Chromecast Timeout Issues - Please post your experience

Search This thread

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've had the device about a week now and we have been streaming a lot of content to it without any issues. But I had a strange issue with my Chromecast yesterday and I wanted to make note of it here. This isn't so much as a request for help, but I would like people to post if they are having similar issues so we can see how often it occurs and see if there are any similarities which may help pinpoint the bug.

After watching a Netflix show, I tried casting another show but could not. The TV screen switched to the red "Netflix" screen and it seem to try and buffer the show, but it never started playing. After a while (perhaps a minute), the tablet from which I selected the show to cast came up with a "Could not Connect" error. I tried selecting the show again, and could not get it to connect. I ended up unplugging the device and even then it would not connect. I think I was finally able to fix the problem by selecting another show which did start to play and then selecting the show that I really wanted to watch. However, I was trying lots of things, so it could be something else that actually fixed it. For example, I don't remember if I de-selected the chromecast and then re-select it. I've read that fixed similar issues that other people have had with the Youtibe app.

Here are some more details:
- chromecast is plugged into the TV via the short HDMI extension cord.
- it is powered via the USB power cable plugged into the USB transformer and 110v power (ie not powered via a USB port on the TV)
- the TV does not have HMDI control-ability
- the TV is a LG model 46D64U
- between the two shows when I had the problem, the Chromecast went to a black screen for a second or two and I thought I heard an audible click. In fact I thought the TV turned itself off because the click I think I heard is the same click I hear when the TV turns on or off. However the screen did come back on its own pretty quickly.

I just wanted to see how common this issue may be. So if you have had problems with your Chromecast timing out when trying to stream content, please post as many details about the situation as possible.

Thanks!

Brian

GreekTreat

Aug 21, 2008
www.funtable.com
I am having the same issue. netflix can't send the request to chromecast through my tablet. it started a week ago and I haven't had it working since. I have tried clearing cache, uninstalling and re-nstalling. I have had to use my S3 to do it.

hmbarbosa

May 16, 2009
ChCh
I am having the same issue. netflix can't send the request to chromecast through my tablet. it started a week ago and I haven't had it working since. I have tried clearing cache, uninstalling and re-nstalling. I have had to use my S3 to do it.

1. Change the date and time settings on your device to Automatic.
2. Clear the Netflix application data
Navigate to Settings.
Under Device, choose Application Manager or Apps section.
Can't find your Application Manager? Refer to your owner's manual or contact your phone manufacturer for further assistance.
Under Downloaded, choose Netflix.
Choose Clear data, then OK.
Re-enter the Netflix application and try playing again.