[ROM] Unofficial CM9 for vivow (2012-09-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

farandel

Dec 22, 2011
Staten Island
Every native app works great on this build (6/15) and everything is lightening after a reboot.. but an hour goes by and anything that needs an internet connection takes fooooorrreeevvvveeerr to load. I don't get it.

Edit: OK... so I've been running this rom now since this morning... all of a sudden, as I sent the above post, it went back to super fast mode. Smh.. I don't know what to say. I guess I'll let my phone settle into it :what:
Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

Second edit: it went Mega laggy again after waking it from sleep. I just went back to 5/30 with v10 kernel... amazingly stable. I think I might stay here for a bit. :(

Reactions: HogFan77

loki154

Jun 19, 2010
6/15 is working great for me. Aside from what's been mentioned: voice search and mms. No lags, just needed to dismiss some applications as usual

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

cac2us

Dec 11, 2007
Northern, AZ

I have been running 6.08 for a few days now.
I thought I had 10.5 but phone settings shows 10-bfs_May 24.

The voice search and voice typing works great.
When using Quick office pro and a good connection it's good.
Seeing how every word you speak has to go through a server to process into text.
I would rather have a physical keyboard if HTC wil ever start making a better phone.

For now, I compose or edit spreadsheets on my trusty Fathom and send it via WiFi.

This peekie through my finger and guess what want sucks royal.

Would be nice to be able to use my Logitech USB keyboard, but the On The Go adapter doesn't play nice with the kernel, even with a powered hub.

I only use WiFi and don't use SMS or mms or he like.

I am downloading 6.15 now and will report soon.

4GivenByChrist

Dec 20, 2010
OK 0615 is really smooth... One big issue for me and I couldn't figure it out was Bluetooth connects but won't work during a call with my earpiece. It works perfect on 0608

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

ifwillems

Sep 21, 2011
Houston, TX
0615 Bluetooth problem

As of 0615 I cannot use my phone while connected via BT to my car radio. The audio portion (i.e. music) works fine via BT; but the phone function doesn't work via BT.

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
so I found out that the service (or lack thereof) is what kills my battery. at home I get -100 to -90dbm ish consistently and last all day. yesterday I was away from home and getting -46dbm and went for over a day and a half down to 46% before I got back home and it drained itself again. ive been testing radios but apparently central/east nj is just **** for service

aeroevan

Oct 22, 2011
As of 0615 I cannot use my phone while connected via BT to my car radio. The audio portion (i.e. music) works fine via BT; but the phone function doesn't work via BT.

audio.primary.msm7x30 has always had issues with gcc 4.7 (even on my early tests before all of the linaro hype happened). I would bet that taking the /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.msm7x30.so from one of the gcc 4.4 builds and replacing it in the gcc 4.7 build may get it to work. I haven't tested because I don't really use bluetooth that much and I'm currently out of town.

so I found out that the service (or lack thereof) is what kills my battery. at home I get -100 to -90dbm ish consistently and last all day. yesterday I was away from home and getting -46dbm and went for over a day and a half down to 46% before I got back home and it drained itself again. ive been testing radios but apparently central/east nj is just **** for service

That would do it :) The new radios may help a bit, but probably not. There isn't much you can do if you have to search for service/towers all the time.

Reactions: xM Minton Mx

xM Minton Mx

Mar 11, 2012
Sikeston
I seen that CID made it to the boot finally :p. Great work aeroevan can't wait till this rom is fully ironed out. But for me I just use wifi since im deployed overseas and no problems really.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

icon123

Oct 13, 2009
I was going to try to build this from source. Although I haven't done this before, it doesn't seem too difficult. I have everything set up, ready to build. Should I just use the directions aeroevan posted in his rootzwiki post on how to build from source? The reason I ask is because that guideline is from last year. I didn't know if there was anything that had to be added or changed to get a good build or merged in. I know back lights and rotation can be a pita. Thanks for whoever can help.

ifwillems

Sep 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Encryption does not work

Why doe encryption not work? Whenever I tell the phone to start the encryption the green Android shows up, but nothing is being encrypted. I can hit the back button and I am back at the encryption screen. Is this a known bug in CM9?

Last edited:

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville

aeroevan

Oct 22, 2011
Why doe encryption not work? Whenever I tell the phone to start the encryption the green Android shows up, but nothing is being encrypted. I can hit the back button and I am back at the encryption screen. Is this a known bug in CM9?

I haven't really tested encryption at all. I saw a few patches for vivo to enable encryption but I don't think I have the equivalent changes in my vivow tree yet.

Also, I just uploaded a new build (mostly just a resync): http://goo.im/devs/aeroevan/cm9/cm-9-20120620-UNOFFICIAL-vivow.zip

But there were a few bugs that were fixed upstream.

Voice search is still broken, so I'll probably have to do a gcc 4.4 build soon to update the stable build linked in the OP....

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011
I haven't really tested encryption at all. I saw a few patches for vivo to enable encryption but I don't think I have the equivalent changes in my vivow tree yet.

Also, I just uploaded a new build (mostly just a resync): http://goo.im/devs/aeroevan/cm9/cm-9-20120620-UNOFFICIAL-vivow.zip

But there were a few bugs that were fixed upstream.

Voice search is still broken, so I'll probably have to do a gcc 4.4 build soon to update the stable build linked in the OP....

Not sure if you tested it but did you get a chance to fix mms?
I tried everything i could think of.
Deleted the apn, manually added it back and tried *228 option 1 and 2
But still wasnt able to get mms to send.
Thanks for your work. It is the best ICS rom I have tried.

EDIT: mms seems to be working properly :) thanks again aero

Last edited:

farandel

Dec 22, 2011
Staten Island
Just wanted to check in... I installed the 6/20 for the last few hours and must say that my Mega lag issues are finally gone *hurray* !! Smooth as silk.. I was getting worried I'd be stuck with 5/30 forever lol.

Amazing work as always Aeroevan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I decided to start an official post here on XDA too since the ICS thread over in general is getting rather large.

Downloads:
    ROM:
    GApps:
    Directions:
    1. Wipe Data, Cache, and system
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Flash GApps
    4. Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

If you are having issues flashing, try a CM9 based CWM:

What's Currently Broken:
    • Face unlock may not work until FFC has been used in the Camera app.
    • Market download issues: su, and then killall drmserver in the terminal (needs to be done after each reboot if you are still having issues)
    • ... Let me know what else :)

If you like what I do, hit thanks or donate to a poor college student :)
    Changelog:
    2012-03-23
    • Resync with CM9 upstream (new boot animation and some other stuff)
    • More work on video decoding (but still not 100%)
    • Added Torch
    2012-03-27
    • Resync with CM9 upstream (updated graphics code)
    • Fixed video decoding issues (can someone test Netflix for me? Flash video seems to work).
    2012-03-28
    • MMS should work
    • GSM might work?
    2012-03-29
    • Merged in AOSP 4.0.4 (not official CM merge though...)
    • If you have too many issues go back to 3/28 build
    2012-03-30
    • Official CM 4.0.4 merge + dialer fix, resync'd
    • Updated CM kernel built with gcc 4.7 (source)
    2012-04-07
    • Updated to latest CM code (but not too many changes)
    • Updated Skia Graphics Engine to latest in AOSP master (not merged into CM yet, but I posted on their gerrit).
    2012-04-16
    • Updated to latest CM code.
    • Compass arrows in Google Maps should work
    • Camcorder should work when in SD (480p) mode
    2012-04-19
    • Updated to latest CM code
    • Included some Advanced Dialer Settings link
    • Built with Sun/Oracle Java instead of OpenJDK. Also, set javac to target 1.6 instead of 1.5. One of those two made things fast :)
    2012-04-20
    • Hopefully fixes multitouch issues.
    2012-04-29
    • Updated to latest CM code.
    • Included Lock Screen Shortcuts and system volume stuff in gerrit.
    2012-05-04
    • Latest CM code.
    • Reverted some multitouch stuff (Temple Run won't work, but other multitouch stuff should be better).
    • Added new feature from gerrit to add screen lock delay after turning off the screen.
    • Plus some other stuff that I can't remember.
    2012-05-07
    • Latest CM code (Theme manager, but currently only System theme).
    2012-05-13
    • Latest CM code.
    • Rotating softkeys should stay lit after rotation (may still need autobrightness).
    2012-05-16
    • Latest CM code.
    • Rotating softkeys should stay lit even without autobrightness.
    2012-05-22
    • Latest CM code.
    • Apollo music player
    • Built in kernel fixes Unity3D touchscreen issues (Temple Run should work with built in kernel). I'll update my kernel when I get the chance soon :) EDIT: v10 should have working Unity3D touch fixed.
    2012-05-30
    • Latest CM code.
    • Lockscreen widgets (weather and calendar events)
    • Audio fixes (should help with speaker phone and maybe bluetooth)
    2012-07-12
    • Latest CM code.
    • Camera flash should work (thanks to CondemnedSoul and whoever found the permission error)
    So I got jellybean/CM10 to build, but there are still lots of issues (no audio, softlights, or sensors). But 3G and GPS and most other things seemed to work.

Kxqee.png

I'm still really busy with other things, but jellybean will definitely happen for our phone :)

EDIT: I'm uploading the build to a cm10 folder in my goo.im hosting, but you need to rm camera.msm7x30.so, lights.vivow.so, and sensors.vivow.so in /system/lib/hw/ for it to boot.

Here are some gapps that worked for me:
    http://goo.im/apps/teamgummy/gapps-4.1.1-Kejar31-20120713.zip

And my upload will be in http://goo.im/devs/aeroevan/cm10/ but it will take about an hour to finish uploading...
    Hopefully they release source soon. I saw HTC one got source release.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

That still isn't for our device :(

I'm working on using the new camera blobs, but even those can't just be dropped in. I had to add a few camera parameters in frameworks/base but the preview isn't starting... http://pastebin.com/ZsxsGHcm and the camera app crashes :(

I have a few ideas, but I had a phone interview today (which went well) so I couldn't break my phone ;)

I've also been working on getting low power audio (LPA) working, but there are still a few bugs there too.

I just sync'd and am doing a fresh build now, but don't expect any magic :)
    There were a few display hal updates, but nothing too big.
    Are we going to see anything done with Jelly bean and this rom?

I'll definitely do builds once I get a chance, but I've been really busy lately :(