63 posts
Thanks Meter: 376

By nasirahmed, Member on 31st January 2011, 03:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2011, 08:45 PM |#11  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 0

More
With the FW EUROPE OPEN you can install the "LG Configuration Tool" and fully use it to autoselect the provider or change it manually.

Also, you can use the MFG menu. But the MMS problem with this FW is solved.

2nd February 2011, 09:38 PM |#12  

More
thanks rider for the reply i probaly should of made my question clearer, but your reply was what i needed and the folowing replies are helpfull

maybe i should just give it a go and see if it fixes my bluetooth issue

there does not seem to be a vodaphone UK listed (is there actualy one) as this is what im on not sure if id be able to get it back to original

another Q what was the MMS issue
the.rider1290
3rd February 2011, 06:58 AM |#13  

More
just be careful flashing because a memeber bricked his phone because flashed with a rom of a different country.... use another UK provder or (suggested) use EU OPEN and then customize settings the way I told u (mms, wap....)

we are not sure the brick was for the different country but while we have better news stay on your same countries or EU OPEN that should be valid for all countries.

Again, when you flash use the correct DLL, one is for the E900, the other for E900H, also roms are different so be careful.

When you flash shut down AV software, all the applications and if possible under Windows XP or at least in compatibility mode (personally I used Win7 x64 and no compatibility... but WinXP is better for this old programs....)
5th February 2011, 05:38 AM |#14  

More
Nasirhned,OP

Sorrry if you have posted aboouth this [Q] else where
but i am curious as to your post about the firmwares for Optimus 7 is there one for VodaFone UK as i do not see one listed

any users that have questions about if this process fixes your Bluetooth issues i will reply with my results
5th February 2011, 06:31 AM |#15  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Hi, I've added VODAFONE UK firmware, Please check again.
The Following User Says Thank You to nasirahmed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nasirahmed Ad-Free
5th February 2011, 05:06 PM |#16  
Flag Madrid

More
hi again!,

the MMS issue is that the not open devices, cannot configure 100% the mms apn settings and this function cannot be used.

With an open rom it is available to configure and use with any carrier.

Regards, and goog weekend!
the.rider1290
5th February 2011, 05:19 PM |#17  

More
That's not exact.
You can the same personalize the configuration of the mms with any firmware selection the appropriate XML file in the mfg menu!
The best thing anyway is to use the correct firmware for the correct provider unless you have really specific needs (you change different SIMs frequently)
7th February 2011, 03:41 PM |#18  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Always charge the battery fully before any operation. If any error occurs while upgrading the phone will remain in Emergency Download Mode, DON'T PULL BATTERY AT THIS SITUATION, try update again.

Same problem we saw before on Samsung Omnia too.
8th February 2011, 10:17 PM |#19  
Flag Madrid

More
Yes, in the MFG menu you can re-select the settings but for example in Spain, the device sold by Vodafone, is locked (or the xml is corrupt) for the Orange carrier, I had been notified that this happend to another carriers in another countries...

Regards,
9th February 2011, 07:21 PM |#20  

More
Hi, could use a little advice if possible.

I'm planning to flash UK Vodafone to Europe Open (eventually to use with my O2 sim) via Windows 7 and have some questions:

1. Which USB driver to install: LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497CA20 or LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497MA20?

2. On windows 7, how exactly to I disable USB 2.0 and enable USB 1.1?

3. How to I actually download the firmware? Clicking the link on Europe Open either gives me a 403 or another strange page - obviously this one is a show stopper for me.

4. Where do I put the firmware and the dll - is it in C:\Windows?

5. When (if?) flashed successfully, will the nodo update mess it up and reinstall the Vodafone stuff or will this be a permanent Europe Open that can be updated by Zune as if it was the original firmware?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I like to be careful and I really need to do this as it's the only way of getting mms on my unlocked UK Vodafone.

Thanks in anticipation.
9th February 2011, 11:38 PM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Hi Neil__C,

1. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497CA20

2. Go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager and disable USB/USB2 Enhanced Host Controllder. I'll suggest you to use Windows XP.

3. Sorry no idea, I can download here. Check other Browser/PC/Internet Service.

4. You don't need to put them to any certain place, just select them when needed.

5. After successfully flash with EURO OPEN it should have no branding.

Good Luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)