[Q] "Can't mount storage" error after formatting cache in CWM

Search This thread

optimus_rony

Mar 13, 2014
Dhaka
After using for some days with sling rom 2.1 my phone was running li'l bit slow. So i went to CWM recovery, formatted the cache partition. After that when i reboot to system, it shows an error like this:

" SECURE BOOTING ERROR
==========================
Cause: Device unlock, So boot success "

and goes to recovery every time instead of booting into phone. When i didn't understand what i did wrong, I decided to flash a rom from the memory card and it shows me another error "Can't mount sdcard". After that i wanted to flash with kdz but surprisingly i couldn't get it to the download mode either. It just goes into recovery. What should i do now?

Last edited:

blueberry6401

Jun 15, 2014
After using for some days with sling rom 2.1 my phone was running li'l bit slow. So i went to CWM recovery formatted the cache partition. After that when i reboot to system it shows an error like this:

" SECURE BOOTING ERROR
==========================
Cause: Device unlock, Boot success "

and goes to recovery every time instead of booting into phone. When i didn't understand what i did wrong, I decided to flash a rom from the memory card it shows me another error "Can't mount sdcard". After that i wanted to flash with kdz but surprisingly i couldn't get it to the download mode either. It just goes into recovery. What should i do now?

How did you go to download mode? Try this:
- Turn off device (in recovery: advanced > power off).
- Wait 20-30s. Unplug cable.
- Hold volume up and down + plug quickly.
Try several times.

akiscoolio

Jul 4, 2008
Go in cwm mount system then format system it worked for me i don't know if it will work for you so i don't hold me responsible over this but if you can't do anything else you can try it