1st September 2009, 11:57 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holland, Houten
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdor

With ENERGY ROM and 1.14.25.35 radio, I get GPS lock in 10-30 seconds on first use of the day and within 5-10 seconds in subsequent uses. Just note, that after hard reset or just new flash of ROM, the GPS lock may take more than 2 minutes, as it has to download all ephimeris data.

i agree with you,

but not every one wants the energy rom so we are providing a universal tool that can improov your gps quality.

it is working great for the htc touch pro but also for the htc touch pro 2.

2nd September 2009, 05:26 AM |#22  
Flag City of Bright Lights
Thanks Meter: 95

More
HTC has already released a patch for the GPS, I could never use mine but after installing the program 3-7 seconds and I'm good
2nd September 2009, 08:29 AM |#23  
Flag Central Texas
Thanks Meter: 250

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonius123

guys,

sorry that some of you must hard reset your device.
but we fixed that in version 1.1

and fone_fanatic we dont have any problem any more with the gps.
we want to help the comunitie as a company!

greats antonius

You still have yet to explain how this program exactly "Fixes" the gps.

What regedits/tweaks does it make?

your vagueness is causing me to view this as a sketchy app.
2nd September 2009, 09:31 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holland, Houten

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fone_fanatic

You still have yet to explain how this program exactly "Fixes" the gps.

What regedits/tweaks does it make?

your vagueness is causing me to view this as a sketchy app.

20 or more registry tweaks to set every thing in a correct way.
We have a R&D Team of 9 people working on this project.
So if you dont mind we wont give up what we working on.
Its like you ask us to give our src to the people and we cant do that.

Greatings

Antonius
ITDev Solutions Researche Team
2nd September 2009, 09:32 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holland, Houten

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkz914

HTC has already released a patch for the GPS, I could never use mine but after installing the program 3-7 seconds and I'm good

witch program do you mean ?
Our patch or that from htc ?
2nd September 2009, 10:35 AM |#26  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 460

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonius123

20 or more registry tweaks to set every thing in a correct way.

How do you know what is the correct way? Is your team specialized in GPS development?
2nd September 2009, 10:36 AM |#27  
Flag Wroclaw
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm new to Raphael, but from my experience it looks like HTC patch solves the problem, after installing it I get a lock in 1 minute, and then gps works like a charm until I turn it off (I mean any gps software like AutoMapa, GPS test, VisualGPSce). When I run it again, the problem comes back, and installing the HTC patch again solves the problem again.

To make sure, i did test the gps, with Raphael in the same position (by the window). And I also did the tweaks with the registry.
2nd September 2009, 11:15 AM |#28  
Flag Lewisville Texas
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I Never really had a problem with GPS on the stock ROM with the Fuze, however at times it could take 3 minutes standing outside with updated aGPS to get a lock. Two days ago I finally got around to installing the HTC update for the phone and now I can get locks inside near windows in under 10 seconds which was not possible before.

On the original ROM the fastest I ever saw was 30 seconds and an average of about a minute typically. Ive fired up GPS at least 20 times now in the last few days and every time I get a solid lock in less than 10 seconds.

To the OP:

Your tool could be very handy, but like most people I do not install random programs on my phone without knowing what they are going to do to it. You do not have to give out all of your secrets, but knowing what your app is going to do to the phone will make more people feel comfortable with installing it. A lot of people have tweaked a lot on their phones and having to set all of that up again is not an appealing notion. Which is why its taken me until now to install the month's old HTC update.
2nd September 2009, 02:43 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
There is a problem in FUZE GPS which causes ephomeris data in GPS to get corrupted. The HTC patch just cleans that data. I have extracted the .exe from patch here. So no need to install the patch, just copy this to you fuze and run this if you have problem with GPS. Once can download the fix from HTC site itself. The one I have attached in for GSM version for US.

You can also use sirftech and send GPS cold init.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CleanGPSData.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.5 KB, 88 views)
2nd September 2009, 03:26 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holland, Houten

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim011

How do you know what is the correct way? Is your team specialized in GPS development?

Yes the team and the company is specialized in gps development but more importent where most of the problems is the windows platform.
We are direct partners to microsoft to develop this kind of solutions.
2nd September 2009, 03:29 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holland, Houten

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10332007

I Never really had a problem with GPS on the stock ROM with the Fuze, however at times it could take 3 minutes standing outside with updated aGPS to get a lock. Two days ago I finally got around to installing the HTC update for the phone and now I can get locks inside near windows in under 10 seconds which was not possible before.

On the original ROM the fastest I ever saw was 30 seconds and an average of about a minute typically. Ive fired up GPS at least 20 times now in the last few days and every time I get a solid lock in less than 10 seconds.

To the OP:

Your tool could be very handy, but like most people I do not install random programs on my phone without knowing what they are going to do to it. You do not have to give out all of your secrets, but knowing what your app is going to do to the phone will make more people feel comfortable with installing it. A lot of people have tweaked a lot on their phones and having to set all of that up again is not an appealing notion. Which is why its taken me until now to install the month's old HTC update.

we dont give away ouwer sourche code becose we arent also editing the registry but much more.
for the htc touch pro 2 alot of people like it and it works like a charm.

becose we are an company we dont add other stuff than for the gps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)