the files one by one and reboot.

Replacing the mtccanbus.apk has fixed the problem. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tung_meister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tung_meister Ad-Free
17th October 2015, 02:02 PM |#19990  

More
---
17th October 2015, 02:09 PM |#19991  

More
Quote:

If it's no electrical incompatibility, I think this would a problem. Hopefully it's not(?)
I wonder whether the Sound Processor state isn't set at one time by the MCU (once, or when the Settings' Equalizer is changed) and then it could be changed/improved by your Equalizer, later, permanently.

The unit won't blow, nothing will be fried.
But the MCU sends the full state even for Volume afjustment. And when you change input to, say, Radio, it would "talk" to the Sound Processor many times, like mute curren input, wait for a few tens of milliseconds, then switch to new input, then wait again, then unmute. Total mess.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote:

If it's no such interface, how does the Settings/Equalizer work?
Or is it a "fixed" setup decided by the MCU? And the Settings/Equalizer works at a different level - like Viper?!

Stock equalizer tells the MCU a command like "av_eq=5,3,7" where numbers can be in range 0 to 10 and represent bass, middle and treble. And the MCU converts this to values to be sent to specific registers of the sound processor. There is no command to tell the MCU something like "set the Q-factor for Bass to 1.5", nor the command to tell it "set the register X in sound processor to value Y".
The Following User Says Thank You to 7floor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 7floor Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)