[APP] CM (Cleanmaster) Security - Free Antivirus APP Developed by Clean Master Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ksmobile

Nov 6, 2012
www.ksmobile.com
Hi all
Happy New Year!!!

We are from Clean Master Team and we are excited to announce the release of our Free Antivirus APP - CM (Cleanmaster) Security .

Brief Introduction:
Blazing fast, lightweight and ultra-secure, CM (Cleanmaster) Security is a new free mobile security app developed by KS Mobile, creators of Cleanmaster - the world's most trusted Android optimizer (over 100,000,000 downloads worldwide).

Download: Mod Edit: Links Removed

CM (Cleanmaster) Security Advantages:
* No.1 antivirus engine: Powered by local and cloud dual mode engines, which is repeatedly ranked first by AV-TEST and AV-C. Comprehensively detect viruses, Trojan, vulnerability, adware and spyware on Android mobile devices and tablets.
* Multilayer protection: Scan new apps, updates, file systems and websites to ensure your device's safety in real time
* Fast and handy: It only takes as little as 5 seconds to complete a full scan, 500% faster than other antivirus software. CM (Cleanmaster) Security is also lightweight, taking up half as much phone memory as competitors and weighing in at just 2MB to install. Integrated with highest rated cleanup from Cleanmaster, your device can be lighter, faster and more secure.

CM (Cleanmaster) Security Features:

►APP & SYSTEM SCANNING
Scan pre-installed / installed apps and the file system to keep your phone safe from viruses, Trojan, vulnerability, adware and spyware
►SD CARD SCANNING
Scan external SD cards thoroughly to detect and delete threats
►ON-INSTALL SCANNING
Prevent harm to your device with real-time scanning of new apps and updates
►SCHEDULED SCANNING
Routine automatic scanning allows for passive security
►CLEANUP JUNK
The highest rated junk file cleaner, able to clean 50% more than competitors.
►CALL BLOCKING
Block unwanted phone calls on your needs.
►SAFE BROWSING
Block dangerous URLs and protect yourself against phishing and malicious websites with instant warning notifications.

If having any issues, just leave comment in this thread or reach us via Mod Edit: Links Removed.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

assist4tech

Jun 5, 2012
(Q) why does the app need access to make phone calls ??

Cleanmaster is aces :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

assist4tech

Jun 5, 2012
uploadfromtaptalk1388685929203.jpg

Installation complete. Like the interface.

App test report to follow ..

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
No action details

I've just installed the app, and run it. It showed one vulnerability: SMS phishing, an app or what. There were no details whatsoever about this - before or after cleaning. I think it is important to know what exactly was the culprit. What did your app just delete from my phone? What if it wasn't a real threat but something that I wanted to be there? Now I've no way of checking.

Otherwise, a very sleek interface. And the app doesn't appear to be a major RAM hogger - at first there were two instances or a total or a total of 2 processes and 2 services taking up about 12 MB, but now there's one instance taking up about 6 MB, which is great for my underpowered SH-01D where I rarely have more than 150-180 MB of RAM free.

ksmobile

Nov 6, 2012
www.ksmobile.com
I've just installed the app, and run it. It showed one vulnerability: SMS phishing, an app or what. There were no details whatsoever about this - before or after cleaning. I think it is important to know what exactly was the culprit. What did your app just delete from my phone? What if it wasn't a real threat but something that I wanted to be there? Now I've no way of checking.

Otherwise, a very sleek interface. And the app doesn't appear to be a major RAM hogger - at first there were two instances or a total or a total of 2 processes and 2 services taking up about 12 MB, but now there's one instance taking up about 6 MB, which is great for my underpowered SH-01D where I rarely have more than 150-180 MB of RAM free.

Thanks for your feedback. You can press the left part of each item to see the detailed information.
pic1.jpg

If you had read the detailed information, was it not detailed enough for you to know how the vulnerability was fixed or why was an app a virus? We will make the resolving process more clear and provide the logs in the future versions.

Reactions: Darktitor

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Thanks for your feedback. You can press the left part of each item to see the detailed information.
View attachment 2491521

If you had read the detailed information, was it not detailed enough for you to know how the vulnerability was fixed or why was an app a virus? We will make the resolving process more clear and provide the logs in the future versions.

Thank you for replying. I did read the "detailed" description which was shown after pressing the arrow on the bottom left side. The only details were something like "an app that may send messages that cost you money". Yeah, quite detailed. No mention whatsoever of the app's (or process, or I don't know what) name or location or anything. Neither before cleaning, nor after.

Yes, adding logs is a very good idea.

ksmobile

Nov 6, 2012
www.ksmobile.com
Thank you for replying. I did read the "detailed" description which was shown after pressing the arrow on the bottom left side. The only details were something like "an app that may send messages that cost you money". Yeah, quite detailed. No mention whatsoever of the app's (or process, or I don't know what) name or location or anything. Neither before cleaning, nor after.

Yes, adding logs is a very good idea.

Did you mean that you have an virus app which is in Malware catogory? All the apps we scan is what intalled on your phone, including pre-installed apps, name of the app is listed under the Malware catogory, after uninstall it, threats shall be resolved. You can choose to turst that app as well.

Reactions: Darktitor

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
sharp.cheeseus.org
Did you mean that you have an virus app which is in Malware catogory? All the apps we scan is what intalled on your phone, including pre-installed apps, name of the app is listed under the Malware catogory, after uninstall it, threats shall be resolved. You can choose to turst that app as well.

I don't understand what you mean by "you have an virus app which is in Malware catogory". I don't think I do - I am very careful about what I install and about my sources. There is no menu option on your app to show me if something has been classified as "malware".

I just installed your app on my old phone, and scanned it. The exact same results were shown - the first was that some sort of protection is disabled, but the second one is the same "SMS Phishing Vulnerability" that it discovered on my main phone. This time I took screenshots. I have not "fixed" the SMS Phishing problem because I am not sure there is any problem. I think I know all my contacts and there aren't any spoofs among them - I have only 196 contacts.

Can you help me identify which one is this "bad contact" before I use the "fix" option?

---------------------------------------
EDIT: My second phone actually had my girlfriend's profile, so the "SMS Phishing" contact that was detected must have been in her phonebook. So I deleted her Google account from the phone, which automatically deleted the entire phonebook. Then I manually went through every single contact in my phonebook. Of the 196 contacts, 20 had been automatically added from Gmail. So, I deleted them, and now have 176 contacts. Then I synced my profile on the second phone, with the cleaned up phonebook. Then launched your app again --- and again it found an "SMS Phishing Vulnerability"... Where? Why? How? If it found one during the first scan on my main phone, and then cleaned it, and after that I manually edited the contacts, and then synced them to the second phone -- the same problematic contact shouldn't exist, right?
----------------------------------------

Also, there's something which may qualify as a bug: When installed, your app automatically adds a shortcut to the home screen - I have specifically disabled this in Google Play and in my phone's settings.

Attachments

• 20140103-190141.png
    20140103-190141.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 845
  • 20140103-190152.png
    20140103-190152.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 780
Last edited:

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
I just installed it and it's so beautiful!!!! Let's wait and see :)
Thank you!! Great work I'm using Battery Doctor and Clean Master :p

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy S4 Mini avec Tapatalk 4

ksmobile

Nov 6, 2012
www.ksmobile.com
I don't understand what you mean by "you have an virus app which is in Malware catogory". I don't think I do - I am very careful about what I install and about my sources. There is no menu option on your app to show me if something has been classified as "malware".

I just installed your app on my old phone, and scanned it. The exact same results were shown - the first was that some sort of protection is disabled, but the second one is the same "SMS Phishing Vulnerability" that it discovered on my main phone. This time I took screenshots. I have not "fixed" the SMS Phishing problem because I am not sure there is any problem. I think I know all my contacts and there aren't any spoofs among them - I have only 196 contacts.

Can you help me identify which one is this "bad contact" before I use the "fix" option?

---------------------------------------
EDIT: My second phone actually had my girlfriend's profile, so the "SMS Phishing" contact that was detected must have been in her phonebook. So I deleted her Google account from the phone, which automatically deleted the entire phonebook. Then I manually went through every single contact in my phonebook. Of the 196 contacts, 20 had been automatically added from Gmail. So, I deleted them, and now have 176 contacts. Then I synced my profile on the second phone, with the cleaned up phonebook. Then launched your app again --- and again it found an "SMS Phishing Vulnerability"... Where? Why? How? If it found one during the first scan on my main phone, and then cleaned it, and after that I manually edited the contacts, and then synced them to the second phone -- the same problematic contact shouldn't exist, right?
----------------------------------------

Also, there's something which may qualify as a bug: When installed, your app automatically adds a shortcut to the home screen - I have specifically disabled this in Google Play and in my phone's settings.

Hello:

The "SMS Phishing Vulnerability" means your android system has a Vulnerability(flaw), which can be used by other application on your phone to insert an incoming SMS to your inbox, the content and sender could be arbitrary, this will be very dangerous, if it's exploited by malware. And fix solution of CM Security is dynamic protection, while malware trying to use this system's flaw and send fake SMS to you, CM Security will help you to block it and remind you it's not a real SMS from the SMS's sender.

Hopes it's clear for you to understand this flaw and our solution. If any problem, feel free to contact us.

For the shortcut on home screen, we'll take a look into it. thanks for your feedback.

CM Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all
    Happy New Year!!!

We are from Clean Master Team and we are excited to announce the release of our Free Antivirus APP - CM (Cleanmaster) Security .

Brief Introduction:
    Blazing fast, lightweight and ultra-secure, CM (Cleanmaster) Security is a new free mobile security app developed by KS Mobile, creators of Cleanmaster - the world's most trusted Android optimizer (over 100,000,000 downloads worldwide).

CM (Cleanmaster) Security Advantages:
    * No.1 antivirus engine: Powered by local and cloud dual mode engines, which is repeatedly ranked first by AV-TEST and AV-C. Comprehensively detect viruses, Trojan, vulnerability, adware and spyware on Android mobile devices and tablets.
    * Multilayer protection: Scan new apps, updates, file systems and websites to ensure your device's safety in real time
    * Fast and handy: It only takes as little as 5 seconds to complete a full scan, 500% faster than other antivirus software. CM (Cleanmaster) Security is also lightweight, taking up half as much phone memory as competitors and weighing in at just 2MB to install. Integrated with highest rated cleanup from Cleanmaster, your device can be lighter, faster and more secure.

CM (Cleanmaster) Security Features:

►APP & SYSTEM SCANNING
    Scan pre-installed / installed apps and the file system to keep your phone safe from viruses, Trojan, vulnerability, adware and spyware
    ►SD CARD SCANNING
    Scan external SD cards thoroughly to detect and delete threats
    ►ON-INSTALL SCANNING
    Prevent harm to your device with real-time scanning of new apps and updates
    ►SCHEDULED SCANNING
    Routine automatic scanning allows for passive security
    ►CLEANUP JUNK
    The highest rated junk file cleaner, able to clean 50% more than competitors.
    ►CALL BLOCKING
    Block unwanted phone calls on your needs.
    ►SAFE BROWSING
    Block dangerous URLs and protect yourself against phishing and malicious websites with instant warning notifications.

If having any issues, just leave comment in this thread or reach us via Mod Edit: Links Removed.

Thanks
    Well, KS mobile folks are apparently back from their vacation as the new version 1.0.2 has been released yesterday, so I would welcome replies to my questions in this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49485814&postcount=36

Thanks!

I sent a mail to logan yesterday.
    He has a lot of work (normal after being away)
    But he answered, and is going to pop in......

Greets
    I just installed it and it's so beautiful!!!! Let's wait and see :)
    Thank you!! Great work I'm using Battery Doctor and Clean Master :p

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy S4 Mini avec Tapatalk 4

We are glad you like it
    hello, that safe browsing feature is using VPN or?

No, if safe browsing is enabled, we will block the phishing websites or malicious websites when you visit them.
    View attachment 2489805

Installation complete. Like the interface.

App test report to follow ..

:DThanks