Thanks Meter: 2,727

By dennisxl, Senior Member on 12th May 2012, 11:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2012, 04:11 PM |#11  
Flag Cordoba
Thanks Meter: 545

More
well, here's my first theme for Apex Launcher
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joshuas_79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joshuas_79 Ad-Free
14th May 2012, 06:39 PM |#12  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Nice theme!

I am currently travelling and haven't been able to setup a workable environment for eclipse (I don't have my own pc with me and the shared pc isn't really up to standard).

Would someone be able to compile just a base unthemed apex theme so that for the short time I can do a quick hack to add different images? Yes I know its not ideal but until I get home in 6 weeks, I don't have much choice...

Edit: I just mean a full theme but only using current unmodded apex images.

Sent from my GT-I9000 running CM9 (ICS 4.0.4) using XDA premium app
14th May 2012, 07:03 PM |#13  
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,770

Donate to Me
More
how i load themes on apex ?
14th May 2012, 10:43 PM |#14  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladnosferatu

how i load themes on apex ?

You need the beta. I have pro so might be different. Its in the apex menu > about apex launcher. There is an update option and an option to select whether updates are "stable" or "beta".

The Following User Says Thank You to drakenabarion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drakenabarion Ad-Free
14th May 2012, 11:50 PM |#15  
Flag Leiria

Donate to Me
More
thanks
15th May 2012, 07:40 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakenabarion

Oh great. Well laid out template.

Just to check, I don't need to change XML files if I was to populate the hdpi/mdpi/ldpi folders with images in this template, as everything is already setup to accept those files? I just should delete whichever file entries from the XML that I don't want to theme?

Or has it been setup to only use the files from the XML folder at this point.

I am planning to make a red holo theme but haven't finished downloading the sdk yet. (Travelling, its going to take some time).

Are you talking about icon packs or complete themes? For icon packs, you need to declare your icon images in an XML file. For Apex skins, you probably don't need to change XML files (except strings.xml where you define the basic information about your theme). BTW, there is no xml folder in the provided sample projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opera38205

will these themes be dependent on phone resolution or will they work on any phone with apex launcher because my phone is mdpi and i am worried that my phone will have no themes

Apex themes should work on any phone, but YMMV with each theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveleski

Two suggestions/questions.

A) If a theme supports multiple launchers, potentially /ignore the other configurations and only list Apex? See my screenshot for details. I also noticed that if you add Apex theme support, the Go launcher entry is no longer listed. I think it'd be smart to consolidate a theme (that supports multiple launchers) down to a single entry.

B) Would you be willing to add an intent, similar to GO/ADW.EX, that would allow a theme to direct a user to the Theme Settings activity? I'd really like the ability to bring a user directly to the settings from my dashboard.

Screenshot:

As of the latest beta, both of your suggestions have been addressed. A) Your theme would only appear once in the list even if it supports multiple launchers. B) Please refer to the new "Linking to Apex Theme Settings" section in the tutorial.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dennisxl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dennisxl Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 07:49 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 242

Donate to Me
More
Please consider theme'ing the drawer using Golaunchers appfilter, instead of the icons naming, the icon naming method, is a bit "dated" as where it reacts the same way as ADW does with icons like Honeycombs Youtube icon, and all the angry birds stuff, it just wont accept it. Also, please consider an "iconback" option.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to docsparks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift docsparks Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 08:15 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsparks

Please consider theme'ing the drawer using Golaunchers appfilter, instead of the icons naming, the icon naming method, is a bit "dated" as where it reacts the same way as ADW does with icons like Honeycombs Youtube icon, and all the angry birds stuff, it just wont accept it. Also, please consider an "iconback" option.

Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestion. We will add support for appfilter in the next version, and will consider "iconback" in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to dennisxl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dennisxl Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 08:45 AM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 6,578

Donate to Me
More
I love to use Apex Pro... And I'm waiting for your nice themes

Keep up your great work
15th May 2012, 09:31 PM |#20  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisxl

As of the latest beta, both of your suggestions have been addressed. A) Your theme would only appear once in the list even if it supports multiple launchers. B) Please refer to the new "Linking to Apex Theme Settings" section in the tutorial.

Brilliant! I look forward to the appfilter support as well. Thank you for being so responsive to my suggestions and your continued development.
16th May 2012, 01:30 PM |#21  
Flag Leiria

Donate to Me
More
new APEX version 1.1 with 1552 icons

i2theme v1.1 - APEX i2Theme
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GabrielSousa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GabrielSousa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apex, apex launcher, apex-launcher, icon pack, launcher, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)