[Q] how to unlock boot loader and install roms (2.3.6)

Search This thread

good4y0u

Mar 24, 2011
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 6
this is how

(youtube walk through) (links are on the youtube page)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6a0BWquqAc
(details)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182871

Prerequisite:
1. ATT ATRIX 4G device
2. Windows PC
4. No matter what version you have 1.26 / 1.57 / 1.83 / 4.5.91 (*)
5. Proper USB drivers Installed (You can found them at: http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-E...arging-Drivers)
6. A little of Patience

PROS:
* You will ended with an unlock bootloader (BL)

Procedure:
1. Download the attached file
2. Unzip the file inside of a new folder on your hard disk
3. Now is time to run the magic, go to the folder you just unzip the files in and double click or run "MAIN" file
4. A new windows DOS box will show up and just follow the procedure!
5. Flashing pudding part will take a little longer so be patience and let the magic do their work
6. At the end of the process your phone will reboot automatic.
7. Enjoy it!

Thanks to the2dCour for pudding sbf
Thanks to Tenfar for CWM (I prefer it due to the ABD option in recovery! NICE)
Thanks t0dbld for Mobile Hotspot patch

(*) Some users with 4.5.91 will need to run "fix" file to recover from a softbrick after the first attempt
(*) It seemd the new 2.3.4/4.5.91 pudding do a wipe after flash it, so have a backup just in case (I tested 1.83 and at least this preserve the data)

Reactions: Enigmavision

flexis

Dec 19, 2005
help pls

Atrix 4g.
After getting checked ROOT ReservedOdm. There 30000000000030001000200000000. The lists of such is not found. But am feeling that it is not good when compared to similar. Tell me what you can do now and what not? Back rekoveri and put GingerMod 2.3.6 IMHO not?
Data on such firmware in image

Attachments

• Info.jpg
    Info.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 219

elbscorp

May 10, 2012
Rock Spring,GA.
No , actually technicaly it Burns through a fuse. So you can make it appear locked however it will never trully be re locked again. ( they don't usually look for the fuse) so that's why it isn't a worry topic.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

One unusual thing is once you flash an sbf (or at least when I have flashed the 1FF-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P012) you must go through the steps of unlocking the boot loader again.When you complete the steps it tells you it was already unlocked.The phone would not let me flash a custom recovery until those were redone.

Word of WARNING! Only flash SBF files if you enjoy the challenge of soft and semi hard bricks. Have received Failed to Boot 1 many times.

luiskiev

Oct 8, 2012
Unlock bootloader Atrix 4 G (from ebay, non AT&T)

Good evening,

After long time reading stuff about, I finnaly got the courage to root my atrix with SuperOneClick 2.3.3 and it all went fine.

The idea is to Try the Neutrino ROM 2.9

I buy it unlocked on ebay and i am using Vodafone network on it.

With "Root Checker" i have this info:
BOARD: olympus
BOOTLOADER: unknown
BRAND: MOTO
ID: 4.5.2A-74_OLE-31
MANUFACTURER motorola
MODEL mb860
PRODUCT MB860_VFDE
RADIO unknown

In "About Phone" i have this:

system version: 45.31.0.MB860.Vodafone.en.EU
Android vs: 2.3.4
Baseband version: N_01.100.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
APflex version:
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYPGBVFDE_P020
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYPGBVFDE_A006
GAS_EMEA_UCAOLYPVFCOREEU_M001

build number:
4.5.2A-74_OLE-31

---

Now my questions and fears:
1º is my bootloader unlocked? (i think not)
2º wich procedures shoud i take to have neutrino rom safely?

provably the answer is allready somewhere in the forum but i am afraid to brick my ATRIX, so i'm asking here hoping someone call help me before i do it on my own based on the information i read.

thanks in advance for all the help,
Luis

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
If it was all stock and you only rooted it, why would the bootloader be unlocked?

As mentioned countless times before, you need to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery, then install whatever ROM through the recovery. Do a little searching, this has seriously been covered many many many times.

gemer45a

Oct 30, 2013
XDA-CITY
I've searched and searched, all I found was guides with dead links since it's been almost 5years now since they were posted. Does anyone have the required files for unlocking the bootloader? I get an error anytime I try to install the 4.0.4 update. The device just aborts installation and reboots

timc7777

Jun 19, 2017
SBF File Needed

I am also looking for the correct SBF file that can be used to unlock the bootloader of my Atrix 4G. I have search everywhere for a valid link to download the file and have been unsuccessful so far. I have the following:

Model Number: Atrix 4G
System Version: 4.5.141.MB860.ATT.en.US
Android Version: 2.3.6
Build Number: 4.5.141
Carrier: AT&T

If anyone could provide a valid link to download this SBF file I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if ur on at&t !!
    the best way to unlock is to use the automatic bootloader unlocker !!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182871&highlight=automatic

for how to do it, here's a youtube video describing the same !!

also do some research before doing it !!

and be sure, never flash sbf files or use rsd lite after unlocking the bootloader !!!

i unlocked my bootloader using the automatic unlocker (but i was on 2.3.4[4.5.91]) !!!
    Wrong Version?

I am sure you guys are trying to help out, but most are missing an important fact in his request. I noticed this because I am looking for the same answer for the same version as the OP. 2.3.6

The solutions posted so far all refer to 2.3.4 and do not work with 2.3.6. The one updated thread with a link to a site that claims to work on 2.3.6, does not list the Atrix MB860 with 2.3.6, it does list it with 2.3.4.

This does not work, it gets an dialog box error "failed to chmod file: /data/local/tmp", then another that says "failed to get shell root"

The one thread that users claim it does work with 4.5.141.MB880.ATT.en.US, but that's not an option in the script. And they don't give a clue as to what steps they followed.

EDIT: Took a leap of faith, man that turned my stomach ( this is my wife's phone, I don't want to brick it ). I can confirm that the latest link past page 85 of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182871&highlight=automatic is valid as of 03/01/2012 and it is what I used. Followed the OP instructions and then then followed the prompts in the script. It did unlock, then I rooted and flashed CWM, option two.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154600

This is a great thread for new users. I suggest you read it thoroughly. If you have questions ask after you have read up on the process that you are asking about.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
    It has been a while since I rooted/unlocked the bootloader of my phone, but if I remember correctly, I followed similar steps as these.

Currently, I am using CWMs Touch Recovery, can be downloaded from their site, then flashed to the recovery partition using fastboot, I'm sure you know how to do this if you rooted the phone via command prompt. Do a google search, otherwise and current recovery image will do find for what you need, but read the reviews before flashing, some fail hard.

Once that is all done, you pretty much are all set, CWM Touch allows for backups to be completed, flashes to occure and wipes to happen.

I would also suggest that instead of just sticking with just jokersax, I would also suggest to check out turls, also available from jokers site. I personaly find turls to be a little more stable, and I seem to have minimal issues with turls, but everytime I see an update is available, I still jump to that one just to see what is up, then I may or may not jump back down, only because I can :p

After using turls and jokers ICS images, I haven't seen any downsides compared to stock, CM7, or any variants of the like, I love me my ICS. As far as official updates go, I wouldn't be too concerned about that, unless if somewhere else documented, I don't think the ATRIX will be seeing any official updates, but if something does show up, there is a script available on this site to resotre back to stock, then updates should work just fine. This tool seems to do the trick, I've used it personaly myself, got me right back to the stock moto install.
    this is how

(youtube walk through) (links are on the youtube page)
    (details)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182871

Prerequisite:
    1. ATT ATRIX 4G device
    2. Windows PC
    4. No matter what version you have 1.26 / 1.57 / 1.83 / 4.5.91 (*)
    5. Proper USB drivers Installed (You can found them at: http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-E...arging-Drivers)
    6. A little of Patience

PROS:
    * You will ended with an unlock bootloader (BL)

Procedure:
    1. Download the attached file
    2. Unzip the file inside of a new folder on your hard disk
    3. Now is time to run the magic, go to the folder you just unzip the files in and double click or run "MAIN" file
    4. A new windows DOS box will show up and just follow the procedure!
    5. Flashing pudding part will take a little longer so be patience and let the magic do their work
    6. At the end of the process your phone will reboot automatic.
    7. Enjoy it!

Thanks to the2dCour for pudding sbf
    Thanks to Tenfar for CWM (I prefer it due to the ABD option in recovery! NICE)
    Thanks t0dbld for Mobile Hotspot patch

(*) Some users with 4.5.91 will need to run "fix" file to recover from a softbrick after the first attempt
    (*) It seemd the new 2.3.4/4.5.91 pudding do a wipe after flash it, so have a backup just in case (I tested 1.83 and at least this preserve the data)