[APP] ADW.Launcher v1.2.0 by AnderWeb is out! (I am not the developer of ADW.)

What is your preferable Launcher

• ADW.Launcher

Votes: 905 53.0%
  • LauncherPro

Votes: 689 40.4%
  • HelixLauncher

Votes: 8 0.5%
  • Home++

Votes: 5 0.3%
  • Ahome

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • Default Stock Launcher2

Votes: 68 4.0%
  • Others Launcher - Please specified

Votes: 29 1.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

lou2s

Jun 19, 2010
Updated to 0.87, new desktop dots indicator is interesting. No FC (never actually except the first few versions). So far so good!

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Neither one works? I've tried both ways actually. Would it be helpful if I re-installed the stock launcher again and tried to push via adb again? I'm just throwing out ideas...

reinstall your rom, then while in recovery-> remove ADWLauncher.apk from /system/app and then push from nexus .zip Launcher2.apk to /system/app/ADWLauncher.apk

that should sort things out.

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
v0.8.7 is out ;)
  • v0.8.7 added 3 different style of Desktop Indicator.
  • v0.8.7 support unlimited icons in 2nd dockbar (swipe down dockbar).

Last edited:

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Any ideas why I would be getting parse errors with these last few versions that you have posted? I may try to pull up a logcat tomorrow if I have time. The apk isn't installing for some reason when I push it to /system/app/ADWLauncher.
check the errors carefully, it could be that you have Launcher2 data that ADW launcher is not compatible with. If that is the that case, delete all the icons, widgets and settings: rm -rf /data/data/com.android.launcher

Clarkster

Mar 23, 2007
Sooke
v0.8.7 is out ;)

[*]v0.8.7 added 3 different style of Desktop Indicator.
[*]v0.8.7 support unlimited icons in 2nd dockbar (swipe down dockbar).

Not sure if you noticed, but when I was using desktop indicators, after each scroll the screen would flash a little darker for an instant. My eyes say it turns a little green, but can't trust them.

If you can't recreate it I'm available to test things for you.

jhenson496

Mar 27, 2010
Orlando
I've looked through the pages and havnt seen this addressed yet. How would I go about changing the drawer icon to a customized icon, or is that possible with adw?

THATTON

Aug 27, 2007
Bakersfield
I've looked through the pages and havnt seen this addressed yet. How would I go about changing the drawer icon to a customized icon, or is that possible with adw?

You could use a Metamorph .xml to edit it but the option to do so is not included in ADWLauncher options though. It is only available at the moment in Launcher Pro's options.

jhenson496

Mar 27, 2010
Orlando
I assumed it would be through metamorph, but I didn't know if you would have to push/pull through adb also like helixlauncher. I'm great at following instructions, just not the brightest at figuring this stuff out myself :rolleyes:

zonbal33

Sep 30, 2009
Can someone tell me how i can install new 0.8.7 in Cyanogen 5.0.8, overwriting the default 0.8.6 version? Thank You very much!

Im on CM 5.0.8 for Droid by Koush. How do i overwrite 0.8.6 with 0.8.7? 0.8.6 is embedded in the settings and it the deafault launcher. thx

Sent from my Droid using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Im on CM 5.0.8 for Droid by Koush. How do i overwrite 0.8.6 with 0.8.7? 0.8.6 is embedded in the settings and it the deafault launcher. thx

Sent from my Droid using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

the answer is right above you.

push the launcher apk to /system/app/ADWLauncher.apk