DIY tripod for sensation!

Search This thread

dallashigh

Jul 24, 2010
I don't think the USB connector puts out enough power for an LED flash. A status LED yes, but not one bright enough to help with photos.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: m.m.m

m.m.m

Oct 22, 2011
Tehran
I don't think the USB connector puts out enough power for an LED flash. A status LED yes, but not one bright enough to help with photos.

thanks for the reply, yes, I tried it by two 5mm white leds, it worked but it was not enough to take better photos, plus, leds color is a bit unnatural and didn't like it, so I was thinking on a simple 6v 1watt lamp (didn't know how they're called), they took high amp so the usb port was unable to provide it, finally, I realized that these lamps (photo attached, again, I didn't know the name of it) take less current and they're more suitable for this job, and they're heavy duty! :D
edit: I think they're called xenon lamps.

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Reactions: erdal67

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi, I made a camera tripod for htc sensation, which needs nothing special to make.
    first, I brought my old unused camera tripod, which has ability to remove its connection with the camera part, you can see it in the picture below:
    attachment.php

then, I measured the width of its edge to make a part to connect the phone on it and put the part instead of the old part.
    after that, I cut a part of thin wood to replace it with that part,
    then, I needed a part that can hold the phone, so I used one of my unused mobile covers and glued it to a part of a wood and made the phone holder.
    finally, I glued the phone holder to the part which I made before and made something like this:
    attachment.php

then inserted it to the camera tripod stand:
    attachment.php

attachment.php

sorry, I'm not good at English.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT (8th February 2013): New version using nuts available for all kinds of tripods!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT (6th June 2013): Sample photos added in next page. take a look at here and here!!!
    EDIT (23th July 2013): Telescope added!
    sample picture

I hope you like this picture taken by the tripod (Taken in the north of Iran):
    great cam

For sure it is a great cam for a mobile. When using the right apps you can even make better pictures by rising the jpg quality.
    i recommend to set ISO to 200 by default. the iso automatic destroys the pictures quality.

thanks for the reply, yes, I tried it by two 5mm white leds, it worked but it was not enough to take better photos, plus, leds color is a bit unnatural and didn't like it, so I was thinking on a simple 6v 1watt lamp (didn't know how they're called), they took high amp so the usb port was unable to provide it, finally, I realized that these lamps (photo attached, again, I didn't know the name of it) take less current and they're more suitable for this job, and they're heavy duty! :D
    edit: I think they're called xenon lamps.