[Q] Superwipe on the Sensation

Search This thread

narse

Dec 29, 2009
I am currently S-Offed and running a custom rom, but have seen in a few of the forums people talking about "Superwipe". I've searched around and it seems that the Superwipe is written for the HTC Dream. Is it safe to use the V2 script in this thread "http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=834812" on the Sensation, and what does it do that doing a wipe from CWM Recovery doesn't? Is it worth doing?

Thanks.

woody21

May 26, 2008
i would not risk it myself as i dont know as im fairly new to android coming from winmo

But i have done my sensation and used the superwipe provided in the android revolution hd rom thread here. (half way down, just under the download link for the rom)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098849

the file is named as if its specifically for the sensation and worked perfectly for me.

Last edited:

mollybc

Jan 8, 2009
Apex, NC
You can do it in CWM but is just so much easier to run the superwipe script. I have been using Mike's ARHD Superwipe script practically from the day we got the Sensation unlocked and have never had a single issue. And don't read too much into the thread you linked b/c running the superwipe script will not do anything to brick your phone. If you don't want to superwipe then you can factory reset, clear cache, format cache, format system, format data, and wipe dalvic cache which should do the same as the script. Welcome on board and happy flashing :)

Can we just wipe all the data using cwm, I want to root and apply a Rom, I'm not new to this as I have rooted and installed Roms on my vibrant. I never used no superwipe on my vibrant. After reading this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261458 I don't even want to risk using superwipe

Reactions: gresziu and musa91

Ste05

Jul 28, 2011
i would not risk it myself as i dont know as im fairly new to android coming from winmo

But i have done my sensation and used the superwipe provided in the android revolution hd rom thread here. (half way down, just under the download link for the rom)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098849

the file is named as if its specifically for the sensation and worked perfectly for me.
The DL link for SuperWipe seems to be dead in that thread. Does anyone have an alternative link for where to download it from?

It's my first time flashing a ROM so I'm trying to follow instructions exactly to have minimal possible issues.

Mash23

Apr 5, 2011
Turku
I've used the super wipe and full wipe zips before and just now have heard something of mounting the system partition prior to flashing the super wipe. Is it necessary and a second question is why the super wipe states that the partitions are unmounted already? Does it unmount them prior to formating or what? Thx in advance.

johnpatcher

Jan 5, 2008
What does super wipe do? Will it wipe all sdcard(like format)?
No, it just removes some system files from the SD card, but doesn't format it.

The following directories will get removed recursively from the SD card:

• .android_secure
  • .bookmark_thumb1
  • .data/footprints
  • .data/mail
  • Android/data/com.android.providers.media
  • sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache
  • sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.maps
  • sdcard/.data/navigator/Data/Temporary
  • sdcard/LazyList
  • sdcard/LOST.DIR

However your system, data and boot partition will get formatted, as well as a cache partition on your SD card.

Reactions: jjdoctor

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk
Hi there all,

I'm going to be flashing the latest 6.x ARHD ICS ROM onto my sensation.
I'm following the threads on firmware etc... Just wanted to know abit more about Superwipe.

I'm running EXT4 as my recovery atm, will Superwipe replace that?
What exactly does a superwipe do? Also will my recovery still be intact and will Superwiping delete anything that has been saved to apps etc... Saved games, details etc...

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Hi there all,

I'm going to be flashing the latest 6.x ARHD ICS ROM onto my sensation.
I'm following the threads on firmware etc... Just wanted to know abit more about Superwipe.

I'm running EXT4 as my recovery atm, will Superwipe replace that?
What exactly does a superwipe do? Also will my recovery still be intact and will Superwiping delete anything that has been saved to apps etc... Saved games, details etc...
Superwipe formats the system and data partitions on the phone, ready for you to flash a new ROM. It doesn't touch your SD card. It won't touch your recovery tool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go.
    I used the Full_wipe.zip from CoreDroid rom which worked perfectly.

You can try this if superwipe does not work for you.
    You can do it in CWM but is just so much easier to run the superwipe script. I have been using Mike's ARHD Superwipe script practically from the day we got the Sensation unlocked and have never had a single issue. And don't read too much into the thread you linked b/c running the superwipe script will not do anything to brick your phone. If you don't want to superwipe then you can factory reset, clear cache, format cache, format system, format data, and wipe dalvic cache which should do the same as the script. Welcome on board and happy flashing :)

Can we just wipe all the data using cwm, I want to root and apply a Rom, I'm not new to this as I have rooted and installed Roms on my vibrant. I never used no superwipe on my vibrant. After reading this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261458 I don't even want to risk using superwipe
    I use this if moving to a different ROM:

http://www.multiupload.com/CYTE1KKXHS

(new link to the one that was on mike1986's thread)
    What does super wipe do? Will it wipe all sdcard(like format)?
    No, it just removes some system files from the SD card, but doesn't format it.

The following directories will get removed recursively from the SD card:

• .android_secure
    • .bookmark_thumb1
    • .data/footprints
    • .data/mail
    • Android/data/com.android.providers.media
    • sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache
    • sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.maps
    • sdcard/.data/navigator/Data/Temporary
    • sdcard/LazyList
    • sdcard/LOST.DIR

However your system, data and boot partition will get formatted, as well as a cache partition on your SD card.