4,154 posts
Thanks Meter: 679

By P1Tater, Retired Senior Moderator on 22nd December 2008, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2008, 03:33 AM |#21  
Flag On a cell tower
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Here is a though I had for a "intermediate" animation. this is from the kaiser section. I am a complete idiot when it comes to making a GIF, or it would be done. Obviously the resolution would have to be changed. So if somone would like to take the ball and run with it, or if somone would like to explain how to do this.

30th December 2008, 01:47 PM |#22  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag In UR Head

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD8DNS

Here is a though I had for a "intermediate" animation. this is from the kaiser section. I am a complete idiot when it comes to making a GIF, or it would be done. Obviously the resolution would have to be changed. So if somone would like to take the ball and run with it, or if somone would like to explain how to do this.

Your welcome. Gif resized and edited to remove the unnecessary screens.

31st December 2008, 04:24 AM |#23  
Flag On a cell tower
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Nice, thanks tater. You the man. I flew back from jersey today, and a lady on the plane seemed a little nervous when she glanced over and saw my phone booting up. It was hilarious.
11th January 2009, 05:55 PM |#24  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Neat...

Now if I could only find a different ROM boot screen.
12th January 2009, 12:01 AM |#25  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Tater

Your welcome. Gif resized and edited to remove the unnecessary screens.

P1Tater,

What program did you use to re size the GIF?
13th January 2009, 09:32 AM |#26  
Flag New York City

More
couple question... umm how do i go about putting this splash screen on my fuze... i love it but where can i get a .cab for it ??
13th January 2009, 02:44 PM |#27  
Flag In UR Head

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawtg

P1Tater,

What program did you use to re size the GIF?

Adobe Fireworks CS3. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rddcarlos

couple question... umm how do i go about putting this splash screen on my fuze... i love it but where can i get a .cab for it ??

There is no cab to apply splash screens. The first screen must be flashed either by SD method (the one I prefer) or via USB method (the one I dislike).

The welcomhead.192 file can just be dropped in the /Windows directory by Total Commander.
13th January 2009, 05:31 PM |#28  
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Tater

There is no cab to apply splash screens. The first screen must be flashed either by SD method (the one I prefer) or via USB method (the one I dislike).

The welcomhead.192 file can just be dropped in the /Windows directory by Total Commander.

i did the sd method but cant get the cia to post like in the above picture i think its because the picture is in .gif isnt it suppose to be .png ?? and for some reason i cant exchange the welcome.192 with the cia one.... i know these are really noob questions but any help on this is greatly aprechiated..
13th January 2009, 05:55 PM |#29  
Flag In UR Head

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rddcarlos

i did the sd method but cant get the cia to post like in the above picture i think its because the picture is in .gif isnt it suppose to be .png ?? and for some reason i cant exchange the welcome.192 with the cia one.... i know these are really noob questions but any help on this is greatly aprechiated..

Ok, no problem.

In post #14 I attached a zip file. In that zip file is 3 files. One is a .nbh file, one is a .bmp file and one is a .png file. Rename the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh. Copy it to your SD card. Enter bootloader and follow the on screen directions.

Now, once the device boots, copy the welcomehead.192 file to /Windows with total commander or resco explorer or whatever you use.

Now, the .gif I posted a few posts ago needs to renamed to animated_start.gif and copied to your /Windows of your device also.

Once you have completed all of these steps your done.
13th January 2009, 06:20 PM |#30  
Flag New York City

More
i dont know what im doing wrong but it keeps loading my old splash screen...
this is what i did...

1. changed the nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh and put it into my sd card
and started bootloader (question where do the other 2 pic's go here i mean i know they go in /windows folder but do i put them before bootloader it makes sence that i should... but u said after)

2. i put the animated_start.gif and welcomehead.192.png in /windows with TC and then did a soft reset but no change at all... (all i see is the CIAMain at 1st but thats all, and does it matter that i cant move or delete my old welcomehead.192...)

Thank You for all the help
13th January 2009, 07:15 PM |#31  

More
Dude, could you change that to FBI or the Army and I'd be all over it, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)