Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2012, 04:32 PM |#101  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
@Hammouri87:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=how+do+...2-27&sp=-1&sk=

I swear, I'm going to start just reporting people who ask incredibly basic questions, then repeat them after the answer was given because they don't know how to read... On the Q&A forum that might be acceptable but this is dev&hacking and if you can't follow a basic four-sentence paragraph that gives you *two* different ways to answer your question, maybe you shouldn't be trying to mod your phone...
9th February 2012, 05:40 PM |#102  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Resounding agreement.
The Following User Says Thank You to VenezuelaDan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VenezuelaDan Ad-Free
9th February 2012, 06:02 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
–°otulla, thanks for the great work on this project
9th February 2012, 06:57 PM |#104  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Unhappy Pulling my Hair Out!!!
Here is my setup....

Samsung 1.3
Windows 7x64
Samung drivers installed.
WMDC 6.1.6965
Zune Installed

Running DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe.....

Recognizes. Click Next...

Cannot get past this point.

Help Please...
9th February 2012, 09:45 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
@h8uman
I had the same problem with my omnia 7 and win7x64 and I just tried several times and I did it so maybe you will too.
9th February 2012, 10:10 PM |#106  
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 759

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

@fraincs: Yes. It completley wipes all storage on the device and overwrites it with a new system. It's the equivalent of reformatting your PC to install a different copy of Windows or Linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

No need to hard-reset beforehand, but the process of installing a custom ROM completely wipes the phone (deeper than just a hard reset, as those leave ROM alone and just wipe data; this wipes both ROM and data).

Not quite. This method does not seem to be the same as flashing an OEM ROM with the official tool. I did a test where I dumped my vanilla ROM, hard reset my phone, then changed some things like keyboards and region+language settings. I then flashed the ROM I dumped without resetting anything and all the settings I changed before the flash stayed, I didn't have to do the first time setup stuff it was just like I hadn't flashed at all. It was a little buggy though, so I hard-reset and then bam as smooth as butter again.

So I would suggest when flashing first go to 'settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' then after your phone says goodbye and as your phone restarts hold VOLDOWN+POWER+CAMERA then flash the new ROM.
9th February 2012, 10:20 PM |#107  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
WOW, interesting find! I was basing my statements on the HTC custom ROM flashing, which is very clear that it wipes your phone. Quite interesting if the Samsung custom ROM flashing tool doesn't.

Any comments from the developers on this one? What stuff survives a flash, and is it critical to always manually hard-reset before flashing?
9th February 2012, 10:40 PM |#108  
Flag Mukwonago

Donate to Me
More
Concerning CSC's it seems that, when flashed as part of an OEM factory firmware, it applies itself to the main OS on the very first boot, kinda like a MS update cab, as 'CSCPackage'. It is then 'inactive' even after hard resetting. When flashing via this custom ROM method it does nothing, it is not reapplied, infact it doesn't even need to be included at all, you can flash without it and suffer no ill effects. This is becuase the files were already included in the OS.D000FF @ CSCPackage. So to modify CSC settings (carrier software customization) you need to edit the files located in CSCPackage.

This is kinda good and kinda bad. Good because we can edit this after the first boot, bad becuase if all you want is a vanilla unmolested ROM with NO carrier/modder settings you are out of luck becuase currently there is no way to edit a dump of your phones vanilla ROM. I have been in contact with AnDim and I sent him my vanilla ROM dump and he is going to see if he can make htcRIE work with it since the OS.D000FF seems to be just a little different than other ROM's and it currently crashes htcRIE.
10th February 2012, 12:00 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary

Concerning CSC's it seems that, when flashed as part of an OEM factory firmware, it applies itself to the main OS on the very first boot, kinda like a MS update cab, as 'CSCPackage'. It is then 'inactive' even after hard resetting. When flashing via this custom ROM method it does nothing, it is not reapplied, infact it doesn't even need to be included at all, you can flash without it and suffer no ill effects. This is becuase the files were already included in the OS.D000FF @ CSCPackage. So to modify CSC settings (carrier software customization) you need to edit the files located in CSCPackage.

This is kinda good and kinda bad. Good because we can edit this after the first boot, bad becuase if all you want is a vanilla unmolested ROM with NO carrier/modder settings you are out of luck becuase currently there is no way to edit a dump of your phones vanilla ROM. I have been in contact with AnDim and I sent him my vanilla ROM dump and he is going to see if he can make htcRIE work with it since the OS.D000FF seems to be just a little different than other ROM's and it currently crashes htcRIE.

When I changed the extention of OS to the supported file types, like .nb, it doesn't crash htcrie
10th February 2012, 12:03 AM |#110  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Is there any near future support from DFT for LG win 7 mobiles. ?

I have a LG Quantum and really want to taste the freedom ROM.
10th February 2012, 12:19 AM |#111  
Flag Mukwonago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinkstor

When I changed the extention of OS to the supported file types, like .nb, it doesn't crash htcrie

The dump from your phone or the file from the DFT ROM? I can open/dump the DFT OS.D000FF just fine, but the OS.D000FF created when you dump your phones ROM will open in htcRIE but you can not extract the partitions from it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)