Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2010, 06:27 AM |#1001  
Flag Modi'in
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

@n0b0, @aronsky
That additional data is specific for mobile GM and mobile GM uses custom communication protocol designed especially for it, so I doubt there is any tool, which is able to download that data. I have enough knowledge to write such tool, no problem, but I don't want to. It would be too... rude. Maybe this is ridiculous, but for me using some simple HTTP protocol is just using it, but using custom, binary protocol is like saying: "Hey, you guys! Your complicated protocol can't stop me, I've just hacked it!". Even if this protocol most probably wasn't created for security, but efficiency.

Fair enough.

@n0b0: Concerning data costs, in Israel, one of the Internet (not cellular!) providers came up with the following neat idea. When you're going abroad, you can rent a cellular modem from them, which works abroad, and the price is much more reasonable than roaming with your phone (I don't remember the exact figures, but it's something like $100 for month, incl. reasonable traffic per day and the modem rental fees). Check with your Internet providers (and maybe cellular providers, as well) - maybe they offer something similar.

18th June 2010, 01:16 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronsky

Fair enough.

@n0b0: Concerning data costs, in Israel, one of the Internet (not cellular!) providers came up with the following neat idea. When you're going abroad, you can rent a cellular modem from them, which works abroad, and the price is much more reasonable than roaming with your phone (I don't remember the exact figures, but it's something like $100 for month, incl. reasonable traffic per day and the modem rental fees). Check with your Internet providers (and maybe cellular providers, as well) - maybe they offer something similar.

A better option is usually to buy a local prepaid SIM card, and just use that.

I've done it in the USA and UK, and it works out to be a lot cheaper than roaming.
18th June 2010, 01:46 PM |#1003  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 17

More
This is fantastic. I never thought I could see Google Navigation for India so soon. Thank you Brut.

Is it possible to change the association for map like activities, from Google Maps to Brut Map? I mean like in the app Places Directory by Google, when you click on the "Navigate" button, it takes you to original Google Navigation app which says "Navigation is not available for your destination". Is it possible to make that click point to Brut Map and not default Google Maps?
18th June 2010, 01:53 PM |#1004  

More
When is a new release coming? I just saw your todo list, those features are really neat; especially the caching. I'd really love it if i could save maps to my sd card so they wouldn't have to be downloaded on the go.

And ofcource: I love your work
18th June 2010, 02:12 PM |#1005  

More
Some things i'd like to see:

In Nav:
compass
2d/3d switch
multitouch
zoom button removal

I know you've implemented these things in the 'normal' part of maps, outside of nav, but it would be quite nice if these things also worked in nav. Thanks anyway for a great app.
n0b0
18th June 2010, 02:17 PM |#1006  

More
I would like if you could force it to use the metric system instead of miles. When you put the system to English it automatically sets the maps app to miles (for example in the measure part). I have tried MoreLocale2, but it didn't solve the problem.
18th June 2010, 02:35 PM |#1007  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerdos

compass
multitouch

I didn't implement them, Google did :)

Quote:

zoom button removal

Easy thing, but this would have sense only if MT would work.

Quote:

2d/3d switch

I'll try, thanks for suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0b0

I would like if you could force it to use the metric system instead of miles. When you put the system to English it automatically sets the maps app to miles (for example in the measure part). I have tried MoreLocale2, but it didn't solve the problem.

Yeah, good idea, thanks.
18th June 2010, 05:40 PM |#1008  

More
Brut, what is the likelihood of the official Froyo Apps2SD being implemented?
18th June 2010, 06:41 PM |#1009  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasjim

Err... what? ;)
18th June 2010, 08:52 PM |#1010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasjim

None. Google Maps has Latitude and the Live Wallpaper. There is no way they're going to let it be installed on the SD card.
19th June 2010, 12:55 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
if i remove the original maps, can Car Home find Brut?

Or the question should be, can one force Car Home to use Brut?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brut, buzz, google maps, navigation, offline

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)