[Q] Custom SMS/Messaging Themes

Search This thread

UberSlackr

Apr 5, 2012
How would I go about making/adding my own themes (color styles) for the HTC Messaging app? Preferably without root...

The ones that HTC has providing are crappy, and 90% for females.
Plus its kinda stupid that only the incoming messages are placed inside a "box/bubble." If you set a custom background then the senders (mine) messages are hard to read no matter the color you choose from the given options.

Reactions: mmmajor

mmmajor

May 6, 2010
Charleston, SC
How would I go about making/adding my own themes (color styles) for the HTC Messaging app? Preferably without root...

Plus its kinda stupid that only the incoming messages are placed inside a "box/bubble." If you set a custom background then the senders (mine) messages are hard to read no matter the color you choose from the given options.

Would like to know also..

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Think it cant be done without root, as it's a system app and to access the system you need root permission.

To edit the messaging app you need to decompile it and edit the png files and colors in xml files. Not sure if it affects the whole messaging app because it could be that the app uses resources from other framework apk files !

I haven't checked out sense 6 yet so deeply so cant say for sure !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.