FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MAY 17][WM6.5]re/START(startMenu), Chome Editor v1.6 BETA, TitaniumWeatherv4.2*RADAR

1,774 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By showaco, Senior Member on 10th February 2009, 06:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2009, 03:43 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Looks great. I like the Honeycomb lines removed and the Notification Panel is nice. I'm downloading the WM6.5 V6 Kitchen now... but does the CHome homescreen program up like the Smartphone version?

I had the Blackjack which had this... and I did some programming and tweaking on it.

From what I remember there is an "\Application Data\" folder which had the XML screen layouts which could then add plugins. I know Samsung actually had quite a few custom layouts which were included in their roms that were based off that style.

Just curious because if they're essentially porting over the Smartphone style homescreen... then we should have several hacks already for it.

Having finally flashed to Kitchen Beta 7... using the CHome.dll... my notification icons are reduced by around 50% and are half cut off at the bottom.

I'm not having any luck looking through the dll file. Are you running this in VGA on a Touch Pro?

The Start Menu tweak is working perfectly.

The plugins are located in the cmhome.dll, nothing is in application data for this version. Its very similiar to smartphone version, but has a few differences which I'm still learning. Some old hacks work, some not yet but should.

I haven't changed to beta7 yet, but all screenshots are from my fuze with beta 6(so yes, vga on touch pro). I just changed the download for cmhome.zip, it has an updated cpr file but dll is essentially the same, but you might try the cpr and see if it helps.
Glad to here start menu's working out for you.

18th February 2009, 04:28 AM |#22  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,216

Donate to Me
More
Does the cpr file contain the settings for the today screen? I looked in the cpr files... but didn't really get involved. I'll redownload and see if I notice any differences. One of the things I'm looking to change is the start menu background transparent picture... right now its a gradient... but maybe something with a different fade...

[EDIT] I didn't see the Titanium cpr file... thats probably what it is. I'm playing with it now.

[EDIT2] After installing the latest CHome.zip files... I now have all of the original notification items.

[EDIT3] I noticed everything in the titanium cpr file is set to "visible=false". Was the default cpr file like this? Doesn't make sense. Does that Boolean value even do anything? I'll probably end up creating my own cpr file from scratch... playing with the values.

I also noticed the "ID" values. I wonder if there are more ID values set in the registry that aren't coded in the cpr file. I know there were several "hidden" items found in the smartphone version using the registry as reference.
18th February 2009, 05:02 AM |#23  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's had this problem or not, but I just copied over your cmhome.dll and the titanium file (I disabled Titanium first, copied the files, then turned on titanium) and after a soft reset Titanium won't start. It started when I turned it on after copying the files, but after a soft reset I can't get it to start again.

I also installed your "mid" start menu cab before I soft reset.

Any ideas?

Titanium seems to be really flaky for me
18th February 2009, 05:26 AM |#24  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
It is flaky period... hence "beta".

I'm not having a problem getting Titanium to start although it frequently freaks out and requires a soft-reset.

After replacing that Titanium cpr file, I'm seeing all of the original items.

I started removing junk and then it wouldn't work. I don't have any time to even fool with it tonight. It looks GREAT in the pics though.
18th February 2009, 05:52 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's had this problem or not, but I just copied over your cmhome.dll and the titanium file (I disabled Titanium first, copied the files, then turned on titanium) and after a soft reset Titanium won't start. It started when I turned it on after copying the files, but after a soft reset I can't get it to start again.

I also installed your "mid" start menu cab before I soft reset.

Any ideas?

Titanium seems to be really flaky for me

I've used the mid and the clear start menu with this and no problems so far. Actually with beta 6, I haven't been able to "break" titanium yet. In beta 4 and earlier, I would lose it within 30 minutes of flashing/hard reset. Now I have tf3d installed, and can switch back and forth also. In earlier versions, the htc task manager would break it, but I have that now too. I thought the flakiness was a thing of the past, I still have trouble with start menu not wanting to show sometimes(still works if you know where to press though) until soft reset. I've been running beta 6 for two days now and ( knock on wood) have it working very well so far. When titanium won't start now though, I just delete the files(like these) that caused it and all's good again.
18th February 2009, 12:14 PM |#26  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois

Donate to Me
More
I really didn't try Test 6 since he released Test 7 just after I flashed it lol.

But Titanium seems really flaky for me, I know its beta, so its expected. I've had 3 programs that seem to crash it, but it could have been coincidence, especially if they work fine for other people.

Has anyone rearranged all the apps in the start menu? I put everything into folders. That's the only other thing I did along with your changes before I soft reset.
18th February 2009, 07:28 PM |#27  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
I found my phone was flaky for some reason. I did a hard reset and it is working now. So let me get this straight....
- Chome.dll contains the plugin ID's
- Titanium cpr is the layout code

So editing the Titanium cpr is all that is needed to enable/disable, change order, or otherwise modify the homescreen?
18th February 2009, 08:01 PM |#28  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois

Donate to Me
More
I hard reset this morning as well.

After a hard reset, I copied over the new cmhome.dll and Titanium cpr file, and I installed the Start Menu layout I wanted, all before installing any apps.

Then I went through and installed a few apps at a time and soft reset after about 3-4 at a time.

When I did it this way, nothing broke Titanium like it did last time.

So now my only problems are:

- Notifications seem to quit working after a while (for SMS/Email)

- The wallpaper for Titanium seems to get out of whack after running some apps and/or notifications popup. This is a Titanium bug because when closing it the Today wallpaper is fine and the background of the start menu is fine

- If a program doesn't natively support VGA, the menus are messed up or don't display at all. Da_G informed us of this when he released v7.

So *maybe* the OP could fix the wallpaper issue with Titanium since it only applied to Titanium.
18th February 2009, 08:11 PM |#29  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How do you get that weather tab?
19th February 2009, 03:58 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can the home page text be made smaller
19th February 2009, 04:40 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

I found my phone was flaky for some reason. I did a hard reset and it is working now. So let me get this straight....
- Chome.dll contains the plugin ID's
- Titanium cpr is the layout code

So editing the Titanium cpr is all that is needed to enable/disable, change order, or otherwise modify the homescreen?

The only way I could change order or enable plugins was through the cmhome.dll, maybe there's another way. To disable a plugin, just go to registry and add a "Disabled" DWord value under a plugin and make it 0(or 1 to enable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drieves1

How do you get that weather tab?

I'm converting it from smartphone version I made last year. I will release with cab soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmob123

Can the home page text be made smaller

Yes, by editing the titanium_480x640.cpr file(located in your windows directory). Its pretty easy to understand/edit using Notepad on pc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)