OVERHAUL![ROM]: *NEW: CarbonRom V4*[Apr4] / CarbonClash V3 - Your "All-In-1" Rom

Search This thread

adzidek

Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
hotspot

I've seen this question go unanswered in other ROM threads, both for 4.1 and 4.2: does anyone know why hotspot/tethering doesn't work with LTE? I can connect just fine, I get an IP address, everything appears great. But, with LTE on the phone, I get no service....like DNS is messed up or something. When I turn the preferred network to GSM/CDMA, it starts working fine. Change back to LTE/GSM/CDMA, stops working.

Even if I have LTE on, and I'm tethered to my PC, if I'm in an LTE zone it doesn't work. No internet on the PC. Without changing a single thing, if I move to a 3G zone (no LTE icon), it starts working.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I'm on Rogers E971)

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Re: HUUGE UPDATE![ROM]: CarbonRom is now "CarbonClash V1": A U.I Free-For-All!

Are your apn's the proper LTE ones from your carrier?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Re: HUUGE UPDATE![ROM]: CarbonRom is now "CarbonClash V1": A U.I Free-For-All!

I know I don't get LTE cause I'm using a rogers e971 on bell network, and the frequencies the phones connect to are different.

adzidek

Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
I've seen this question go unanswered in other ROM threads, both for 4.1 and 4.2: does anyone know why hotspot/tethering doesn't work with LTE? I can connect just fine, I get an IP address, everything appears great. But, with LTE on the phone, I get no service....like DNS is messed up or something. When I turn the preferred network to GSM/CDMA, it starts working fine. Change back to LTE/GSM/CDMA, stops working.

Even if I have LTE on, and I'm tethered to my PC, if I'm in an LTE zone it doesn't work. No internet on the PC. Without changing a single thing, if I move to a 3G zone (no LTE icon), it starts working.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I'm on Rogers E971)

Are your apn's the proper LTE ones from your carrier?

Yup, I've been Googling and messing with the APNs seems like forever, and getting nowhere. Tried everything I could find on various forums with regard to APNs, and nothing helps.....

--edit--

user dpvu from another thread helped me fix it!

Enjoy!

http://hippowise.com/how-to-fix-lte-...r-the-nexus-4/

Reactions: ATRIXXIRTA

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Reactions: adzidek

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Re: HUUGE UPDATE + EXTRAS![ROM]: CarbonRom is now "CarbonClash V1": A U.I Free-For-

Anyone test the new update yet
...?? C'mon, don't be afraid. It won't byte, haha

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Re: HUUGE UPDATE + EXTRAS![ROM]: CarbonRom is now "CarbonClash V1": A U.I Free-For-

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Just giving cm10.1 a day or so.
Are any issues fixed that you listed on first page like NFC etc?
Just don't want to report things you are already aware of.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Update coming soon!!

CarbonClash V2 is uploading to Dev-Host right now. Should be updating the OP tonight.
Updated to Chad's latest cm10.1 with modified kernel with working nfc and wifi issue corrected. So no more need to flash houstonn's kernel separately.

And if anyone whose tried either CarbonRom or CarbonClash V1 can leave me some feedback that would be awesome. Seems everyone is busy with cm10, aokp, stock or rootbox, lol. So ive been giving myself my own feedback, which just doesnt work. Im biased towards my own work..... Need some constructive criticism, lol.

Thanks Guys.

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
Re: UPDATE!![ROM]: CarbonClash V2 - Jam Packed!! [March 22]

Sorry, I like to use a ROM for at least a week before trying another one. Won't be able to try this one until April as currently testing root box.

Sent through the magic of an LG Optimus G (E971) running RootBox 4.2.2.

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

Sorry, I like to use a ROM for at least a week before trying another one. Won't be able to try this one until April as currently testing root box.

Ya I got ya. Don't mind me. I'm just doin some *****'n, lol. Its just that I've had this thing up and havent gotten any real feedback. Literally, NONE, lol. I'm just curious whether or not I'm not missing something in a feature I may not necessarily use, but that other might.

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013

Apologies here too. I'm switching between rootbox and cm hopefully helping to get the bugs ironed out.
It looks like those two guys are very close to a really solid base.
Once the base is down I plan on doing a port also, so I'll help you out with some testing as soon as the base is solid.
Cheers and don't get discouraged!

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Ya I got ya. Don't mind me. I'm just doin some *****'n, lol. Its just that I've had this thing up and havent gotten any real feedback. Literally, NONE, lol. I'm just curious whether or not I'm not missing something in a feature I may not necessarily use, but that other might.

i have only been running it for about an hour now but WOW. no SOD, no reboots, notification lights work. OCed to 1.8, video cam worked great. captivate keys work perfect.

issues: i am not able to get the weather widget to work on lockscreen.
with the camera with stock rom volume keys worked for taking pictures but does not seem to work on this rom. quality seems awesome though
is there a setting somewhere that enables the capacitive keys to always on.

if your having trouble understanding me blame the cubalibras i had tonight. ; )

edit: i tried running antutu and it bricked :( back to square one but it was worth it on this rom,. very impressed.

great work ATRIXXIRTA

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

Thanks a lot man. Appreciate the feedback. Ya chad mentioned some weird stuff happens when running antutu on his latest. I'm going to update op with the recommendation to not benchmark for now. As for lockscreen weather, I'll have a look, make sure no apk's are missing. I personally use an app called "dash clock" and just add it as a lock screen widget. Its really slick. Anyway. Thanks again.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364005844091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364005844091.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

royoshukrun

May 30, 2012
Hey! Definitely wanna try out the ROM, but I can't seem to find the download for the new version. Went to the Dev site and I only see Carbon Clash V1

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011

It's linked in the OP under d-h.st site. Hasn't hit the mirror yet.

royoshukrun

May 30, 2012
Sweet thanks!
EDIT: Alright, installed great and so far running really smooth! I'll update with problems if I find any.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OVERHAUL![ROM]: *NEW: CarbonRom V4*[Apr4] / CarbonClash V3 - Your "All-In-1" Rom

CarbonClash/CarbonRom

PLEASE AVOID BENCHMARKING FOR NOW UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THANKS!

Carbon Features:

Android 4.2.2
    PIE
    Xposed Framework (May cause stability or performance issues - use at your own risk!)
    Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
    Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
    Option to hide lockscreen hints
    Carousel lockscreen
    Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    Chronus clock widget
    Customizable hardware and software keys
    Transparent navbar and status bar
    Customizable navbar ring
    Navbar arrow keys
    Navigation bar widgets
    Customizable power menu
    Notification power widget
    Notification brightness adjustment
    Customizable quicksettings panel
    Statusbar mods including center clock and color
    LCD Density
    Theme engine
    Quiet hours
    Volume rocker music controls
    Full Rotation
    Customizable battery and notification light
    More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!

My "Clash" Features:

* 2 Different Xperia launchers
    * TouchWizz Launcher
    * Motorola launcher.
    * Jam PACKED with ringtones and notification sounds
    * Swag Papers (AOKP wallpapers)
    * Motorola wallpapers
    * TouchWizz wallpapers
    * .zip in OP of some wallpapers that fit the "Carbon" name, and some that I just like
    * "Pitch Black" theme
    * Xperia Z theme
    * Optimus G theme
    * Awesome "Circles" widget included with motorola launcher
    * Motorola Stock Camera
    * AwesomeBeats
    * AC!D SoundMOD
    * Various Optimus G live wallpapers

Bugs:
    *To get "Circle Widgets" for moto launcher working, you have to navigate to system/apps with a root explorer (I recommend es file explorer), and locate a system app called "launcher2". Click it to re-install it, and it will work just fine
    *Xperia wallpapers have no wallpapers in them

INSTALL:
    *Download Rom
    *Download houstonn's kernel
    *Nandroid your current ROM
    *Factory Reset
    *Wipe Cache
    *Wipe Dalvik Cache
    *Format System (in mounts and storage)
    *Install/Flash ROM
    *Install/Flash houstonn's kernel
    *Install/Flash Gapps pack
    *Reboot

DOWNLOADS:

Copy&Paste Links:
    *NOTE*: A dirty install from CarbonRom to CarbomClash SHOULD be ok, (key word "should"). Just do all wipes except "factory reset."

CarbonRom V4; AOKP base:http://d-h.st/CIR
    -CarbonDev team did a major overhaul of UI
    -Used Haze028's new AOKP build as a base

CarbonClash V3: http://d-h.st/RAD
    - Fixed Homescreen (moto launcher) from fc'n constantly.
    - Added TouchWizz and samsung wallpapers
    - Added Xperia Z & Optimus theme
    - Fixed talk to text and Google Now voice search force closing
    - Other stuff Im to tired to remember...

CarbonClash V2: http://d-h.st/8C5

CarbonRom and CarbonClash V1 Download Link:
    http://dev.vedpetkar.com/lgog/rom/carbon-atrixxirta/

Thanks for hosting vpetkar http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4985429

Carbon Wallpapers: http://d-h.st/jZf

Ported Rom from this thread: http://goo.im/devs/carbon

"CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that some devices do not have linaro-built kernels at this time.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC."​
    Mirrors for everybody!

I have A LOT of bandwidth to spare, OP I highly recommend you add this to your original post before your Dropbox maxes out.

HOUSTON'S KERNEL:
    http://dev.vedpetkar.com/lgog/kernel/HoustonsKernelWiFiFix.zip

ROM AS OF 3/13/2013 - 6:58pm :
    http://dev.vedpetkar.com/lgog/rom/RootedCarbonRom.zip
    Update coming soon!!

CarbonClash V2 is uploading to Dev-Host right now. Should be updating the OP tonight.
    Updated to Chad's latest cm10.1 with modified kernel with working nfc and wifi issue corrected. So no more need to flash houstonn's kernel separately.

And if anyone whose tried either CarbonRom or CarbonClash V1 can leave me some feedback that would be awesome. Seems everyone is busy with cm10, aokp, stock or rootbox, lol. So ive been giving myself my own feedback, which just doesnt work. Im biased towards my own work..... Need some constructive criticism, lol.

Thanks Guys.
    Man, if you could do something to korean ones, I will be thankful forever...I just arrived here, bought thia phone but I can't stand this LG stock rom...

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app

a lot depends on what you are using.. cdma? gsm? what carrier and which variant.. the L? K? S?
    if you are gsm .. you are mostly like to flash back to the stock 10(something that originally first came out) which should allow you to flash and boot. but the more details provided the better info you can get back..

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

flashed it this morning and it has been stable (no reboots) for the past few hours with working phone/sms/camera/gps/mobile hotspot. I used houstonn's gapps package and the messaging app wouldn't open/work so I tried it with chadourning's version and that fixed that issue. I might give houstonn's new aokp build a try sometime today as well but this rom looks promising :good:

my gapps is for 4.2.1 these new roms are 4.2.2 .. so you must flash the newer gapps..
    the more the merrier ... I've been doing rootbox for alittle bit now.. before I post a thread up I wanted it to be super stable first. and work out all the issues..I've already been given permission for the original dev for using all his banners and such.. hope your rom comes along.. carbon is nice too