Data speed increase (wifi/3g/4g)

Search This thread

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Ok so I flashed this yesterday
4g and 3g worked normally (not sure if it was quicker didn't do any tests and didn't use them for long enough to tell if they were quicker) but when I turned on wifi it wouldn't ever connect and always gave me "error" so I had to reflash my rom

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

treoarx

Mar 15, 2009
works great..thanks....will there happen to be one for the HTC EVO that you may be familiar with?....?

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Well fix it my man.. I just reinstalled and I'm lazy.... :)

Now I gotta push it again

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

djjoshplacid

Nov 15, 2011
Syracuse, Ny
Makes for a great early christmas gift!!! lol

Well, so far I def got a bit of a boost. It's gonna take some time to really see the difference though cause speeds are really screwy around here. up down up higher down down lower really high....you get the picture, lol! But so far this is clearly making my speeds faster. Thank you! Merry Christmas everyone!

Jul 5, 2011
im also seeing a huge speed increase. up near flagstaff AZ i usealy get around 150-300 kbps down. right after i flashed this, i was up at 1.2-1.5 :D

BigOnes69

Nov 11, 2010
Wash DC
Went from always below 1oooms to 2110ms on 3g. Never went that high before. Most I ever got was 1.5 on my home tower. Huge increase. will keep testing. Using Starsky ROM with Shadow Kernel and many other mods. Used Root explorer to modify text.

Last edited:

ksmullins88

Dec 16, 2010
Detroit, MI
didnt do anything for me on legendary or on cyanogen.

im really about to leave sprint for verizon.. my 3g speeds never go above .07 mbps. horse ****. pay 10 bucks extra a month for **** i cant even use and then i cant even use the phone if im not on wifi.

kynolin

Aug 4, 2007
St. Louis
I went from about 300-500kbps down on 3G to about 800-900 in the exact same spot on my counter. I tested about five times before and after, in the exact same spot. Love it. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

BillyBob3

Oct 23, 2011
Orlando
Other than the few people who posted mixed results for before and after speed tests, has anyone compiled results over a period of days or weeks to confirm this works?

Also, will it matter which modem you are using? No one mentioned this in their posts.

Lastly, what of the fc's reported by some?

Sent by my CleanGB Epic using XDA App

Top Liked Posts