[BOOT ANIMATION] Custom Boot Animations

Search This thread

Syrius00

Nov 4, 2012
So Trekkie!

A beautiful animation... THANKS OP!

I got it working by placing the zip into the /data/local folder (please note that the "d" in data is lower case and in Linux pathnames are case sensitive, so at first I could not find the "Data" folder) and setting the permissions to rw- r-- r--. Check the file name and these two things and you'll be set up in no time :D

I am on a (rooted) TF700 with a .18 JB Stock firmware.

redheadplantguy

May 10, 2011
Louisville KY
UOTE=Syrius00;33693763]A beautiful animation... THANKS OP!

I got it working by placing the zip into the /data/local folder (please note that the "d" in data is lower case and in Linux pathnames are case sensitive, so at first I could not find the "Data" folder) and setting the permissions to rw- r-- r--. Check the file name and these two things and you'll be set up in no time :D

I am on a (rooted) TF700 with a .18 JB Stock firmware.[/QUOTE]
absolutely cannot get any animations changed. tried system/media, tried data/local, have changed permissions of partition over and over. i don't understand it. never had the slightest problem changing the one on my TF 201.
someone please help. i hate anything stock.
Update: ROM toolbox will install boot animations. And, unlike others, you can download animations from anywhere, install to micro SD, and it will load up. I can make my own next.
k.

Last edited:

jcp2

absolutely cannot get any animations changed. tried system/media, tried data/local, have changed permissions of partition over and over. i don't understand it. never had the slightest problem changing the one on my TF 201.
someone please help. i hate anything stock.

I also cannot get the bootanimation to work. I am rooted on .20 JB :( I put the zip in data/local on root directory using antTek file explorer. Will someone please upload a video showing the steps on their tf700 if possible? Please and thank you. :fingers-crossed:

mr5

Feb 14, 2008
San Antonio Spurs
I also cannot get the bootanimation to work. I am rooted on .20 JB :( I put the zip in data/local on root directory using antTek file explorer. Will someone please upload a video showing the steps on their tf700 if possible? Please and thank you. :fingers-crossed:

Have you tried to look into the folder [system/media]? depending on YOUR rom the bootanimation location may be different. MY bootanimation location is in system/media, the stock animations are there as well. remember to rename the stock to something like "bootanimationstock.zip" just as a precaution. too their may be a BOOTANIMATION_config txt document which will indicate, where the bootanimation location is and what the file name should be be. I personally did not have to change the file permissions.

jcp2

Have you tried to look into the folder [system/media]? depending on YOUR rom the bootanimation location may be different. MY bootanimation location is in system/media, the stock animations are there as well. remember to rename the stock to something like "bootanimationstock.zip" just as a precaution. too their may be a BOOTANIMATION_config txt document which will indicate, where the bootanimation location is and what the file name should be be. I personally did not have to change the file permissions.

I'll try that when I get home from work tonight. :) I am on stock rom, but rooted. Is it necessary to have the bootloader unlocked to run the custom boot animations?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I'll try that when I get home from work tonight. :) I am on stock rom, but rooted. Is it necessary to have the bootloader unlocked to run the custom boot animations?

Nope, just need root so you can access the file system to copy the bootanimation.zip to the /system/local folder.

jcp2

Need Help!!

Thanks guys! I used root explorer and found put the bootanimation file in system / media. It works awesome :good: thanks again. :)

I tried putting another custom bootanimation like I did successfully with the LCars one. I'm stuck with no boot animation except the initial asus logo, then black screen with only 1/3 of my screen visible in portrait and none in landscape.:( I'm rooted. I've tried cold boots and hard resets. I still only have 1/3 visible screen on lock screen and home screens. Please help.
TIA
John

jcp2

Have you tried to revert back to the original bootanimation? Have you edited anything?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

I couldn't make any changes, because of the limited screen showing. all I could see on my home screen were the bottom two rows. I ended up having to downgrade to ics then re root and upgrade to JB. Yet when I tried three different animations, I ended up with the screen being cut off and no bootanimations. Each time I had to downgrade and re root. I spent hours with no success. I am now back to .20 with root and original animations. I am totally gun shy now. I didn't make any changes to the data/local section (as there were no bootanimations there) I made the changes to system/media. The animation files were renamed to bootanimation_04.zip as indicated by the bootanimation_04.txt file. :(

mr5

Feb 14, 2008
San Antonio Spurs
I couldn't make any changes, because of the limited screen showing. all I could see on my home screen were the bottom two rows. I ended up having to downgrade to ics then re root and upgrade to JB. Yet when I tried three different animations, I ended up with the screen being cut off and no bootanimations. Each time I had to downgrade and re root. I spent hours with no success. I am now back to .20 with root and original animations. I am totally gun shy now. I didn't make any changes to the data/local section (as there were no bootanimations there) I made the changes to system/media. The animation files were renamed to bootanimation_04.zip as indicated by the bootanimation_04.txt file. :(

It's funny you say that...just the same night, i could no longer get the custom boot animation to run. i simply got a strange ANDROID boot animation. however, my tablet continued to run the same as usual. i did however flash another rom. since the flash my boot animation has been running fine. I searched within the device to try and find that stock Android boot animation but had no luck finding it.

jcp2

It's funny you say that...just the same night, i could no longer get the custom boot animation to run. i simply got a strange ANDROID boot animation. however, my tablet continued to run the same as usual. i did however flash another rom. since the flash my boot animation has been running fine. I searched within the device to try and find that stock Android boot animation but had no luck finding it.
That is weird.:confused: I will be picking up a squaretrade warranty soon, but I'll probably wait a while before unlocking and flashing a custom ROM.

mharrall

Jul 6, 2009
Welcome to HuskerWebhead's "Stuff I've made when I should have been working" thread!! I've got a few boot animations I've made for my TF101 and for the TF201, and now for the Infinity. This is the first one I've managed to get modified for the TF700. Made a few modifications and tweaks from the last version, nothing major.

Star Trek LCARS Boot Animation:

Download LCARS Boot Animation

I'll add more as I get the others worked out. Simply download the file and rename it to "bootanimation.zip." Place the file in the /Data/local directory. That should be it! Enjoy!

Standard Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or breakage that may occur to your device.

WOW this is just awesome thanks for such a great work

Milkdudengr

Aug 30, 2013
Welcome to HuskerWebhead's "Stuff I've made when I should have been working" thread!! I've got a few boot animations I've made for my TF101 and for the TF201, and now for the Infinity. This is the first one I've managed to get modified for the TF700. Made a few modifications and tweaks from the last version, nothing major.

I'll add more as I get the others worked out. Simply download the file and rename it to "bootanimation.zip." Place the file in the /Data/local directory. That should be it! Enjoy!

Standard Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or breakage that may occur to your device.

This is a pretty cool animation! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the great boot animation. I was using the one from the TF201 before this. If you want the animation to fit the screen without those lines on the top and the bottom. Just change the size in the desc. file to 1920 1202 5
    hurry up and get al does bootanimations worked out. just kidding bro, that was good work. I like the animation makes me look at the tablet as it boots now.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium
    I'm not rooted so I think that's one of my problems... You know what the other one is :)
    Thanks for the great boot animation. I was using the one from the TF201 before this. If you want the animation to fit the screen without those lines on the top and the bottom. Just change the size in the desc. file to 1920 1202 5

Ah, good call. Thanks, I'll change it.

Thanks for all the compliments. The other's I've tried to convert haven't been very successful. They're not the right resolution and trying to just increase them in the desc file makes it very ugly. I'm going to have to redo some of these from scratch. *grumble grumble*