Thanks Meter: 353

By Brut.all, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th February 2010, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2010, 03:59 AM |#501  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re: [APPMOD][05.05.10] Brut Google Maps 4.1.1.4156-brut9
Hey just using it now and it tells me like at the last second to turn no warning saying turn coming up just turn now lol any way to fix that to give me more notice... Thanks

Sent from my Nexus One using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

7th May 2010, 04:27 AM |#502  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdamon

Hey just using it now and it tells me like at the last second to turn no warning saying turn coming up just turn now lol any way to fix that to give me more notice... Thanks

Sent from my Nexus One using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

I wish there was a list of known issues somewhere obvious.
7th May 2010, 04:50 AM |#503  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

More
hey do u need data for this to work? and if not can i make a request for a future feature (downloading maps)
7th May 2010, 07:16 AM |#504  

More
I have just downloaded new version 4.1.1.4156-brut9.apk but when I try to install in on my Xperia x10 my phone reboots every signle time without letting me to install it. Also my nav launcher won't work, it says "you have chose to use the modified brut.all version of google maps, but you do not have latest version installed" and give me the link to install, it then downloads 4.1.1.4156-brut9.apk and once the installation begins the phone restarts itself. Can anyone help me please ?
7th May 2010, 07:22 AM |#505  
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancow

yer but i guess he cant really just make a website up without google shutting it down

do you get the last sec turn now 2?
7th May 2010, 07:58 AM |#506  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdamon

yer but i guess he cant really just make a website up without google shutting it down

Yeah, I would have some issue tracker and wiki, but it would be far too much :)

I will try to keep TODO, issues and FAQ up-to-date in first post.
7th May 2010, 02:05 PM |#507  

More
I hate UIs. ~3hrs wasted just to add info & credits to Brut Mod screen :-/ I would make some code-wonders in this time :-/
7th May 2010, 02:05 PM |#508  
Flag Kanata
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themapleboy

hey do u need data for this to work? and if not can i make a request for a future feature (downloading maps)

It has exactly the same requirements as Google Nav, as it is almost the same code with some brilliant tweaks to enable navigation to work outside of the currently Google blessed regions (basically works everywhere Google Maps works). Given that Google Nav needs data and does very limited caching of the route and not the map tiles, Brut.all's version has the same requirements.

Having said all that, I believe he is looking at adding tile caching to a future version but it is a non trivial addition.
7th May 2010, 02:08 PM |#509  
Flag Kanata
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Only suggestion I have is to do what Amon_RA has done and put the disclaimers and limitation in a large red font right at the front of the first post, before the actual description, changelog, etc.

Unfortunately making things fool proof is almost impossible.
7th May 2010, 03:02 PM |#510  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themapleboy

Yes you do, and that's not a practical suggestion. The route must be calculated on the server, so downloading maps won't help with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

Yeah, I would have some issue tracker and wiki, but it would be far too much :)

I will try to keep TODO, issues and FAQ up-to-date in first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheone

Only suggestion I have is to do what Amon_RA has done and put the disclaimers and limitation in a large red font right at the front of the first post, before the actual description, changelog, etc.

Unfortunately making things fool proof is almost impossible.

Clearly, no one understood my sarcasm, as that issue is clearly outlined in the OP.
7th May 2010, 04:48 PM |#511  

More

Yeah, I did it! And it took me just 4 hours! I'm a god!

Seriously, how such thing should be done? I didn't have any problems with adding text element nor even mixing PreferenceScreen with custom layout. But I needed 4hrs to give this f* TextView Android-like look.

I don't like apps that look like they were created for different platform. These white-text-on-black lists are everywhere on Android, so I wanted to give this TextView consistent look with below preferences. I searched for some standard element, style, etc., but found nothing. If I use ListView or PreferenceScreen, then this style is a default, but how to use it in normal TextView? I had to look into Android sources and copy XML attrs of simple_list_item_1, but this is totally stupid.

Now I'm going to add some link to XDA thread and I want to give him a link-like look. See you in five hours!

Did I said already, that I hate UIs?

P.S.
canadiancow: now you now, why it was funny to me, when you asked me on IRC about something on Android app development ;)

[EDIT]

Ahh and still look isn't consistent because preferences have different left padding :-/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device2.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	322699  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brut, buzz, google maps, navigation, offline

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)