[Guide] *NOOB's* guide to flashing FROYO <> With the GB release

Search This thread

iliamais

Apr 14, 2012
Hello again.

Hey Lumin how are you? I have another question if you could please. How come I can not play Facebook games on my device and never could something like Bejeweled blitz, Solitare blitz, and so on. Every time I get there it tells me to download upgrade to flash and after i click on it it takes me to playstore, and all it does is shows adobe flash player. I was wondering if you guys came out with something compatable for those games like iphone you can play both of those games, if there is anything that you know can you plese let me know, thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I just wanted to make sure if you got my post about flash players on Samsung galaxy S 4gs, about games from facebook??? Thanks

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Titanium Backup has never rebooted on me between processes. I use the paid version so I don't know if that is the difference. You can also batch uninstall with the paid version. Just an FYI.

a6f9cef9-4bad-9408.jpg

I had not used the batch uninstaller before. This is what I was referring to and experienced every time I used TB to remove a system app.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Lumin

Never used that option before. Force remove app. right? I just go to backup/restore. select the app in question and delete it. It deletes system apps no problem. You might be making it a little harder that way for sure. To get to those you have to long press the app in question if you do you will also see convert to user app. If you used that first then you could delete it the other way as well. Still making it harder than it needs to be but it's fun to play. lol

Galaxy_kit

Jun 26, 2012
Need help rooting my galaxy s. 4g t-mobile please!!

i understand that there were these issues but befor i get started we fixing anything how can i root my GALAXYS S. 4G 2.2.1 FROM T-MOBIL? I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ROOT MY PHONE FOR 4 DAYS AND CANT GET TO WORK? CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME???

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
i understand that there were these issues but befor i get started we fixing anything how can i root my GALAXYS S. 4G 2.2.1 FROM T-MOBIL? I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ROOT MY PHONE FOR 4 DAYS AND CANT GET TO WORK? CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME???

Can you be more specific on what you've done? SuperOneClick should root it for you if all you want is root. There are Froyo ROMs/kernels in the Development section that can be flashed to give you root and other features as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am putting this up for new users of the Samsung Galaxy S 4g that are having issues with flashing, well, pretty much any rom right now.

1) The main issue right now is our recovery and rom manager not working together....NOT THE ROM's!

2) Here is a walk through for problem free flashing (I have officially flashed every rom posted here right now and have no issues whatsoever)

So here we go:

1) I'll start this assuming you have already rooted.

2) Download the update.zip and recovery from HERE

3) Place files on the root of your sdcard (not in any file) DO NOT UNZIP THE UPDATE.ZIP!!!

4) You must have a file system explorer with root permissions (IE...Root Explorer or equivalent)

5) Once in Root Explorer, your system MUST BE MOUNTED AS R/W, navigate to your sdcard, find the recovery file you downloaded and long press....select "copy"

6) Hit the back button until you return to the file marked "/" and make sure it is still mounted r/w, then navigate to system, then bin. Once you are in bin (this is important) hit "paste" on the bottom of your screen. It will ask if you want to overwrite the existing recovery. Select yes. DO NOT REPLACE IT, ONLY OVERWRITE IT!!!

7) Keep hitting the back button on your phone until you exit out of root explorer.

8) Power off your phone, then, after fully shut down, holding volume up AND down plus power (yes, hold all 3 of them) you will enter a blue stock recovery screen. Scroll down 1 option to "reinstall packages", press power........you should now be in the orange Clockwork Mod recovery.

9) Scroll down to "backup and restore" and hit power, then go to "Backup" and hit power. Let it do it's thing. This will create a backup on your sdcard in a file called "clockwork". Keep this so you can restore in case something goes wrong (or like me, like to change things up all the time).

10) Now, again, I will assume that you have the rom of your choice on the root of your sdcard. This is where things get screwy....so pay attention to the OP's instructions for mounts. Scroll to "mounts and storage" and hit power.

11) The first 4 things you will see are : /cache, /data, /sdcard, and /system. This is where you need to pay close attention to what you are doing.

A) For KD1 and Bionix Frost your mounts must appear like this:
    /cache : unmount
    /data : mount
    /sdcard : mount
    /system : unmount

B) For Trigger your mounts must appear like this:
    /cache : unmount
    /data : unmount
    /sdcard : mount
    /system : unmount

If they are not in this order,change them so they are, or it will flash but will not boot. YOU WILL BE IN A SOFT BRICK STATE THAT REQUIRES ODIN TO FIX!!!!

12) Install RomManager if you wish, but DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT FLASH CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY FROM THE LIST, this will cause your phone to get stuck at wiping a file called /.android_ secure in recovery.....so once again, HELLO ODIN! Also DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY from rom manager, this will also cause /.android_secure to not wipe.....so once again, HELLO ODIN!

Last but not least, follow instructions on the OP to the "T" and you will be fine, unless you enjoy odin that much.....personally, I hate it.

If anything here is wrong or not working for you, please let me know so I can fix/update this. Please double/triple check everything that you did and make sure it is correct before *****ing "It's still not working".......because it does work. I have flashed and flashed and flashed with only 1 soft brick, and that was my fault.....not these instructions fault.

To see if I can make this make a little more sense now, here we go: The reason for changing mounts is that, by default, /system is not mounted. To be able to flash and boot successfully, it has to be. When you are looking at them, it will say "mount", this means that it is NOT mounted. If it says "unmount", then it means it IS mounted, confused yet? Just remember it like this: It is the opposite of what it says...so make sure that system says "unmount", which actually means it's mounted. This step is absolutely CRUCIAL.

Enjoy the hell out of your bad ass Samsung Galaxy S 4g, because I am :)
    This should definitely make the sgs4g bible. Its a great tutorial on getting through the flashing issues people are having. Thank you this is ( . ) ( . )

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
    Look at second post in this thread -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22166667

Here are directions to add back audible touch tone, etc and also where you add the smart alarm sounds for alarm clock.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22316435&postcount=101

Here is the stock alarm clock and sounds -
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22397549&postcount=7

To push the Alarm Clock apk use the same directions as swype or look at first post in third link of my signature.

Download swype here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20865461&postcount=3

Directions to install swype here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23417868&postcount=42

I think I left the need to enable installing third party apps in those directions. Go to Settings, then Applications and check Unknown Sources.

All this may look like a lot but you will learn a lot by doing it.
    Don't forget his thanks button for this everyone ;)

+1 brutha! Thank you :)
    No need to worry. Go ahead and flash away, just make sure to follow this and anything else the dev's tell you to :)

Don't forget his thanks button for this everyone ;)