Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2010, 02:13 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woSaa

Google Maps v4.0.0 #4046 ADB Installer
Install Code by me & Google Maps Mod by Brut.all

This installer will also inadvertently delete the "My Maps Editor" apk. Not good.

10th February 2010, 02:21 PM |#22  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootley

This installer will also inadvertently delete the "My Maps Editor" apk. Not good.

No, only uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
10th February 2010, 02:37 PM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woSaa

No, only uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

The zip file that you have attached contains a file called "Install.bat"
Within that file, there is this:
Code:
ECHO -Remove old Maps DATA
adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*maps.apk\* -o -name Maps.apk -delete
This command will end up finding and deleting these 2 items if they are installed:
/data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected] s.dex
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.mymaps.apk

That is bad
10th February 2010, 02:49 PM |#24  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The zip file that you have attached contains a file called "Install.bat"
Within that file, there is this:

Code:
ECHO -Remove old Maps DATA
adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*maps.apk\* -o -name Maps.apk -delete
This command will end up finding and deleting these 2 items if they are installed:
/data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected] s.dex
/data/app/com.google.android.apps.mymaps.apk

That is bad

Okey thanks for Info
10th February 2010, 04:05 PM |#25  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

@Neejay, @neok44: the most of google maps floating here around were built by me or were rebuilt from my version, so it isn't a "good start" ;) and it naturally shares bugs with other versions.

About update.zip: hmm... I try to avoid creating 50 different versions. Now I have 2 versions, if I allow to choose modded or normal navi, then I will have 4. Apk or update.zip? - 8 different files. With or without zoom buttons? - 16.

"alt" version is a must, cause changes are in AndroidManifest.xml, so it isn't possible to change it after built. In last revision (rev4) I have saved my ass from version for Eclairs and Donutters, cause previous maps with MT was force-closing on stock Donut.

I will always try to find alternative to creating masses of subversions with different installation instructions and there actually is alternative to update.zip - very useful app Nav Launcher, which will do everything for you. I will add something about it to first post and try to cooperate with canadiancow, so Nav Launcher will install newest version right after I will release it.

I have copied commands from someone's else thread, but you're right: it will remove MME too. I will try to fix it.

I apologize then, did not realize you were the original creator.

So after reading this, it seems like 4.0 will always have issues or is there some chance that it will eventually be like the last one where you just do a flash, it overwrites the maps.apk and everything works fine
10th February 2010, 04:17 PM |#26  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:

The only thing I did differently was to avoid inadvertently removing the apks and dalvik cache's for either of the 2 apps, which are:

I wonder why someone in the past wrote it as such while we know precise apk name. From then everyone has copied it to his own instructions.

Could someone on Windows try this? :
Code:
adb shell find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk \| xargs ls -l
It won't delete anything, only print affected files.

And I have no idea, why someone are missing /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar - it shouldn't be deleted by these commands, because it has "jar", not "apk" extension. I'm attaching file copied from Android SDK. just unpack it and run:

Code:
adb remount
adb push com.google.android.maps.jar /system/framework/
Attached Files
File Type: zip com.google.android.maps.zip - [Click for QR Code] (154.3 KB, 159 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Brut.all For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brut.all Ad-Free
10th February 2010, 04:36 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

And I have no idea, why someone are missing /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar - it shouldn't be deleted by these commands, because it has "jar", not "apk" extension. I'm attaching file copied from Android SDK. just unpack it and run:

Code:
adb remount
adb push com.google.android.maps.jar /system/framework/

Brut, I think that the google maps framework is messed up by somthing else, not by your release of the Maps. Since other people are also having problems with FC on gmaps connected applications, I will investigate on plain CM install and test this. Push the com.google.maps.jar back to the /system/framework did solve the problem for me, I'm not sure for the version from SDK.
10th February 2010, 04:37 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

Could someone on Windows try this? :

Code:
adb shell find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk \| xargs ls -l

C:\>adb shell find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk \| xargs ls -l
'xargs' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

It works with quotes and no \ before the |:
C:\>adb shell "find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk | xargs ls -l"
-rw-r--r-- 1 system system 2729463 Feb 10 16:30 /data/app/com.google.android.apps.maps.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 system app_31 1817144 Feb 10 16:30 /data/dalvik-cache/[email protected]@[email protected] dex

Note that I've already installed your version and thus deleted the original from /system/app

By the way, the Windows command prompt escape character is '^', so this works, too:
adb shell find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk ^| xargs ls -l
or this:
adb shell find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk "|" xargs ls -l
10th February 2010, 06:16 PM |#29  
Flag In front of you!
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Works great so far on my Magic with CM.. although when you have buzz layar you cant see the measure distance button but its perhaps like this on the Google maps from the start.
10th February 2010, 06:25 PM |#30  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
hi, just wanted to mention a way of installing apk from terminal, without getting [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] error when running an apps2sd

Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t application/vnd.android.package-archive -d file:///sdcard/YOUR_APK_FILE.apk
makes Androids Package Manager pop up

script it to save typing
you could even use $1 in place of /sdcard/YOUR_APK_FILE.apk to have script install apk you specify e.g. 'sh MyApkInstall.sh /<full_path_to>/MyApkFile.apk'
handy for installing a file Manager / BackUp app
10th February 2010, 07:19 PM |#31  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan.fekete

Brut, I think that the google maps framework is messed up by somthing else, not by your release of the Maps. Since other people are also having problems with FC on gmaps connected applications, I will investigate on plain CM install and test this.

Maybe.

It isn't good because CM doesn't have this file since Cyanogen's C&D, so even reinstalling rom won't help.

Quote:

[FONT="Courier New"]C:\>adb shell "find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk | xargs ls -l"

Thanks, I have updated first post. I think, that Michel Racic proposed such syntax much earlier in different thread, but then I simplified it using "-delete" ;)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brut, buzz, google maps, navigation, offline

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)