Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2011, 11:38 PM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 376

More
Hi Neil__C,

1. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497CA20

2. Go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager and disable USB/USB2 Enhanced Host Controllder. I'll suggest you to use Windows XP.

3. Sorry no idea, I can download here. Check other Browser/PC/Internet Service.

4. You don't need to put them to any certain place, just select them when needed.

5. After successfully flash with EURO OPEN it should have no branding.

Good Luck.

12th February 2011, 05:16 PM |#22  
Flag Ragusa
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirahmed

Hi Neil__C,

1. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497CA20

2. Go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager and disable USB/USB2 Enhanced Host Controllder. I'll suggest you to use Windows XP.

3. Sorry no idea, I can download here. Check other Browser/PC/Internet Service.

4. You don't need to put them to any certain place, just select them when needed.

5. After successfully flash with EURO OPEN it should have no branding.

Good Luck.

I've done all right as hell... but I get "can't find monitor port"... how can I fix?
I use an LG E900 Vodafone Italy branded, my PC is with Windows 7 x86 (tried also on a x64) tried also USB 1.1 and 2.0
12th February 2011, 05:40 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've followe all the original instructions - using XP but when I get to the bit "install the united driver and then plug the phone in", the automatic install seems to find "windows phone 7" and starts installing ZuneColnst.dll.mui. Is this correct? How exactly should I "let the drivers be installed" when I plug the phone in?

Regards
the.rider1290
12th February 2011, 06:05 PM |#24  

More
Ti spiego la cosa passo-passo:
1. Installa LGDP2_31_INCLUDE_LGDP1_Setup utilizzando il seriale che trovi assieme
2. Copia il contenuto della cartella Download nella stessa cartella che troverai in C: e sovrascrivi tutti file che chiederà
3. Installa LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497CA20_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0 basta questo gli altri non servono, sono per altri modelli
4. Sul telefono chiama il numero ##634# (##MFG#)
5. Apparirà applicazione MFG, la password è 277634#*# (APPMFG#*#)
6. Vai su 7.Engineering Menu poi su 3.Port Setting poi 1.USB Switching quindi seleziona 2.QC Composite, cambierà il driver per la USB, riavvierà il telefono
7. Collega il telefono al computer e vai a vedere su Esplora Risorse (Device Manager di Windows) che numeri delle porte COM ha assegnato al modem, sono due porte, quindi scollega il telefono e spegnilo.
8. Vai in C:\DOWNLOADS e lancia LGDP2_V36_UMTS in compatibilità con Windows XP SP3 e Privilegi di Amministratore
9. Sotto Division scegli UMTS, poi premi OK
10. Con Easy Select scegli un intervallo di porte che comprenda ENTRAMBE le tue, fa niente anche se ce ne saranno molte inutilizzate, scegli anche più intervalli se necessario.
11. Seleziona la DLL corretta, attenzione alla H nel nome della DLL, quella è per un altro modello, a te serve quella del E900 normale
12. Premi RUN DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION e seleziona l’immagine fimrware che ti interessa precedentemente decompressa
13. Premi su OK
14. Fregatene del CAN’T FIND PORT MONITOR!
15. Premi su START in alto a sx.
16. Accendi normalmente il cellulare e quando vedi apparire il logo di windows che parte inserisci la presa usb nella stessa porta in cui avevi configurato il modem(andrebbe con qualsiasi ma se windows cambia il numero delle porte COM (seriali emulate) devi reimpostarlo, fa come ti dico è più comodo)
17. Non stare a inserire il PIN, non serve, il telefono andrà in recovery mode da solo, il flash partirà, quando il software darà il comando di reset e vedi il logo LG apparire premi STOP, stacca il telefono e divertiti.

Ti consiglio di rimanere sul firmware dell’operatore che utilizzi, il firmware “open” a me non è piaciuto e non è sembrato neanche stabile, tantomeno open.

Spero di essere stato sufficientemente dettagliato ma per scrivere questa guida ho dovuto aprire i software e verificare non mancasse nulla.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
the.rider1290
12th February 2011, 06:08 PM |#25  

More
sorry for the italian post but when somebody post fimrware images MUST BE EXTREMELY DETAILED IN TEACHING USERS HOW TO FLASH, so I hope at least that post will be helpful to italian speaking folks here.

I will post also an english guide later, that post was just copy paste of one of my private message asking me how to flash because there are no explicit instructions here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
13th February 2011, 11:09 AM |#26  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 376

More
Before flashing also disable USB in Active Sync/WMDC.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nasirahmed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nasirahmed Ad-Free
13th February 2011, 11:53 AM |#27  

More
Many thanks to the.rider and nasirahmed.

I'm still having real difficulties (and scaring myself to death).

I translated the Italian using Bing translate and it made sense. I follwed the sequence absolutely exactly.

My system seems to use com 4 and 5 so I selected easy 1-8. All seems to work correct until I plug in the phone at the windows logo when it starts. In the program, the boxes for com4 and com5 become active. Straight away com4 says "1. LG-E900 2. Load Bin". after about 20 seconds, com5 goes red and says "ErrNum502 EMERGENCY MODEL FAIL". The phone continues to boot normally. Nothing then happens. Eventually I press stop and I'm back where I started. I looked at the original posting and tried Vol+Cam+Pwr to see if the problem was no emergency mode but this did nothing at all (am I doing it right?).

I find this whole thing very nerve-wracking but I really do need to get the EU open on as I need the mms (Vodafone UK cannot enable it any other way for my other sims).

I'm gettign really confused and sure could use some advice here. Can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation
the.rider1290
13th February 2011, 12:06 PM |#28  

More
That's normal that one of the two Com goes faulty because the program uses just one of the two, if the program send the phone in emergency mode it should load the firmware! Try to be more patient or to launch the program in XP sp3 compatibility mode and as administrator! sure you used the correct DLL?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
13th February 2011, 12:09 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliogiraldo

Yes, in the MFG menu you can re-select the settings but for example in Spain, the device sold by Vodafone, is locked (or the xml is corrupt) for the Orange carrier, I had been notified that this happend to another carriers in another countries...

Regards,

Same here. If I select O2_GB (on an original Uk Vodafone), it just says "bad xml". That's why I desperately need to flash to open and I'm having an absolute nightmare

Regards
13th February 2011, 12:17 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.rider1290

That's normal that one of the two Com goes faulty because the program uses just one of the two, if the program send the phone in emergency mode it should load the firmware! Try to be more patient or to launch the program in XP sp3 compatibility mode and as administrator! sure you used the correct DLL?

Thanks - I really appreciate the help.

I'm running on an absolutely clean install of XP SP3, with usb2.0 disabled. Nothing else on it except the flashing software. The user account has admistrator priveleges. I'm using LGE900_101009_MP.dll and the Europe open DZ (on an original UK Vodafone).

I tried again being more patient but, after 5 mins, still nothing happens and the phone doesn't seem to go into any mode other than the usual boot.

Any ideas?
the.rider1290
13th February 2011, 12:30 PM |#31  

More
just tell me a thing: the phone tell you that he is in emergency mode or just says nothing?

I wrote here again: just turn on the phone the usual way, when while it boots (as soon as you see the LG logo, plug in the usb, you have to have already pressed start and confirmed the message "can't find port monitor!" on computer)
Actually I think that you can also connect the phone while turned off and then turn it on, basically this is how the software works:

1_ when you press start the program wait until he "feel" that you connected a phone
2_the progra, loads a different bootloader to the phone RAM that allow you to flash
3_load the flash
4_reboot the phone!

with this more extra information you should be able to do the stuff )))) tell me if you need more assistance ))))
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)