[21/09/13][KERNEL][JB] Prototype kernel #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MihaiA7X

Jan 10, 2013
flashed new build and phone randomly freezes, also in antutu cpu master i dont see new freqs...sorry

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
It would take only 5 mins to make it cm compatible
But I won't be coming in my hardcore kernel hacking mode right now and you can find the reason in my sign.
I was able to put many new freqs in the kernel and added stuff like init.d, govs etc. Will give you guys detailed changelog after few hours.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

Not sure that 5 mins. We need new ramdisk, and some changes in the kernel.

Tapatalk 4 Bétával küldve HTC Desire X-ről

ReSkid

Apr 4, 2012
Which Kernel source did you take to compile this? Region Code and Description number? :)

azraelcelt

Mar 19, 2013
Christchurch
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
havent seen this dealine i/o scheduler before thats new but rest in no frills cpu control seems to be the same and which I/O would be the better one to go with nexus or protoype-U ?

ps waiting patiently for new governers smartarse v2 was my fav my no longer can use it :(

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
havent seen this dealine i/o scheduler before thats new but rest in no frills cpu control seems to be the same and which I/O would be the better one to go with nexus or protoype-U ?

ps waiting patiently for new governers smartarse v2 was my fav my no longer can use it :(

I will do a kernel revamp right now. I had lot of govs in my mind but they dont seem to be comfortable with 3.4 kernel sources

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Downloaded and flashed, booting...

EDIT: Booted! Will test write protection later. On MIUI port by xpirt this will change a custom theme to default again.

Last edited:

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Changelog till now:
-Added makefile optimizations
-Added frandom module
-New govs
-Removed ROW(this was the cause of lag in previous version)
-Added Prototype Engine(Under heavy development)
-Might be adding some more stuff tomorrow

FYI, I wont be adding more io schedulers(m sure) and govs(not sure) after the next release because we already have loads of em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    34gpulh.jpg

b63vjc.png

--System protection removed
    --Init.d support
    --6 freqs for ultimate backup
    245mhz
    320mhz
    480mhz
    600mhz
    800mhz
    1008mhz
    --7 governors for cpu scaling
    lulzactive
    ondemandX
    intellidemand
    hyper
    conservative
    ondemand
    smartassV2
    performance
    --5 schedulers for I/O handling
    noop
    deadline
    cfq
    vr
    bfq
    test-io
    --Prototype Engine(still wip) for fast booting and overall performance
    --Perflock disabled
    --Makefile optimizations for arm7
    --CPUspy fix
    --Frandom module inbuilt
    --Build using latest linaro 4.8 toolchain
    --Optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    --RLE support

347jps5.png

Open cmd in fastboot directory.
    Put the boot.img in that directory
    Enter this in cmd:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

2gvkemt.png

Need reports

Sources
    Changelog

2b19go.png

Latest is #12

Build #1 Download
    Code:
    -System Write protections removed

Build #14 Dwonload
    Code:
    -Added more freqs
    -Added more io schedulers
    -Added init.d support
    -Removed perflock
    -Added swap
    -Remove sio

Build #24 Download
    Code:
    -Added makefile optimizations
    -Added frandom module
    -New govs
    -Removed ROW(this was the cause of lag in previous version)
    -Added Prototype Engine(Under heavy development) 
    -Added sio
    -Restore stock freqs

Build #30 Download
    Code:
    -CPUspy fix
    -1 more frequency

Build #30(ramdisk change) Dwonload
    Code:
    -Unsecure boot.img
    -Flexible adb

Build #55 Download
    Code:
    RLE support 
    Ramdisk change thanks to     [user=830797]@ckpv5[/user]
    Freq change 
    Wake lock enabled
    Ondemand added
    Compiled with linaro 4.8
    swap removed
    Add optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    Fixed cfq
    Test-io added
    Cifs and md4 support(unconfirmed)
    And maybe few small things here and there which I dont remember

Build #12 Download
    Code:
    -Based on linux kernel 3.4.1
    -Optimised source codes. More than 5000 lines of code modified and added. Lot of drivers updated.
    -Zram added and works properly.
    -Swap added
    -ROW added
    -Removed ****ty govs and added the only ones I use.
    -Stock freq set
    -KSM enabled by default
    -Logo changed 
    -Smartass2 and bfq are set to default
    -Music playback bug fixed(tested)
    #40 engine has been loaded on our ship. This one seems to be the latest engine according to our captain cuz he made it. He has tightened all the loose screws in it and the fuel pipes which were overflowing earlier have now been fixed. So now there won't be any abrupt stopping of the engine. This will make the passenger's happy as they were complaining about sudden blackouts in their bedrooms and their children getting scared because of it. Its been 2 hours since the engine has been installed aboard and the spark plugs are working fine, the electricity supply is smooth with no alterations. We also borrowed some nuts and bolts from our fellow captain cpkv5 so that engineering can be made easy.

*Rumours have it that our captain has put in a secret feature in the #40 engine.. we tried to make him talk but he says that it belongs to "prototype-engine" and he won't reveal it. Dunno wtf he means by that engine.. but he says its the heart of our Android ship. We know nothing about where this prototype engine gets manafactured so its still a mystery for all of us.

For all those who want to buy this new engine, have to wait for a week or so before this comes out officially in market. Till then I, subordinate captain of this ship, will always be in your service.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app
    Thanks for those kind words everyone :D I really appreciate that.
    The only thing which concerns me right now is the stability of the kernel. I am aware of those screen not turning on and random reboot problems and I am still looking for a way to fix them. What I have learned till now is that these problems come only with deadline, atleast me and various other users reported that they were using deadline, and to confirm this I will like you to test various govs n shed combinations over this week or two and give me reports of any reboots, dont forget to mention the combination you are running! This would help me get into the core of this problemo :)

Now lets talk about the future plans eh? Umm.. I will start releasing stuff from next month which means no more builds for y'all for this month. Dont get too greedy for it :p 4 builds are ALOT :eek:

PEACE!
    Wheew! After 5 hours of continuous debugging I finally upgraded this kernel from 3.4.0 to 3.4.21!! The proof is in the attachment. Cant really comment on the stability right now cuz its been only 5 mins since I flashed it. Booting was laggy(I have loads of things on startup) but after leaving the phone to load for 20 sec its super smooth now