FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MAY 17][WM6.5]re/START(startMenu), Chome Editor v1.6 BETA, TitaniumWeatherv4.2*RADAR

1,774 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By showaco, Senior Member on 10th February 2009, 06:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2009, 09:45 PM |#11  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 685

Donate to Me
More
Hey I know you.. Nice job Bro.

God Bless

10th February 2009, 10:10 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

More
Here's the icons packs currently available for TitaniumWeather 4.0+

Left to right----Stardock, BeyondInvisible, Buff, and HTC

Spil icons

UPDATED May 5:
tried to fix layout issues with some icon packs, if you still have a issue then please post a screenshot along with device resolution so I can fix.

Anyone that has icon packs they've made, feel free to post for all to use.

I've posted a few sets for wm7 theme in ibrythill's wm7 thread in development and hacking forum if someone needs a set for that theme.
Additional .plg files for wqvga on ibrythill's wm7 theme are located in post 635 and post 638 by Genix9, more in post 702

Install cab and then go to TitaniumWeather Menu/Panel Display Options/Type of Icons used and then choose the icon set you want to use. It takes about 20 seconds to load completly because it has to rewrite the cpr file, and then run a full update so that all the registry entries get updated for the icons. So be patient and Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: cab Showaco BeyondInvisibleIcons.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.46 MB, 9882 views)
File Type: cab Showaco BuffIcons.cab - [Click for QR Code] (695.5 KB, 7647 views)
File Type: cab Showaco HTCIcons.cab - [Click for QR Code] (698.5 KB, 11650 views)
File Type: cab Showaco SpilIcons.cab - [Click for QR Code] (926.5 KB, 5985 views)
File Type: cab Showaco StardockIcons.cab - [Click for QR Code] (813.0 KB, 6427 views)
11th February 2009, 02:20 PM |#13  
Flag Mount Dora, Fl

More
Im happy with my current ROM, so I wont be changing to 6.5 yet. I do have some questions about how this works for the future.

So you hit the start menu then this fills up you screen covering your TF3D?
The 1st pic shows the honeycombs overfilling the screen at the bottom. Is this menu "scrollable" to reach shortcuts that are offscreen?
Is that gigantic X a part of the new start menu or is that the X from 6.5? WOW that is big.
What is that "Marketplace" shortcut in your pic?
11th February 2009, 03:13 PM |#14  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 5

More
why don't make it for Wm 6.1 ???

6.5 is just out still testing fase...
11th February 2009, 03:46 PM |#15  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohithathie

why don't make it for Wm 6.1 ???

6.5 is just out still testing fase...

It may be portable but it more than likely will take day to fix and get it right and you will prolly need alot of file from 6.5
11th February 2009, 05:39 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriAxisFL

Im happy with my current ROM, so I wont be changing to 6.5 yet. I do have some questions about how this works for the future.

So you hit the start menu then this fills up you screen covering your TF3D?
The 1st pic shows the honeycombs overfilling the screen at the bottom. Is this menu "scrollable" to reach shortcuts that are offscreen?
Is that gigantic X a part of the new start menu or is that the X from 6.5? WOW that is big.
What is that "Marketplace" shortcut in your pic?

Yes, this is the new start menu and its scrollable, but scrolling is slow in this beta. The original is only 3 apps wide, by making the honeycomb smaller, less scrolling to do. And yes, that gigantic X is part of 6.5 for now. The other taskbar icons are slightly smaller, but they made that bigger. Marketplace link doesn't work yet, but I assume it will be like apple's appstore/itunes.
12th February 2009, 04:16 AM |#17  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,216

Donate to Me
More
The gigantic X close button is part of the rom, but this was ported from a QVGA version. I've seen pics of WM6.5 on a QVGA device and the X close buttons were normal size.

I think the overly large buttons are just a side effect of not having the right proportions for our phones. An actual VGA release should be due out within a few days which we'll see how things measure up then.

Thanks for the files, btw. Nice to start seeing some WM6.5 tweaks. I agree the default size of the honeycombs are huge. I like the idea of "finger-friendly" but come-on. The smaller icons are nice.
17th February 2009, 12:29 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

More
First post updated with new options.
17th February 2009, 06:03 PM |#19  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Looks great. I like the Honeycomb lines removed and the Notification Panel is nice. I'm downloading the WM6.5 V6 Kitchen now... but does the CHome homescreen program up like the Smartphone version?

I had the Blackjack which had this... and I did some programming and tweaking on it.

From what I remember there is an "\Application Data\" folder which had the XML screen layouts which could then add plugins. I know Samsung actually had quite a few custom layouts which were included in their roms that were based off that style.

Just curious because if they're essentially porting over the Smartphone style homescreen... then we should have several hacks already for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to player911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift player911 Ad-Free
17th February 2009, 09:29 PM |#20  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Having finally flashed to Kitchen Beta 7... using the CHome.dll... my notification icons are reduced by around 50% and are half cut off at the bottom.

I'm not having any luck looking through the dll file. Are you running this in VGA on a Touch Pro?

The Start Menu tweak is working perfectly.
18th February 2009, 03:43 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Looks great. I like the Honeycomb lines removed and the Notification Panel is nice. I'm downloading the WM6.5 V6 Kitchen now... but does the CHome homescreen program up like the Smartphone version?

I had the Blackjack which had this... and I did some programming and tweaking on it.

From what I remember there is an "\Application Data\" folder which had the XML screen layouts which could then add plugins. I know Samsung actually had quite a few custom layouts which were included in their roms that were based off that style.

Just curious because if they're essentially porting over the Smartphone style homescreen... then we should have several hacks already for it.

Having finally flashed to Kitchen Beta 7... using the CHome.dll... my notification icons are reduced by around 50% and are half cut off at the bottom.

I'm not having any luck looking through the dll file. Are you running this in VGA on a Touch Pro?

The Start Menu tweak is working perfectly.

The plugins are located in the cmhome.dll, nothing is in application data for this version. Its very similiar to smartphone version, but has a few differences which I'm still learning. Some old hacks work, some not yet but should.

I haven't changed to beta7 yet, but all screenshots are from my fuze with beta 6(so yes, vga on touch pro). I just changed the download for cmhome.zip, it has an updated cpr file but dll is essentially the same, but you might try the cpr and see if it helps.
Glad to here start menu's working out for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)