[Updated 2011.02.26]MIUI ROM version 1.2.25 for Desire HD, flash successfully!

Search This thread

guhenry

Apr 4, 2009
MIUI team has just officially released version 1.1.14 dedicate for Desire HD, no more porting from other platform needed. And it supports English, though the screenshot is in Chinese.

some screenshots attached.
more...

2011-02-26 update:
MIUI ROM version 1.2.25 for Desire HD

update: You can find the partial English UI setting instructions here.

But after setting the locale, most of the UI is remaining in Chinese. Need a developer to change the language file to English. The download link for ROM package is listed above.

How to flash
--------------------------------------------
1. Make sure your HBoot is already S-OFF.
2. Have clockwork recovery installed.
3. Copy the zip file to SD card and flash.

Please do a data wipe and cache wipe before flash the zip file. The whole process takes about 5 minutes and after the first Hboot screen, it loads to MIUI themed splash screen quickly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2500726

update: I think we needn't the instructions for setting language to English, after setting the locale, most of the UI is remaining in Chinese. Need a developer to change the language file to English. The download link for ROM package is listed above.

Could you tell how to get it partially translated?

vatvedt

Jan 23, 2010
Halden
Great! Looking forward to trying this one. I'd rather have my own language available, but English will do just fine :)

mingo_uk

Jul 31, 2009
nice and smooth. however no data connection... also as metioned only partially English. Will keep an eye out on this one.

Thanks

pravk

Dec 14, 2008
Mumbai
Data connection works for me. Wifi works too. And lot of chinese is managable too untill an en version is released.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

sectorek

Jul 18, 2009
can someone explane me what is this MIUI? Is this rom like Cyanogen or soemthing like that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI team has just officially released version 1.1.14 dedicate for Desire HD, no more porting from other platform needed. And it supports English, though the screenshot is in Chinese.

some screenshots attached.
    more...

2011-02-26 update:
    MIUI ROM version 1.2.25 for Desire HD

update: You can find the partial English UI setting instructions here.

But after setting the locale, most of the UI is remaining in Chinese. Need a developer to change the language file to English. The download link for ROM package is listed above.

How to flash
    --------------------------------------------
    1. Make sure your HBoot is already S-OFF.
    2. Have clockwork recovery installed.
    3. Copy the zip file to SD card and flash.

Please do a data wipe and cache wipe before flash the zip file. The whole process takes about 5 minutes and after the first Hboot screen, it loads to MIUI themed splash screen quickly.
    Just to save everyone time doing it themselves; MIUI 1.1.15 English

http://www.multiupload.com/BDBGFNJ2E9

Stock MIUI with the English translation applied. I'd say about 97% of the ROM is translated at the moment, and perfectly usable.

To install:

0. Recovery -> BACKUP!
    1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Dalvik Cache
    3. Install Zip
    5. Advanced -> Fix Permissions!
    6. Reboot System Now

Once loaded;

Menu => Settings => Programs => Manage Application => Running => Launcher => Clear Data

Enjoy!
    Just A simple no nonsense FAST mirror, no waiting or popups Just fast download (private server 100Mbs)

ftp://openbaar@84.53.118.206/miuidev-ace-ENGLISH-1.1.22v4.zip
    MIUI 1.1.15 Italian
    DOWNLOAD: http://www.multiupload.com/VVXEJYRKB9

To install (Same as English ROM by EuropeNintendo
    viewpost.gif
    ):

- Boot into Recovery and backup with Nandroid
    - Wipe data / Factory Reset
    - Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cacke
    - Install Zip File
    - Fix Permissions
    - Reboot

Credits to Nexus-Lab
    viewpost.gif
    for their Italian Language Pack
    http://www.multiupload.com/BDBGFNJ2E9

English 1.1.15 Updated:

- aiccucs 4-Way reboot mod added (android.policy.jar)
    - Improved xml strings in Backup.apk
    - Improved xml strings in Mms.apk
    - Improved xml strings in Launcher2.apk
    - Improved xml strings in MiuiCamera.apk
    - Improved xml strings in Gallery.apk (Also renamed to MIUI Gallery to ease confusion with the older Gallery3D.apk)
    - Gingerbread Keyboard
    - 8 MegaPixel Camera

If updating, just wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. No need for a complete wipe, but do a backup just in case. Flash as normal.

Fix permissions if WiFi doesn't work.

If some app titles are still in Chinese then just go to Menu => Settings => Programs => Manage Application => Running => Launcher => Clear Data.