Other device and upgrading phone discussion

Search This thread

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
Re: Off-topic other device and upgrading phone discussion

Had the n4 for 2 days well four now and coming back to sgs3. ;).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
Re: Off-topic other device and upgrading phone discussion

What is it you miss about the S3 or don't like about the N4?

Sent from my Wicked-powered SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2

I was getting tired of the sgs3 regarding updates. 5.0 will come soon and we aren't even on 4.2 . once I had the nexus which I got as a replacement due to Tmobile not having sgs3 in stock ( don't ask weird situation). I realized I missed the drop down toggles and how quick it was to silent the phone. There's also no WiFi calling which is only important to me at work since I work in the basement and need to have for my wife and emergency calls. Also lack of SD which I though wasn't going to be an issue is. I hate having to transfer all my pictures and the ones that don't fit I'd rather not have stored on the cloud. I guess aside from getting quick updates and vanilla android, its not such an upgrade for me. It us for others but the sgs3 is more my style for the features that I use it for. :/. Getting a brand new one from Tmobile at non cost due to what happened. I do have to return the n4 though but I think I won in this situation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
In all seriousness... Did anyone happen to get a glimpse at the new sexy phenomenal Galaxy S4?

Freaking thing looks beast! :eek:

EtherealRemnant

I've never been a fan of LG devices... but this is one I might just be tempted to get...

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/1076/lg-smartphone-with-snapdragon-800-soc-benchmarked.html

I knew the Adreno 330 was going to be a beast of a chip but I had no idea it would clock like THAT!

Its a T-Mobile build too... Note the build fingerprint... "lge/g2_tmo_us"

One way or another I'm waiting for Snapdragon 800 devices to drop later this year before upgrading... That's just insane!

EtherealRemnant

Thinking of upgrading from S3 to S4.... Is it worth the money ?????

Early reports say no... And the bootloader is locked as well. They managed to root it but it may be awhile before custom ROMs can be installed. Battery life is worse than the One as well (its marginally better than the battery life of the S3 by early accounts).

If you have an S3, I would recommend waiting at least until Google I/O to see what they have up their sleeves... The Snapdragon 800 devices are coming this year and they look to be beasts... Hell do a Google on "LG D801" and see what I mean...

Tegra 4i is coming too. Its too early to jump into another device in my opinion - the S3 just has so much life left in it.

Reactions: shaharyaraziz

shaharyaraziz

Dec 31, 2010
Point taken, I think i'll wait for a while and will also check out the LG, besides I am addicted to flashing Custom Roms :D..... by the way the toggle 2g app is pretty good for conserving Battery, I have a very heavy Phone usage that includes 4 Email Accounts set on Push and several hours of call time daily and still the battery lasts me the whole day and that app alone is reason enough for me to stay away from phones that are still under early stages of Rom Development. Thanks for the Fast response btw :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use this thread to discuss all other devices besides the S3.
    Thanks
    FNM
    So how about that iPhone 5 huh? ....Guys? Guys? Where did everybody go? :crying:
    I think I would rather buy the HTC one over the S4
    Thinking of upgrading from S3 to S4.... Is it worth the money ?????

Early reports say no... And the bootloader is locked as well. They managed to root it but it may be awhile before custom ROMs can be installed. Battery life is worse than the One as well (its marginally better than the battery life of the S3 by early accounts).

If you have an S3, I would recommend waiting at least until Google I/O to see what they have up their sleeves... The Snapdragon 800 devices are coming this year and they look to be beasts... Hell do a Google on "LG D801" and see what I mean...

Tegra 4i is coming too. Its too early to jump into another device in my opinion - the S3 just has so much life left in it.