[Updated 02-05-12] ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.8 port for the HTC Chacha.

Search This thread

Moody

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
I would like to tell that on the 28th of July, it'll be both my birthday *hurray* :D and I will be going on vacation for two weeks. That means I won't respond to anything, and will (probably) have a lot of reading to do once I get back :p

Just so you guys know I won't throw the mute-hammer on you ;)
images

Last edited:

geek78

Jan 22, 2006
Around Paris
I would like to tell that on the 28th of July, it'll be both my birthday *hurray* :D and I will be going on vacation for two weeks. That means I won't respond to anything, and will (probably) have a lot of reading to do once I get back :p

Just so you guys know I won't throw the mute-hammer on you ;)
images

LOL

for your french azerty update zip you need only this file. I have done the necessary changes ;)

Attachments

• chacha-keypad.kl.zip
    863 bytes · Views: 34
Y

yoicks

Fn+key map

After the ClockworkMod recovery, two of my Fn+key's map got switched with other characters. Before Fn+Y used to give me an @, which is what is printed on the keyboard, but now it gives £ (GBP symbol) while Fn+P used to give me ~, also printed on the keybpard, but now it gives an @.

Anyone know how to correct this to have it matching what is actually printed on the keyboard?

geek78

Jan 22, 2006
Around Paris
You have to update chacha-keypad.kl and/or copy your chacha-keypad-xxx.kl to chacha-keypad.kl as i have done it for my azerty device (xxx = your language)

Last edited:
Y

yoicks

You have to update chacha-keypad.kl and/or copy your chacha-keypad-xxx.kl to chacha-keypad.kl as i have done it for my azerty device (xxx = your language)
As far as I can see this is only for the mapping of keys to letters for use without the Fn key. My problem is only with the use of the Fn key and with only two buttons.

mamakap

Feb 22, 2006
After the ClockworkMod recovery, two of my Fn+key's map got switched with other characters. Before Fn+Y used to give me an @, which is what is printed on the keyboard, but now it gives £ (GBP symbol) while Fn+P used to give me ~, also printed on the keybpard, but now it gives an @.

Anyone know how to correct this to have it matching what is actually printed on the keyboard?

I too facing the same problem anyone willing to help?

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
I too facing the same problem anyone willing to help?

Are you sure this is caused by the recovery, or have you flashed an custom rom/update.zip afterwards? If so, you should contact the rom developer.
greetings from Kroatia by the way, I found out after 12 days that they have free wifi over here and will leave in 2 days -__-

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
I wondered if you were back from your hols!

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk

ThiloH

Dec 22, 2010
Me keyboard-layout is messed up too.
And i can't Flash the German.zip, it stops with an error...

Y

yoicks

Are you sure this is caused by the recovery, or have you flashed an custom rom/update.zip afterwards? If so, you should contact the rom developer.
greetings from Kroatia by the way, I found out after 12 days that they have free wifi over here and will leave in 2 days -__-
This happened right after the recovery without even using any custom roms...

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
This happened right after the recovery without even using any custom roms...

Could have something to do with the updatescript applied by the update. If you update using the 1.18 OTA from this forum, do you get the same issues? The characters should be fixed using the keychars file, by the way.

Y

yoicks

Could have something to do with the updatescript applied by the update. If you update using the 1.18 OTA from this forum, do you get the same issues? The characters should be fixed using the keychars file, by the way.
I tried the Superdriod ROM and it had the same problem as well. Right now I don't want to go back to 1.18 as the Arabic in this version is messed up. I have 1.22 that I got OTA.

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
I can donate £10 can't afford any more than that sorry.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk

johnnydeathmatch

Aug 24, 2010
Boise, ID
Couldn't install on AT&T Status

I had the same problem as the other poster with an AT&T Status. Checked the CID and it was the same, CWS__001. Re-downloaded the file and tried again, still no dice.

I did get it to work by opening the android-info.txt file in the PH06img.zip file in notepad and deleting all of the other entries under cidnum except for CWS__001. After that, it flashed just great!

Thought I'd post in case others run in to the same issue.

Reactions: Warudakumi

endabeljio

Nov 20, 2008
I had the same problem as the other poster with an AT&T Status. Checked the CID and it was the same, CWS__001. Re-downloaded the file and tried again, still no dice.

I did get it to work by opening the android-info.txt file in the PH06img.zip file in notepad and deleting all of the other entries under cidnum except for CWS__001. After that, it flashed just great!

Thought I'd post in case others run in to the same issue.

mine HTC__004 and still not working :( hiks

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
I guess there have been a lot of revisions of CWM by now already, I'd like to inform you that I will soon update the CWM port to the latest and greatest version provided by TeamDouche/Koushikdutta

Reactions: myxcon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clockworkmod Recovery for the HTC Chacha.

Please note I don't have the device and therefore can't give any support. I'm sorry.

You will find adlx.xda's cwm HERE [source]
    My older, own CWM 4 port can be found HERE or from the attachments

02-05-12: Updated thread and dropped S-OFF tag.
    15-04-12: adlx.xda has updated his 5.0.2.8.
    05-02-12: adlx.xda has built a 5.0.2.8 CWM Recovery.
    23-01-12: adlx.xda has built a 5.0.2.7 CWM Recovery.
    24-07-11: Updated with huge CID list for ALL s-off users.
    25-07-11: Updated with CWS__001.
    14-10-11: Added original recovery update.zip
    15-10-11: Fixed Error 6 bug for stock recovery

Code:
    Put PH06img.zip on your sdcard, reboot into bootloader mode and flash CWM.

Quick tut to boot into bootloader mode:
    Code:
    Go to settings -> Power -> untick Fastboot
    Turn off the phone
    Hold VOL Down + Power for 5 seconds

If you are already rooted and want to flash the CWM recovery on your Chacha, you can also:

- Use Alex.C's 1 click recovery flasher,
    - Use Goo Manager
    Both applications are available for free on the Market.

-----

Update: Here is the stock recovery.
    You can flash this in order to help you update to version 1.52, which can be found HERE

Code:
    A quick how-to on upgrading version 1.33 to 1.52
    Step 1: Install Stock Recovery
    Step 2: Rename the OTA_blabla.zip into PH06IMG.zip and put it on your SDCard
    Step 3: Flash the image by rebooting into bootloader
    Step 4: Put CWM's PH06IMG.zip on your SDCard again
    Step 5: Flash CWM by rebooting into bootloader.
    CWM HTC Chacha v5.0.2.7 by Adlx

I have built a 5.0.2.7 CWM Recovery, if you want to give it a try: http://www.mediafire.com/?crcwnigbr17dc8s ;)
    I've uploaded a new version of CWM 5.0.2.8, which enables the Power button to select options in the menus, as it is standard and it's what users expects ;)

recovery-5028-3-chacha.img
    in the latest build, the camera is still crashing. by the way do we need to open up a new thread for CM 10.1 development?

I'll open a new thread...
    I've fixed the issue with charging the phone when powered off.

Here is the latest CWM I have built for Chacha:

http://goo-inside.me/devs/adlx/chacha/cwm/recovery-5028-2-chacha.img

If you run SuperOSR or CM7.2 or any rom having flash_image, the easiest way to flash it is via my app 1-click Recovery Flasher, available on the Market (look for "adlx" and you'll find it).