FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to restore / import Line chat history!

301 posts
Thanks Meter: 235

By BillBauman, Senior Member on 17th October 2013, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2018, 06:34 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghisy

I second this question! As I'm about to move to Oreo, I wonder what works for LINE now. TiBu backup + Android ID change still? The SQlite editor? Built-in save option (within the app)?
Thanks!

In oreo every app has its own ID, but you can install nougat rom then upgrade to oreo and it will keep the old id if you have had it installed prior to upgrading
24th March 2018, 07:03 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amakuramio

In oreo every app has its own ID, but you can install nougat rom then upgrade to oreo and it will keep the old id if you have had it installed prior to upgrading

Unfortunately, I can't do that. I'm gonna be switching to a different custom ROM and a clean install is necessary.

Does the TiBu + Sqlite method still work on Oreo then?
24th March 2018, 07:23 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghisy

Unfortunately, I can't do that. I'm gonna be switching to a different custom ROM and a clean install is necessary.

Does the TiBu + Sqlite method still work on Oreo then?

I tried it long ago but don't know if it works anymore. Can you test and report?
3rd April 2018, 11:46 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Putting this here in case someone ever breaks letter sealing with Titanium Backup:

How to fix "unknown error has occurred" when attempting to verify identity for Letter Sealing:

1. Disable letter sealing.
2. Using Root Explorer, navigate to /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/databases
3. Delete all files that start with "e2ee".
4. Re-enable letter sealing.
5. Verify identity on PC client.
17th July 2018, 12:34 PM |#125  
Flag San Francisco, California USA
Thanks Meter: 278

More
I used the instructions here:
https://www.techgravy.net/line-chat-...store-android/

And all the data in LINE on Android is fine but it seems like I lost everything on the LINE PC version, is there a way to get the LINE data back on the PC version?

Actually, it seems all pictures are missing in the Android, is there a way to fix it since I can always restore from Titanium Backup again.
23rd July 2018, 04:27 AM |#126  
Flag San Francisco, California USA
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly616

I used SQlite manager, and for the steps:
Part 9, on the new line folder (which don't have any messages), click the table (on the uper left)->Export table, and on the fields separated by, use the semicolon ( or pipe (|) (choose what is NOT in the data fields on the table), and on the fields enclosed by, I choose double quotes ("), always. Exported file will be on .csv format
Part 10, on the old line setting folder, click on the 1st cell (top left), hold shift and down arrow until you have selected all cells, then use the delete button on the upper right (add, duplicate, edit, delete), and click on OK when warning signs. Now click on the import icon (beside the folder icon, connect database), choose the CSV, and choose the other as same as what you choose when exporting the new line setting.
Part 11, change the USER_STATUS_ACCESS_WIFI_NETWORK_TIMESTAMP, USER_STATUS_LAST_FOREGROUND_TIMESTAMP, USER_STATUS_LAST_BACKGROUND_TIMESTAMP, APP_LAST_SYNCED_TIME, and the STICKER_SHOP to the timestamp of the old line settings, if you cannot find the same key from the old setting that match to key from the new line settings (I forget the key which is not same), just use the oldest timestamp for it.

Hope it works, sorry for the late response.

Works fine when I just tried it, I have only used LINE since April 2018 and basically all of the photos are still there which are the ones sent by the contact, the only one photo missing was one and only one I actually sent, not sure why it lost the photo I sent but all the received ones are there. Only issue was Letter Sealing failed which was fixed using the method in post #124.

Is there anyway to have the chat history from Android sync to the PC version as when I used the other method of deleting settings, it asked to login and then did the SMS code verification and while the phone had the chat history without photos, it seemed to have completely wipe the chat history on the Desktop PC version of LINE. I tried restoring the previous Android Device ID after making a current TWRP Backup and then restoring the previous TWRP Backup just to find the Android Device ID and then restored the current TWRP Backup and changed the Android Device ID to the one LINE used during the last Titanium Backup on July 12, 2018 but while LINE worked, it worked for exactly 1 minute as I can basically see the cat history and all but after about 1 minute or less, it says LINE detected I am using LINE on a different device and it will delete my chat history which it did. Did exactly the same thing when I cleared data and restored in Titanium Backup.

I didn't have to uninstall or reinstall LINE 8.10.1 as all I did in Titanium Backup was first restore data, freeze the app in TB, copy the naver_line file as naver_line.old to another folder. Then clear data in Titanium Backup, Defrost app, run, freeze and copy the naver_line file as naver_line.new and then copied both of the old and new files to the PC and made a copy of the old file called naver_line, then edited it on the PC with SQLite Expert Professional. Then sent it back to the device, clear data on Titanium Backup, restore data, copied the naver_line file I uploaded to the correct place, defrost TB and then ran LINE. However, letter sealing was still broken which was fixed using the method in post #124.
19th December 2018, 09:09 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 579

More
some real geniuses here so I was wondering if anyone here has a solution for two problems I'm currently facing with LINE after switching phones. all my chats are intact, which is good, however...

1. for some of the chats the pictures sent are missing (at least to LINE, showing a ! symbol) and even after deleting chat history and restoring from backups for these specific chats they still won't show. if I go to Android/data/jp.naver.line.android/storage/mo I still see some of these images from the past so they're there! any way to get this back into my chats so that everything is in one place?

2. I have a bunch of backed up chats, mostly for active chats, but also a few for chats that are no longer. any way to extract the chats from these zips and read them somehow?
8th May 2019, 07:58 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Anyone here have any new updates on this backing up and restoring chat/chat logs with images. Getting images with all chat logs is important. Once you start transfer to new device all the stuff on old device gets wiped out

Any new and easy way to move all line chat logs/chats along with images from a previous device to a new device?
https://help.line.me/line/android/pc?lang=en
8th May 2019, 10:53 PM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 579

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiregeek

Anyone here have any new updates on this backing up and restoring chat/chat logs with images. Getting images with all chat logs is important. Once you start transfer to new device all the stuff on old device gets wiped out

Any new and easy way to move all line chat logs/chats along with images from a previous device to a new device?
https://help.line.me/line/android/pc?lang=en

you can test this and let us all know if you're moving to a new device... copy the Android/data/jp.naver.line.android/storage/ folder to your computer for backup. activate LINE on new device, restore backup via Google Drive and then copy the Android/data/jp.naver.line.android/storage/ folder over to your new device. see if things populate then... that's the only thing I can think of since they removed the local backup option
9th May 2019, 12:01 AM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimm0k

you can test this and let us all know if you're moving to a new device... copy the Android/data/jp.naver.line.android/storage/ folder to your computer for backup. activate LINE on new device, restore backup via Google Drive and then copy the Android/data/jp.naver.line.android/storage/ folder over to your new device. see if things populate then... that's the only thing I can think of since they removed the local backup option

The backup file is only 567KB so the backup is obviously missing all the images. Whether it be from Smartphone or computer 567kb file should be the same
9th May 2019, 12:49 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimm0k

that's the only thing I can think of since they removed the local backup option

Removing the local backup option was a really dumb move! 👎
I really wish my friends in Japan would move to WhatsApp or Telegram! LINE is such an annoying app
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghisy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ghisy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)