FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, when we got a new 4.2 kernel with KK update, does it mean that it will be possible to make KK custom roms with 4.2 kernel or does it need the kernel sources to be released?

Odesláno z mého XT907 pomocí Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Klen2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Klen2 Ad-Free
22nd May 2014, 04:33 PM |#2  
Flag Ivano-Frankivsk
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klen2

Hi, when we got a new 4.2 kernel with KK update, does it mean that it will be possible to make KK custom roms with 4.2 kernel or does it need the kernel sources to be released?

4.2? O_x
Did you mean 3.4, Man?
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Noigel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift St.Noigel Ad-Free
22nd May 2014, 04:33 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Yes, I meant 3.4

24th May 2014, 02:07 AM |#4  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 985

Donate to Me
More
Not at the moment.
If it is adopted, you will probably see Dhacker29 tweet about it. I'd follow him.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th July 2014, 03:48 PM |#5  
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Noob question. Im on xt926 rooted and unlocked on SlimKat 4.4.2 and want to up to the 4.4.4. Anyway, is there a source to download the 3.4 kernel/bootloader besides OTA?
12th July 2014, 05:27 PM |#6  
Flag Ivano-Frankivsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlang11

Noob question. Im on xt926 rooted and unlocked on SlimKat 4.4.2 and want to up to the 4.4.4. Anyway, is there a source to download the 3.4 kernel/bootloader besides OTA?

Just flash official FW with RSD lite, flash new costum recovery and try any ROMs on 3.4! ))
now we have next ROMs on 3.4 - KitStalk, LiquidSmooth, Vanir, MoKee, Validus, CM11, PA, PA-SaberMod, SOKP, RES, OSE
12th July 2014, 05:31 PM |#7  
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Noigel

Just flash official FW with RSD lite, flash new costum recovery and try any ROMs on 3.4! ))
now we have next ROMs on 3.4 - KitStalk, LiquidSmooth, Vanir, MoKee, Validus, CM11, PA, PA-SaberMod, SOKP, RES, OSE

Sorry, official FW? (told you i was a noob lol) I have RSD and TWRP 2.7.x.x...

ETA: oh duh... firmware. LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to jlang11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlang11 Ad-Free
14th July 2014, 02:06 PM |#8  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlang11

Sorry, official FW? (told you i was a noob lol) I have RSD and TWRP 2.7.x.x...

ETA: oh duh... firmware. LOL

FW="FirmWare"

Somewhere in the forums is a copy of the official 4.4.2 files that you can flash with RSDLite. {search box!}
Once you've updated to 4.4.2 using the official release you can then Fastboot flash your TWRP/CWM and start life a-new with KitKat Roms. **MAKE SURE that you get a version of TWRP/CWM that is compatible with the new Kernel and OS. Kit Kat requires a different recovery.

As a side note, due to the changes in Recovery systems for KitKat I have found that sometimes during the big update flash it gets weird and may give you an error. If that happens ... flash a second time.
17th July 2014, 01:52 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Noigel

I got an m and an HD. All I've seen for roms on m is cm11 and I can't really find any good for the hd. Can you give me links to some for the hd especially liquidsmooth?

Sent from my DROID RAZR M
17th July 2014, 12:28 PM |#10  
Flag Ivano-Frankivsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gblake13

I got an m and an HD. All I've seen for roms on m is cm11 and I can't really find any good for the hd. Can you give me links to some for the hd especially liquidsmooth?

Sent from my DROID RAZR M

LiquidSmooth
Official release LS 3.1 and nightlies after 06.30 - KK BL - you must be on official 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Noigel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift St.Noigel Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)