[APPMOD][07.11.10] Brut Google Maps 4.6.0.4686-brut17

1,471 posts
Thanks Meter: 353

By Brut.all, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th February 2010, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2010, 06:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@Brut.all, would you mind please adding MD5 sums to your first post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

... Download: ...

Thanks

10th February 2010, 06:55 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I really like this app and works well for me appart the known bugs.

do you see any way to fix them? especially the voice guidance? is this due to the proxy solution?
10th February 2010, 07:07 AM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan.fekete

Problem: The My Tracks and My Maps Editor apps are force closing on startup now. Any soltuion? I tried even uninstalling this 4.0 version and puting back the maps from the DRC83_base_defanged.zip, but did not help.

This might have something to do with the command below. As written, it will find and delete not only Maps, but also the My Maps Editor:

Code:
C:\>adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*maps.apk\* -o -name Maps.apk
/data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected]
/data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected]
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.maps.apk
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.mymaps.apk
Quote:

Code:
adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*maps.apk\* -o -name Maps.apk \| xargs rm

10th February 2010, 09:31 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For peaople who are runing CM or other Mods based on google development ROMs, I find a solution how to restore the broken functionality of the applications that use google maps framework (e.g. My Track, My Maps Editor, etc.)

This will restore the original Google Maps. You can update it latter from the Market (for me it finds no updates). After this, you can use the bruts.all stand alone (alternative) version to get the full navigation and other stuff (maps 4.0) without messing up the framework file that other apps use for maps display and manipulation.

First go here and download this: DCR83_base_defanged.zip
(I'can post URLs, find you base image, for Magic 32A it is named DRC83_base_defanged.zip, for othe take a look at the CM wiki)

Connect your phone to the PC, enable debugging and make sure the ADB is working.

Uninstall the current Google Maps (hacked or stock whatever) by using this:
Code:
adb remount
adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*maps.apk\* -o -name Maps.apk \| xargs rm
adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
(for me this xargs rm is not working. I use only the find command, then delete one file at time by using RM)

Now extract from the DRC83_base_defanged.zip, the system\app\com.google.maps.apk to c:\com.google.maps.apk

Use ADB to install:
Code:
adb install c:\com.google.maps.apk
Then extract from the DRC83_base_defanged.zip , the System/Framework/com.google.android.maps.jar, to c:\com.google.android.maps.jar

Then run these commands:

Code:
adb remount
adb push c:\com.google.android.maps.zip /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
REBOOT THE PHONE

After this, install the maps4.0.0-brut4-alt.apk (alt) maps, and you will have best of the both worlds, e.g. Old Google Maps (3.1) working, all applications that use google map working, and the new Google Maps (Name: Maps) working, with navigation and stuff. Bravo for Brut and other people who made it happen!
10th February 2010, 09:56 AM |#15  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 353

More
@Neejay, @neok44: the most of google maps floating here around were built by me or were rebuilt from my version, so it isn't a "good start" ;) and it naturally shares bugs with other versions.

About update.zip: hmm... I try to avoid creating 50 different versions. Now I have 2 versions, if I allow to choose modded or normal navi, then I will have 4. Apk or update.zip? - 8 different files. With or without zoom buttons? - 16.

"alt" version is a must, cause changes are in AndroidManifest.xml, so it isn't possible to change it after built. In last revision (rev4) I have saved my ass from version for Eclairs and Donutters, cause previous maps with MT was force-closing on stock Donut.

I will always try to find alternative to creating masses of subversions with different installation instructions and there actually is alternative to update.zip - very useful app Nav Launcher, which will do everything for you. I will add something about it to first post and try to cooperate with canadiancow, so Nav Launcher will install newest version right after I will release it.

Quote:

Problem: The My Tracks and My Maps Editor apps are force closing on startup now. Any soltuion? I tried even uninstalling this 4.0 version and puting back the maps from the DRC83_base_defanged.zip, but did not help.

It is known from 3.4.0 version of maps and as far as I know these problems occurs on original maps too :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootley

@Brut.all, would you mind please adding MD5 sums to your first post?

Yes, thanks for reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootley

This might have something to do with the command below. As written, it will find and delete not only Maps, but also the My Maps Editor:

I have copied commands from someone's else thread, but you're right: it will remove MME too. I will try to fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brut.all For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brut.all Ad-Free
10th February 2010, 12:11 PM |#16  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Amazing work!... Int Nav & Buzz layer working fine in Nexus One CM5 Beta3
10th February 2010, 12:11 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

It is known from 3.4.0 version of maps and as far as I know these problems occurs on original maps too :-/

Could be, but I can't live without these aps

Anyway, using the instructions I written above, it is possible to restore the framework and maps apk to the stock version (for me it is 3.1.2), and use everything normaly, and also to install your ALT version of the maps 4.0 with ruting, navigation and other stuff. I can't wish for more, live is beautiful
10th February 2010, 12:40 PM |#18  
Flag Kojetín
Thanks Meter: 0

More
update.zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoth

How about the zip version. Thanks in advance.

Here: http://www.4shared.com/file/21898358.../_2__Mapy.html
10th February 2010, 01:50 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

Quote:

For peaople who are runing CM or other Mods based on google development ROMs, I find a solution how to restore the broken functionality of the applications that use google maps framework (e.g. My Track, My Maps Editor, etc.)

Quote:

Quote:

Anyway, using the instructions I written above, it is possible to restore the framework and maps apk to the stock version (for me it is 3.1.2), and use everything normaly, and also to install your ALT version of the maps 4.0 with ruting, navigation and other stuff. I can't wish for more, live is beautiful

I never had this problem. I had "My Maps Editor" and "My Tracks" (both by Google) installed, followed Brut.all's instructions (the root apk, not the alt) with one exception (below), and those 2 apps continue to work fine. Of course, Brut.all's Maps works too.

The only thing I did differently was to avoid inadvertently removing the apks and dalvik cache's for either of the 2 apps, which are:
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.mymaps.apk
/data/app/com.google.android.maps.mytracks.apk
/data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected] s.dex
/data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected] ses.dex

None of this process ever involves /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
10th February 2010, 01:54 PM |#20  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Post Google Maps Installer
Google Maps v4.0.0 #4046 ADB Installer
Install Code by me & Google Maps Mod by Brut.all

Info:
Update Code 11/02/2010: Fix "Remove Old Maps Data", you can use now on My Track & My Maps Editor. ( thanks to scootley )

Testet on:
CM 4.2.x
Super-D 1.7 - 1.9.x
where it still works?...give me feed back!

HowTo:
  1. Connect Device on Windows PC
  2. Download my Installer & Extract it
  3. Start Install.bat
  4. wait moment... Finish

Have phun

Brut4_Maps4.0.0_Installer.zip
MD5: F92BE4EC05CEB27E70147B7402EB00FF

ADB_TREIBER_x86_x64_v08.11.2009.zip
MD5: 065F32B32E32C6B853D269F39CB85CC6
10th February 2010, 02:13 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woSaa

Google Maps v4.0.0 #4046 ADB Installer
Install Code by me & Google Maps Mod by Brut.all

This installer will also inadvertently delete the "My Maps Editor" apk. Not good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brut, buzz, google maps, navigation, offline

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)